• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Better Glenn Beck Thread.

If you think that someone actually said that, I think you need to work on reading comprehension.

The rally was called what..?? Restoring Honor. Correct?

When exactly did we loose this honor?

I'm not going to get into all the things you say Glenn Beck stands for or is against. Just that most are not true.
I stated that I don't think Glenn Beck said anything at the rally that MLK would disagree with today. If so, please give a quote.

Birthright Citizenship - "Why do we have automatic citizenship upon birth? We're the only country in the world that has it."
Health care reform - 'Forty-five percent of doctors 'say they'll quit' if health care reform passes. " and "In the health care bill, we're now offering insurance for dogs."
Social Security - "When Social Security started, age expectancy for the average man was 58. It was 62 -- 62 for women."

We've lost it and regained it since the conception of our country. Can you not think of times when the US has done HORRIBLE thigns? How about very HONORABLE things?

The same time Al Sharpton lost his Dream in his Reclaiming the Dream rally.

Not really. There was nothing political about the rally.

It would be like if thousands of people showed up at the unveiling of a $100,000 battery powered car.
Most, but not all would be liberals and likely to vote for Democrates.

Yes, they would be. What's your point?

There's nothing wrong with liberals or conservatives holding rallies to support their particular causes. But let's at least be honest about what it is.

I'll walk you through this slowly:

You: I think the notion that electing a black President has somehow moved us away from God, that theme would not sit well with MLK.

Me: Where are you getting that notion?

You: [Something non-responsive.]

I'm having a hard time understanding how you're making the leap from the rally being called "Restoring honor" to "Electing a black president has moved us away from God."

Birthright Citizenship - "Why do we have automatic citizenship upon birth? We're the only country in the world that has it."
Health care reform - 'Forty-five percent of doctors 'say they'll quit' if health care reform passes. " and "In the health care bill, we're now offering insurance for dogs."
Social Security - "When Social Security started, age expectancy for the average man was 58. It was 62 -- 62 for women."

Are those quotes from the rally? Because when I google them (as you provided no links), they show up as being several months or years old.

Last edited:
The Rally was nothing about any of those things. It was about God for the most part.
Obama and Congress were mentioned in the closing prayer. That was as political as it got. No policies were discussed whatsoever. What rally are you talking about?

I think the notion that electing a black President has somehow moved us away from God, that theme would not sit well with MLK.

And what gives you the impression that was what this was about?

We've lost it and regained it since the conception of our country. Can you not think of times when the US has done HORRIBLE thigns?

We invaded Iraq based on a lie... you mean like that kind of horrible?

Or we fired DOJ attorneys for political reasons?

We withdrew from the Kyoto protocol.

We allowed industry to develop the wetlands around New Orleans which weakened the city against major storms.

We banned gay marriage in many states.

Currently we're allowing a culture of fear and paranoia toward muslims to grow out of control.

That's just the most recent stuff I can think of...

How about very HONORABLE things?

We elected a President and Legislature that passed sweeping Health Care reform... however I hear some are chomping at the bit to take it away ASAP.

And what gives you the impression that was what this was about?

Must have been the black preacher who won the Faith Award, the black gospel singers, Alveda King's speech (she's black too), the black people in the audience....

.....so.........

Are all these black people racist against their own race or are they just stupid? Which is it hazlnut?

Yes, they would be. What's your point?

There's nothing wrong with liberals or conservatives holding rallies to support their particular causes. But let's at least be honest about what it is.

So going to an unveiling of a green car would be considered a political get together just because the majority of people would be liberals?

We invaded Iraq based on a lie... you mean like that kind of horrible?

Or we fired DOJ attorneys for political reasons?

We withdrew from the Kyoto protocol.

We allowed industry to develop the wetlands around New Orleans which weakened the city against major storms.

We banned gay marriage in many states.

Currently we're allowing a culture of fear and paranoia toward muslims to grow out of control.

That's just the most recent stuff I can think of...

We elected a President and Legislature that passed sweeping Health Care reform... however I hear some are chomping at the bit to take it away ASAP.

See there. You answered your own question. :) according to you we definately need to restore some honor.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you're making the leap from the rally being called "Restoring honor" to "Electing a black president has moved us away from God."

You've never watched his show?

You're being pretty disingenuous if you're going to say what does the theme and content of his show have to do with the rally.

To whom did he promote the rally? His fans. The rally, called restoring honor, was about getting back to the way things used to be.

