• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A bit of news the MSM for got to put on

Are the Obamas keeping children in, is Israel keeping their kids in, how bout the Vatican? Maybe you need to do some thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Obama wall is decorative. It would not keep any one out. Israels wall is far, far, far shorter than our southern border. The Vatican is 0.2 square miles, and you can enter easily. Care to try again with less fail?

Just Hanging in the last couple of days Trump has been making the case by allowing those officers on the border and those in charge at DHS to speak to the American people and make the case.

That's great. But which people are these? Have we heard both sides of the argument, because I'm willing to bet that there are some border patrol people who think the $5b could be better spent. Or do you think that the border patrol is 100% in agreement that this is the best way to spend $5b?

Again, we need evidence from a reputable source (which neither Trump, nor the people he's chosen to speak for him, are. I think we can both agree on that.) showing that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling.

Trump listened to the people in charge and turned away from wanting a concrete wall because the border patrol said they needed a type of barrier that would allow them to see what was going on on the other side. They also said it needed to be 30 ft in height. They have already specified where this fencing needs to be erected. So much of the border is fenced with panels of fencing that is short in height and does not allow border patrol to see what is going on behind the barrier. There have also been experts on drones out there shooting down the idea that this was some kind of answer to border safety. They basically said unless you arm those drones to be a deterrent they are not the answer. Right now we have 2000 estimated daily trying to come across our border. It is truly a crisis.

I'm not saying anything about it being a crisis or not. I'm saying there should be some research done before you spend $5b, to show that this is a cost effective strategy. Don't you think that makes sense?

That's great. But which people are these? Have we heard both sides of the argument, because I'm willing to bet that there are some border patrol people who think the $5b could be better spent. Or do you think that the border patrol is 100% in agreement that this is the best way to spend $5b?

Again, we need evidence from a reputable source (which neither Trump, nor the people he's chosen to speak for him, are. I think we can both agree on that.) showing that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling.

I'm not saying anything about it being a crisis or not. I'm saying there should be some research done before you spend $5b, to show that this is a cost effective strategy. Don't you think that makes sense?

I think the stats we have already collected long before Trump came into office on how much illegal immigration is costing this country every darn year is enough proof to show that the 5 billion is chump change in comparison and should be an embarrassment to those who are against 5 billion to help shore up the security of our borders.

The Obama wall is decorative. It would not keep any one out. Israels wall is far, far, far shorter than our southern border. The Vatican is 0.2 square miles, and you can enter easily. Care to try again with less fail?

Your just dippin and dodgin ain’t you. Let’s try this one, if someone comes to your house, how would you want to handle it, 1- they come to front door and knock, so you can choose who comes over or, 2- they just come through a window without asking, and you can’t make them leave. So which would be the proper way to come in? I’m sure you won’t answer this question, but I’m trying to get you to think outside of MSM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the stats we have already collected long before Trump came into office on how much illegal immigration is costing this country every darn year is enough proof to show that the 5 billion is chump change in comparison and should be an embarrassment to those who are against 5 billion to help shore up the security of our borders.

This is not evidence from a reputable source that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling.

Do you have said evidence and have thought it through, or are you putting your trust in what Trump and others are telling you? If you have the evidence could you please provide a link. Thanks in advance.

So exactly who Is a reputable source? You don’t believe our sources, and we don’t believe your sources. Now what, who picks a source? So I vote that since Trump is your president he gets to choose, Obama told Trump that elections have consequences, maybe this is what he was talking about!

Your just dippin and dodgin ain’t you. Let’s try this one, if someone comes to your house, how would you want to handle it, 1- they come to front door and knock, so you can choose who comes over or, 2- they just come through a window without asking, and you can’t make them leave. So which would be the proper way to come in? I’m sure you won’t answer this question, but I’m trying to get you to think outside of MSM.

My house is not thousands of miles long. Hint: money is an issue.

This has nothing to do with whether spending $5b on a small portion of wall along a 2000 mile long international border is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling.

How in the world can you believe the two are even remotely related?

So exactly who Is a reputable source? You don’t believe our sources, and we don’t believe your sources.

No, disbelieving something based on the source is a Trump base thing. That is after all what Trump has stressed to his base since he began running for office. It's called lugenpresse and it's an old Nazi propaganda technique. Apparently it's quite effective on it's intended audience.

I look at any reputable source, why wouldn't I? If I didn't, then I would be basing my decisions on emotions and what other's have told me to think. That's how Trump operates with his base, and is a piss poor way to arrive at decisions.

Now what, who picks a source?

So far Trump and his supporters haven't provided any evidence from any source that I've seen showing that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling. Can you provide some? Or are you just believing something because that's what you've been told to believe?

So I vote that since Trump is your president he gets to choose, Obama told Trump that elections have consequences, maybe this is what he was talking about!

This is all babble. What does it have to do with providing evidence that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy?

Your argument here is: "We won the election, so we get to act like idiots!"

Last edited:
Have you ever been associated with daycare? From your post it doesn't sound like it. To keep toddlers in place from wandering off it would only take a regular chain link fence no more than three feet high. But now due to other threats like divorced parents where the one without custody wants to kidnap their own kid or the demented in our society who prey on little children or those in our society who would kidnap a child of someone for a ransom the fences have grown in height. Now at most daycares you are met with bulletproof glass at the entrance. You have to buzz in and identify yourself. Then before they will let you in, they ask for identification of who you say you are and if you are in their records as someone who the parent has given authority to pickup the child. If not you do not get in and the parent in custody is called.

According to border patrol, walls do work in certain areas of the border and it is those who put it on the line to protect the border that are calling for needed barriers in certain locations and replacements in areas where the barriers are inadequate. .

