• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Bi Partisan Commission- investigate Capitol attack With access to all Intel- powers to subpoena witnesses and information from SM/Banks etc

A Bi Partisan Commission- investigate Capitol attack?

• Total voters

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

With access to all Intel- powers to subpoena witnesses and information from SM/Banks etc

Yes

No

Other

Isn't the AG and the FBI already investigating the Capitol attack? Not sure, but I think they've made over 200 arrests.

Waste of time, every Republican on this “bipartisan” commission would ignore any action Trump took up to and including incitement of a mob to go after his political adversaries in Congress... today proved Republicans are okay with law enforcement losing their lives over Trump’s temper tantrum.

Isn't the AG and the FBI already investigating the Capitol attack? Not sure, but I think they've made over 200 arrests.
Yes they are
Waste of time, every Republican on this “bipartisan” commission would ignore any action Trump took up to and including incitement of a mob to go after his political adversaries in Congress... today proved Republicans are okay with law enforcement losing their lives over Trump’s temper tantrum.
Make it as public as possible- Minority can always provide a report
Minority would need 3 to publish a report - based upon a commission of 10

But the Dems would control the committee, decisions, and votes. I think they should go for it.

Also, I saw a suggestion to reconstitute the Mueller team. Now that Trump is no longer immune, I really like this idea. They have all the records & documents intact, and a huge store of institutional knowledge.

Other

It's a waste of time. There is no evidence that Trump did anything criminal.

End of story.

But the Dems would control the committee, decisions, and votes. I think they should go for it.

Also, I saw a suggestion to reconstitute the Mueller team. Now that Trump is no longer immune, I really like this idea. They have all the records & documents intact, and a huge store of institutional knowledge.
5 & 5 -even, Govt picks a chair

Other

End of story.

Oh PLEASE...
Even McConnell said he was guilty...
How do you think it will go with him on tbe stand???

Other

End of story.
This is not about Trump - That's a NothingBurger -

I have found a few lately

This is about how did/why did these people attack the Capitol-driving factors, who was involved in any planning, monies, Media, etc, all that stuff

Many Rs miss that point or avoid it like Holy Water & Vampires

Oh PLEASE...
Even McConnell said he was guilty...
How do you think it will go with him on tbe stand???
LOL!!

Seriously???

McConnell on the stand? Expressing an opinion? Based on what?...the House manager's nonsense that couldn't convince Senators to convict?

Nobody will be stupid enough to get McConnell on the stand...not even McConnell.

This is not about Trump - That's a NothingBurger -

I have found a few lately

This is about how did/why did these people attack the Capitol-driving factors, who was involved in any planning, monies, Media, etc, all that stuff

Many Rs miss that point or avoid it like Holy Water & Vampires
We don't need a commission to do the DOJ's job, do we?

We don't need a commission to do the DOJ's job, do we?
Yes you do- DOJ will not publish most underlying causes
A Committee will investigate and publish
5 Ds, 5 Rs

Yes, impeach first, then investigate - sounds like usual Democrat ass backwards strategy.

But, to give them credit, it does seem that the Democrats have decided upon a political strategy that keeps a martyred Trump's political career alive in the hopes that the Trump loyalists will tear the Republican party apart leading into the next election. Best chance for the Democrats to retain power is to have Trump splinter the Republican vote.

Yes, impeach first, then investigate - sounds like usual Democrat ass backwards strategy.

But, to give them credit, it does seem that the Democrats have decided upon a political strategy that keeps a martyred Trump's political career alive in the hopes that the Trump loyalists will tear the Republican party apart leading into the next election. Best chance for the Democrats to retain power is to have Trump splinter the Republican vote.
You missed the points made - my opinion is out there.
And yes the R party is going thru a civil war. I stated that years ago when Trump started rising
Now what point are you making?

Yes you do- DOJ will not publish most underlying causes
A Committee will investigate and publish
5 Ds, 5 Rs
So...all you want is the dirt. You don't care about justice.

Okay.

With access to all Intel- powers to subpoena witnesses and information from SM/Banks etc

Yes

No

Other
I'm all for a fair and impartial investigation, not motivated by bias and politics. But, bipartisan could mean 11 Democrats and one Republican. The term itself doesn't mean much anymore and it would be a worthless endeavor if we had six Republicans trying to clear Trump and six Democrats trying to go after Trump or it could be mistakenly called bipartisan if it were six Democrats and six Republicans who voted Trump guilty. That would hardly be a fair and impartial investigation. The investigation needs to be pursued in a manner where it isn't a Trump investigation but an investigation of the Capitol riot. If the investigation focuses on Trump then it is just yet another kangaroo court set up by Democrats.

I'm all for a fair and impartial investigation, not motivated by bias and politics. But, bipartisan could mean 11 Democrats and one Republican. The term itself doesn't mean much anymore and it would be a worthless endeavor if we had six Republicans trying to clear Trump and six Democrats trying to go after Trump or it could be mistakenly called bipartisan if it were six Democrats and six Republicans who voted Trump guilty. That would hardly be a fair and impartial investigation. The investigation needs to be pursued in a manner where it isn't a Trump investigation but an investigation of the Capitol riot. If the investigation focuses on Trump then it is just yet another kangaroo court set up by Democrats.
Trump is just 1 part of this
He does not get a pass, but there are other causes that led to the Insurrection

1. Donald Trump said a bunch of dumb stuff.
  2. There were a group of people who followed the insane and dangerous conspiracy theories of an online loser who goes by "Q".
  3. Those people, however few, were dumb enough to combine what Trump was saying with the insane conspiracy theories that they spent their days reading and researching.
What if that is all that happened and we don't need a politicized commission to spend tens of millions of dollars to figure out? I will say this, if someone can prove that Trump has a direct connection to "Q" then I would him more responsible for what happened on the 6th. And if any of you have looked at Q posts you would know that he/they claim a direct connection to Trump, among very many other crazy things. That might be a thread worth tugging on, although I do think it's complete bullshit.

Trump is just 1 part of this
He does not get a pass, but there are other causes that led to the Insurrection
You could have just liked my post. If Trump is the focus of the investigation then right off the bat it is not going to be a fair and impartial investigation. It needs to be an investigation of the Capitol riot, which would actually clear Trump. Trump didn't incite any more than Bernie incited one of his followers to shoot up Republicans or in Shumer threatening the Supreme Court with tough intimidating words.

But there might be "other" issues even the republicans might agree on, like who organized and funded the protest, and to what purpose? WE DO GET that Trump was the one who lit the fuse, but many others, like Qaonon, Proud Boys, Women for America First, etc. were behind the funding and planning.
worth reading: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/09/pro...lly-that-led-to-deadly-capitol-hill-riot.html

already happening

You could have just liked my post. If Trump is the focus of the investigation then right off the bat it is not going to be a fair and impartial investigation. It needs to be an investigation of the Capitol riot, which would actually clear Trump. Trump didn't incite any more than Bernie incited one of his followers to shoot up Republicans or in Shumer threatening the Supreme Court with tough intimidating words.
IMHO, Trump is the major part of the incitement- others as well.
But again, there are other parts to this that must be identified.

IMHO, Trump is the major part of the incitement- others as well.
But again, there are other parts to this that must be identified.
If you start it out as a Trump investigation then you just wind up investigating to find something to nail Trump with, yet another TDS Kangaroo court. The investigation must be about the Capitol riots, not Trump.

Nearly all of us saw all the evidence that's needed.

That's definitely more than a reasonable possibility. Hopefully a reasonable political party will emerge out of this chaos so the conservative Democrats (the overwhelming majority of Democrats) are kept in check.

Back
Top Bottom