• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A better world, around 2012 give or take

Joakim

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
America was spawned by Europe and should abide by Europe.
Then you could have democracy again, I would like to see that.
That would be nice!

America certainly wasn't spawned by Sweden.

Joakim said:
America was spawned by Europe and should abide by Europe.
Then you could have democracy again, I would like to see that.
That would be nice!

With the exception of the UK screw Europe....We don't need to be anything like them........

Navy Pride said:
With the exception of the UK screw Europe....We don't need to be anything like them........

There are ways that America should be more like Europe, and ways that Europe should be more like America.

But yeah, the original poster is an idiot if he thinks "America was spawned by Europe and should abide by Europe." We didn't fight a war of independence just for fun...

Kandahar said:
There are ways that America should be more like Europe, and ways that Europe should be more like America.

But yeah, the original poster is an idiot if he thinks "America was spawned by Europe and should abide by Europe." We didn't fight a war of independence just for fun...

Can you tell me the ways America should be more like Europe? Thanks....

"But yeah, the original poster is an idiot if he thinks " - Kadahar

I don't actually think that, was having a really bad day.
It's just so frustrating when I see what is happening in American politics and know that it will affect me more in the long run than some of the internal politics in my own country.

I suppose I should have said something like; I would also like to vote in your elections.

If you ask me I think its fubar that you only have two sides to vote for.

It's just so frustrating when I see what is happening in American politics and know that it will affect me more in the long run than some of the internal politics in my own country.

*****Hey Joacamin, lets take a closer look at life in Europe. I'll post a couple of paragraphs from the book jacket of "While Europe Slept"....How Radical Islam is destroying the West from Within by Bruce Bawer.

As an American living in Europe since 1998, Bruce Bawer has seen the problem of radical Islam up close. Across the continent--in Amsterdam, Oslo, Copenhagen, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, and Stockholm--he encountered large, rapidly expanding Muslim enclaves in which women were oppressed and abused, homosexuals persecuted and killed, "infidels" threatened and vilified, Jews demonized and attacked, barbaric traditions (such as honor killing and forced marriage) widely practiced, and freedom of speech and religion firmly repudiated.

The European political and media establishment turned a blind eye to all this, selling out women, Jews, gays, and democratic principles generally--even criminilizing free speech--in order to pacify the radical Islamists and preserve the illusion of multicultural harmony. The few heroic figures who dared to criticize Muslim extremists and speak up for true liberal values were systematically slandered as fascist bigots. Witnessing the disgraceful reaction of Europe's elites to 9/11, to the terrorist attacks on Madrid, Beslan, and London, and to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, Bawer concluded that Europe was heading inexorably down a path to cultural suicide.

And you want Americans to think and act more like Europeans? Do yourself a favor, get on the next Mayflower boat heading for America. Leave your Koran behind.

Navy Pride said:
Can you tell me the ways America should be more like Europe? Thanks....

WAYS AMERICA SHOULD BE MORE LIKE EUROPE:
- Education system
- Lax drug laws
- Less social taboos
- Healthier lifestyle
- Less litigous

WAYS EUROPE SHOULD BE MORE LIKE AMERICA:
- More economic freedom
- Lax abortion laws
- Recognizing the threat posed by Islamism
- Paying for their own defense
- Less xenophobic

Last edited:
Kandahar said:
WAYS AMERICA SHOULD BE MORE LIKE EUROPE:
- Education system
- Lax drug laws
- Less social taboos
- Healthier lifestyle
- Less litigous

WAYS EUROPE SHOULD BE MORE LIKE AMERICA:
- More economic freedom
- Lax abortion laws
- Recognizing the threat posed by Islamism
- Paying for their own defense
- Less xenophobic

1. Don't know about their education system but we need to dump the NEA......

2. No thanks, not for everyone getting stoned....

3. Sounds like that is and attack on religion.not thanks

4. Don't know what that means

5. Likewise

Navy Pride said:
1. Don't know about their education system but we need to dump the NEA......

Agreed about the NEA. The education system of most European countries is superior to the American education system, because public education money is attached to the student rather than the school. Thus, the students can choose any public or private school they like, instead of having the government assign them to a school. This ensures more competition and accountability (if the schools can't attract students, they lose tuition money and administrators/teachers lose their jobs).

Navy Pride said:
2. No thanks, not for everyone getting stoned....

Yes, you've mentioned this numerous times. And you're still wrong.

Navy Pride said:
3. Sounds like that is and attack on religion.not thanks

Meh, religion is certainly a big factor in that equation, but it's not the only factor. "No thanks"? You mean you DO think that certain subjects should be taboo to even talk about?

Navy Pride said:
4. Don't know what that means

It means that the average European doesn't eat five Big Macs a week. A healthier lifestyle is the main reasons that Europeans live longer than Americans, despite crappy healthcare and lower per capita income.

Navy Pride said:
5. Likewise

It means that Europeans don't routinely sue people for frivolous things the way Americans do.

Both Europe and America have their strengths and weaknesses. If you can't see any ways at all that Americans should be more like Europeans, you've obviously never been to Europe.

Back
Top Bottom