• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Barak Obama type of candidate for 2020?

No

I voted absentee in Mass. Cast my vote for Senator Warren with a smile on my face.

Now if Beto is interested in running for national office then I will READ his platform.

I am open to all, except the guy who rips off disabled Vets thru a fake University.

Probably better than coming from a family who laundered money for the Cartels while working for the Federal government.

Melissa O’Rourke, who had served on the board of the El Paso branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, agreed to a guilty plea on behalf of the company. The charge was “structuring” transactions to avoid reporting requirements, a felony. Charlotte’s was hit with a $250,000 fine. Melissa O’Rourke called it a “clerical error” at the time, although court documents show that Charlotte’s admitted that “the purpose of this structuring was to avoid” filing financial reporting forms.

Pouncing, the Cruz campaign noted that the law Charlotte’s Furniture violated was originally aimed at “drug-related money laundering operations.” Others wrote it off to El Paso’s status as a shopping hub for wealthy Mexicans from the adjoining state of Chihuahua, who often transact business in cash.

Thanks.

I am a computer illiterate.

I did not know how to edit the thread title.

By the way, I should have answered your question.

I don't know much at all about Beto's policies or ideas. I do agree with the premise that the Democrats need to find an Obama-type to run in 2020. One who is younger, more attractive, and more likeable than Trump. Not sure if it's this guy or not but their mistake in 2016 was trotting out the nasty grandma as their candidate.

Duckworth was born in Thailand. I think she can't run for POTUS, correct?

And McCain was born in Panama.. and Ted Cruz in Canada..did not stop them did it?

[/B]
Definitely. Trump has to do that or else he'll lose in 2020. Dems are rebuilding the blue wall that crumbled under Hillary's candidacy.

Trump is toast in 2020 simply because of the 'budget' deficit, not getting TrumpCare passed, not getting DACA/DAPA repealed or The Great Wall Of Trump built. Of course, all of those are really the fault of our 'do nothing' congress critters but they are largely immune from electoral wrath - folks hate congress in general but somehow generally seem to like their own three congress critters.

Probably better than coming from a family who laundered money for the Cartels while working for the Federal government.

Melissa O’Rourke, who had served on the board of the El Paso branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, agreed to a guilty plea on behalf of the company. The charge was “structuring” transactions to avoid reporting requirements, a felony. Charlotte’s was hit with a $250,000 fine. Melissa O’Rourke called it a “clerical error” at the time, although court documents show that Charlotte’s admitted that “the purpose of this structuring was to avoid” filing financial reporting forms.

Pouncing, the Cruz campaign noted that the law Charlotte’s Furniture violated was originally aimed at “drug-related money laundering operations.” Others wrote it off to El Paso’s status as a shopping hub for wealthy Mexicans from the adjoining state of Chihuahua, who often transact business in cash.

And that is your defense in supporting a man who conned are disabled Vets ? Are you proud of that con, taking our Vets 9/11 GI Bill benefits? Run along now, no Rightie can defend such a deplorable act. Tax payers money for Vets Trump shoved in his pockets. Deplorable and disgusting !!

As for what you posted about O'Rouke's inlaws and finaces, I will do my own research not a hit piece by a,paper which endorsed lying Ted. But I do know for a fact Don the Con RIPPED off our Vets. Please defend it, cant wait.

Duckworth was born in Thailand. I think she can't run for POTUS, correct?

There is a debate about what natural born citizen means. But being born overseas or outside of U.S. borders didn't stop McCain, born in Panama, Goldwater, born in the Arizona Territory or George Romney, born in Mexico from running. Tammy's father was a Veteran during WWII and was working with refugees in Thailand when Tammy was born. Hence she was automatically a U.S. citizen.

Most, but not all constitutional lawyers view that being born of an American Parent even if it is overseas constitute being a natural born citizen. But until the SCOTUS rules on it, there will always be a debate. Being born of an American parent regardless of where one was born makes one a natural born citizen. At least in my opinion.

My son was born in Bangkok back in 1969 of a Thai Mother also. He was an automatic citizen. I had just finished an 2 1/2 years in Bangkok working at JUSMAGTHAI on Satorn Road. I was in Laos as part of Project 404 when he was born. Far as I'm concerned, he could run for president, so too Tammy Duckworth, as McCain, Goldwater and Mitt's father, George Romney did. That is until and if the SCOTUS would state differently.

I have just visited the POLITICO website.

1. It claims that many Dems want that Texas congressman Beto O'Rourke to run for president in 2020.

I think that he would win easily because he is similar to how Senator Obama was.

a. He is young
b. He is slender.
c. He is handsome (notice how many females give him adoring looks).
d. He is very liberal.
e. He is an inspiring speaker.

2. Politico also says that polls show that most people do NOT want President Trump to be impeached (and convicted), but most people DO want someone else in the White House starting in 2021.

I think that it is highly probable that President Trump will join Presidents George Herbert Walker Bush and James Carter as a one-term president. But what a one term it was! He has nothing to be ashamed of. He has and will have accomplished a lot of good things for our country.

this explains why the alt left has gone insane. this is there requirements for a president:

a. He is young
b. He is slender.
d. He is very liberal.

There is a debate about what natural born citizen means. But being born overseas or outside of U.S. borders didn't stop McCain, born in Panama, Goldwater, born in the Arizona Territory or George Romney, born in Mexico from running. Tammy's father was a Veteran during WWII and was working with refugees in Thailand when Tammy was born. Hence she was automatically a U.S. citizen.