The message wasn't very subtle. And not very Christian.

Last edited:

You're being pretty disingenuous if you're going to say what does the theme and content of his show have to do with the rally.

To whom did he promote the rally? His fans. The rally, called restoring honor, was about getting back to the way things used to be.

I'm asking how you get from that to "electing a black president has moved us away from god."

You very clearly don't have a clue.

Last edited:
So going to an unveiling of a green car would be considered a political get together just because the majority of people would be liberals?

Yes. Environmentalism is usually seen as an issue of concern to the left, so a public event that addresses this issue in a way that liberals would tend to support would be political. The same way a rally against, say, illegal immigration would probably be populated mostly by people on the right. Making it a public, political event.

See there. You answered your own question. :) according to you we definately need to restore some honor.

How about how this country has an incredible amount of adulterers, drug addicts, liars, cheaters, racists, the lazy, the greedy, and the willfilly ignorant (the aliterate, I call them)?

What's so wrong with trying to be better people? What's so wrong with being more faithful to God? What's so wrong with seeking out truth? What's so wrong with giving to those who are in need?

Not sure the problem people had with this rally. Are they just mad because Beck actually stayed true to his word and kept it non-political so everything they planned to say after the rally can't be said or they'd look like morons? Just thinking outloud here.... :)

What's wrong is Beck projecting to the world that faith in "God" is needed for those good things.

What's wrong is Beck projecting to the world that faith in "God" is needed for those good things.

Didn't you know? all things good come from God, via the Republican party and the prophet Beck.
Everything else is from the devil and his offspring, the Democrats.

Yes. Environmentalism is usually seen as an issue of concern to the left, so a public event that addresses this issue in a way that liberals would tend to support would be political. The same way a rally against, say, illegal immigration would probably be populated mostly by people on the right. Making it a public, political event.

Ok, next time I go to see a new Ford pickup truck, I'll just tell people I'm going to a political event.

Nothing....if he was sincere. To me he's as sincere as a Televangelist selling overpriced trinkets to little old ladies to fund his multimillion dollar house.....like our local charlatan Kenneth Copeland. Kenneth Copeland - False Preacher

With Beck it's false patriotism and Goldline. I don't trust him. Does anyone know how much of the money he raises actually makes it to the troops and their families?

You're getting all your messages mixed up. What wasn't Christian? Be specific and don't use something from his show. The rally wasn't about his show.

Let's see here...

300,000 - 500,000 people gathered in Washington and there was no anger, no hate, no racism, no politics, not one single arrest and they cleaned up after themselves.

No wonder the left is livid... they were given absolutely nothing to critisize. That also explains the ramped up personal attacks too.

Nothing....if he was sincere. To me he's as sincere as a Televangelist selling overpriced trinkets to little old ladies to fund his multimillion dollar house.....like our local charlatan Kenneth Copeland. Kenneth Copeland - False Preacher

With Beck it's false patriotism and Goldline. I don't trust him. Does anyone know how much of the money he raises actually makes it to the troops and their families?

Donations weren't made to Beck, they went directly to SOWF.
Pretty smart of him huh?
By the way, in case you hadn't heard the rally raised over 5.5 million dollars over and above the cost of the rally.

Oh that's so horrible. That's about as bad as those who project there is no God.
It's a free country. There is no way it will all turn christian because Beck says so any more than we'll all turn athiest because Christopher Hitchens says there is no god.
Having a Higher Power in your life is a wonderful thing. What's it hurting you? You don't believe? Fine, that's your choice.

How about how this country has an incredible amount of adulterers, drug addicts, liars, cheaters, racists, the lazy, the greedy, and the willfilly ignorant (the aliterate, I call them)?

What's so wrong with trying to be better people? What's so wrong with being more faithful to God? What's so wrong with seeking out truth? What's so wrong with giving to those who are in need?

Not sure the problem people had with this rally. Are they just mad because Beck actually stayed true to his word and kept it non-political so everything they planned to say after the rally can't be said or they'd look like morons? Just thinking outloud here.... :)

You know what would have been wonderful.?.just thinking out loud.
Is if after the rally, the media would have said things like. "I guess we were wrong, This wasn't a Tea Party rally.. Congratulations to Beck for getting such a large group of people together and raising so much money for a worthy charity.

They could have said something like that and dropped the subject. Instead they are just spreading hate for political reasons.

Back
Top Bottom