And that's fine when we get a proposal indicating where, what, how much we can then discuss it rationally until then...no!
Is that too much to ask?

Everyone knows the left hates talk radio, and social media. The reason of course is they let all the people know what the MSM dont want them to know.

Example-------------The House just finished expanding their House day car center. It costs the taxpayers $12,000,000.

AND---------------------------the pictures of it show a VERY HIGH FENCE around it. You know one of those things that democrats say is worthless at the border-------------a fence. Another case where a fence is good for democrat kids, big NOT good for the regular American peoples kids.

The press should ask Pelosi about this and the cost.
EVERY ONE IN THE HOUSE WHO NEEDS IT.

Good God. Try to come up with something better than this to attack Democrats with. Like do 2 or 3 minutes worth of research or just maybe read the article. If you got it from a right wing propaganda site then I understand at least
it gives you mitigating excuses.

This is not evidence from a reputable source that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling.

Do you have said evidence and have thought it through, or are you putting your trust in what Trump and others are telling you? If you have the evidence could you please provide a link. Thanks in advance.

My G-d man when Obama was prez the stats are out there in multiple sources in how much illegal immigration is costing Americans each year. There are those who want to make this all about Trump but the truth is for years the lack of securing our border and feckless immigration laws are cost us billions.

Yeah, no one is reporting on that...

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/423443-house-opens-day-care-center-in-hopes-to-better-retain-staffers-with-children
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/co...o-open-with-12-million-taxpayer-funded-outlay
https://www.npr.org/2019/01/01/6812...ouse-day-care-will-keep-staff-on-capitol-hill

Did you know a fence can be used to keep kids in, as opposed to keeping people out? It is also not very high, and most adults could climb it without much difficulty.
You realize the that wall protecting the kids is the flat gray thing in the back, right? And this is in downtown Washington DC.

My house is not thousands of miles long. Hint: money is an issue.

That’s what I thought you would say, I want folks to be welcomed at my door, not just come on in. And money isn’t the issue, the Democrats want $12billion to give to other countries WTF?

No, disbelieving something based on the source is a Trump base thing. That is after all what Trump has stressed to his base since he began running for office. It's called lugenpresse and it's an old Nazi propaganda technique. Apparently it's quite effective on it's intended audience.

I look at any reputable source, why wouldn't I? If I didn't, then I would be basing my decisions on emotions and what other's have told me to think. That's how Trump operates with his base, and is a piss poor way to arrive at decisions.

So far Trump and his supporters haven't provided any evidence from any source that I've seen showing that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling. Can you provide some? Or are you just believing something because that's what you've been told to believe?

This is all babble. What does it have to do with providing evidence that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy?

Your argument here is: "We won the election, so we get to act like idiots!"

Y’all won last time and acted like idiots, so let us act like idiots and get things fixed, so next time y’all win y’all can act like idiots, it’s been going around for years. And there was a presser with the border professionals and they all said we need a wall!

So wait...did they put a fence around the daycare to keep out undocumented immigrants? That seems so very specific in DC of all places.

Everyone knows the left hates talk radio, and social media. The reason of course is they let all the people know what the MSM dont want them to know.

Example-------------The House just finished expanding their House day car center. It costs the taxpayers $12,000,000.

AND---------------------------the pictures of it show a VERY HIGH FENCE around it. You know one of those things that democrats say is worthless at the border-------------a fence. Another case where a fence is good for democrat kids, big NOT good for the regular American peoples kids.

Of course, you don’t really mean “everyone” knows the left hates. And, how could you know they “know” and how is it possible to prove “hate” (outside of as may be legally applied) to any significant extent? You can’t, so those three claims of yours can't possibly pass muster.

You obviously are trying to make us think that the Democrats put this $12M burden of the playground on the taxpayers by your saying “The press should ask Pelosi about this and the cost” and, based on your context, that the playground expansion was not worth it. Please be advised that the $12M was in legislation that GOP House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy pushed through Congress.

“Another case where a fence is good for democrat kids, big NOT good for the regular American peoples kids.”

I guess by the above you’re implying that Democrats are against a fence for the border. You give no evidence of such a claim. Dems, along with Reps, have been voting for southern border fences and other barriers for many years. Along with the Reps, they came up with a comprehensive immigration plan that included fences which Trump promised to sign but then, as is his pathology, rejected.

Your accusation and claim is completely unfounded and thus so is your OP. You can’t back up your own words.

Congressional Day Care Center:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/co...o-open-with-12-million-taxpayer-funded-outlay

That’s what I thought you would say, I want folks to be welcomed at my door, not just come on in. And money isn’t the issue, the Democrats want $12billion to give to other countries WTF?

OK, I know this is going to be real confusing for you, but try and follow along:

A) 12 billion would not build the wall
B) 12 billion would not even cover the annual maintenance cost of the wall

OK, I know this is going to be real confusing for you, but try and follow along:

A) 12 billion would not build the wall
B) 12 billion would not even cover the annual maintenance cost of the wall

You are correct, but I’m sure that the 12 billion democrats want to give away won’t be enough either, don’t you agree they will want more next time.
Anyway how many billions do we spend on illegals here annually now, with public safety nets, which by the way i was under some kind of idea that our safety nets were for fellow Americans, I didn’t know it was for anyone in the world.
I like how you deflected away from the wall and your sheepish ideas about walls and fences, and you couldn’t even answer the front door question!

Are the Obamas keeping children in, is Israel keeping their kids in, how bout the Vatican? Maybe you need to do some thinking

What about the Vatican? You can walk unimpeded right through the Pope's front door.

Why would Trump ask Nancy Pelosi about something that Kevin McCarthy spearheaded?

Do you citizens of Trump Fan Nation have any idea what's going on?

Back
Top Bottom