Most, but not all constitutional lawyers view that being born of an American Parent even if it is overseas constitute being a natural born citizen. But until the SCOTUS rules on it, there will always be a debate. Being born of an American parent regardless of where one was born makes one a natural born citizen. At least in my opinion.

My son was born in Bangkok back in 1969 of a Thai Mother also. He was an automatic citizen. I had just finished an 2 1/2 years in Bangkok working at JUSMAGTHAI on Satorn Road. I was in Laos as part of Project 404 when he was born. Far as I'm concerned, he could run for president, so too Tammy Duckworth, as McCain, Goldwater and Mitt's father, George Romney did. That is until and if the SCOTUS would state differently.

McCains father was serving in the military, and on orders when his son was born. This did not disqualify him due to the circumstances

By the way, I should have answered your question.

I don't know much at all about Beto's policies or ideas. I do agree with the premise that the Democrats need to find an Obama-type to run in 2020. One who is younger, more attractive, and more likeable than Trump. Not sure if it's this guy or not but their mistake in 2016 was trotting out the nasty grandma as their candidate.

That (bolded above) is not a difficult task so even the DNC should be able to manage it after "What Happened". The republicants are likely stuck with Trump in 2020 (age 74, has a bad comb-over and insults everyone who dares to question his 'facts') so the mission, as you have described it, is certainly doable.

I have just visited the POLITICO website.

1. It claims that many Dems want that Texas congressman Beto O'Rourke to run for president in 2020.

I think that he would win easily because he is similar to how Senator Obama was.

a. He is young
b. He is slender.
d. He is very liberal.

2. Politico also says that polls show that most people do NOT want President Trump to be impeached (and convicted), but most people DO want someone else in the White House starting in 2021.

I think that it is highly probable that President Trump will join Presidents George Herbert Walker Bush and James Carter as a one-term president. But what a one term it was! He has nothing to be ashamed of. He has and will have accomplished a lot of good things for our country.

Sure. The Dems should run him. Then O'Keefe can do another undercover job on his campaign and reveal their blatant disregard for the law.

And that is your defense in supporting a man who conned are disabled Vets ? Are you proud of that con, taking our Vets 9/11 GI Bill benefits? Run along now, no Rightie can defend such a deplorable act. Tax payers money for Vets Trump shoved in his pockets. Deplorable and disgusting !!

As for what you posted about O'Rouke's inlaws and finaces, I will do my own research not a hit piece by a,paper which endorsed lying Ted. But I do know for a fact Don the Con RIPPED off our Vets. Please defend it, cant wait.

What has he done for you lately?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2018/09/21/trump-oks-the-largest-va-budget-ever/

this explains why the alt left has gone insane. this is there requirements for a president:

Keep in mind that Trump is:

a. Oldest POTUS (when elected) in US history.
b. Overweight if not obese.
c. Has a terrible comb-over.
d. Has raised the federal deficit every year in office.
e. Often utters contradictory nonsense in sentence fragments.

but...but...Hillary...but...emails

what does weight or even health have anything to do with the white house? the left tried to elect hillary who kept fainting before the election. she cant even walk up and down stairs without help. and people are whining about trumps gut?

lol

classic

what does weight or even health have anything to do with the white house? the left tried to elect hillary who kept fainting before the election. she cant even walk up and down stairs without help. and people are whining about trumps gut?

lol

classic

Hmm... you seem a bit confused. Was, or was not, the healthier of the two 2016 POTUS candidates elected?

Hmm... you seem a bit confused. Was, or was not, the healthier of the two 2016 POTUS candidates elected?

he was, no doubt. please show me one person who voted for him because he was the healthier of the two.

i voted for him because shes a criminal and who wasnt even responsible enough to handle an email account lol (laugh out loud)

McCains father was serving in the military, and on orders when his son was born. This did not disqualify him due to the circumstances

Agreed, still you will always have the debate until the SCOTUS rules on what exactly is a natural born citizen. Is it one born of American parent or one that has to be born within the borders of the U.S.? There was a huge debate about that with Ted Cruz on this site. Cruz was born in Canada of a Cuban father and an American mother. The debate will go on, mark my word. But as far as I'm concerned, having an American parent makes one a natural born citizen regardless of where one is born. Others will disagree, but that is the normal course of these things.

the key to winning the POTUS general election is getting a bigger share of the independent vote.

Yes, the country does seem to be in the mood for a female, at least for Vice President. Another contributor to this thread mentioned one female politician whom he supports for a spot on the ticket.

Agreed, still you will always have the debate until the SCOTUS rules on what exactly is a natural born citizen. Is it one born of American parent or one that has to be born within the borders of the U.S.? There was a huge debate about that with Ted Cruz on this site. Cruz was born in Canada of a Cuban father and an American mother. The debate will go on, mark my word. But as far as I'm concerned, having an American parent makes one a natural born citizen regardless of where one is born. Others will disagree, but that is the normal course of these things.

I am only familiar with the law in so far as I was overseas on military orders when both my children were born. I am unsure how it works if one is born overseas under different circumstances.

So is this thread about someone’s perceived health? Or someone who every Sunday listened to rabble about an evil white society?

he was, no doubt. please show me one person who voted for him because he was the healthier of the two.

i voted for him because shes a criminal and who wasnt even responsible enough to handle an email account lol (laugh out loud)

Nonsense - you would have never voted for a demorat. Trump is definitely not a conservative and has raised federal spending, the 'budget' deficit and the national debt. The basic problem is that we have a (viable) choice between candidates from the party for a bigger federal government or the party for a huge federal government - which is not going to change in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom