• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A Baby is Born

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A Baby is Born
By Proudly Pro Life JP Freeman

It was 14 years ago My wife and I were married, we both wanted children so we went to work. My wife had to go on Clomed fertility pills . She also was concern because her sister lost a baby and had to adopt. So we look in the Yellow pages for a high risk OB/GYN we found one. My wife started on the pills and she was soon pregnant every 2 weeks we went to the doctor we always asked should my wife stop working. Because both of us felt the baby was more important. At about 19 weeks we went to the doctor and he said my wife’s cervix was short?? We ask is this a problem he said no, again we asked if my wife should continue to work as a legal secretary? He said no problem. A week later I got a frantic call from my wife “my water broke” immediately rush to a Catholic Hospital to meet my wife. The doctor was not there yet when he arrived he explained nothing could be done at this hospital. He suggested a neo Natal care unit about an hour away. (note my wife was already admitted to the Catholic Hospital) so we did as he suggested. That was the last time we saw him. To our surprise when we arrived they immediately started telling us we were going to lose our baby?? Why did we come here then ? They could not answer that question. My wife was admitted, we told them we wanted everything done to save our baby . They started telling us the fetus will probably be still born even if the fetus survives birth and lives it will have brain damage and certainly be blind. We again stated we wanted everything possible to be done. I asked for the name of the Neo Natologist that will be handling our case. They inform me they do not have to do anything to save our baby even if is born alive? They said 21 weeks was the cutoff I said we made a mistake with the date the baby is 21 weeks. My wife went into delivery they told me this doctor was a Neo Natologist but I suspect he was not. When the baby started to come and was delivered wash off and we were then told there was nothing they could do they handed me our Baby . The baby cried one of the residents made a comment that burnt into my memory. I did not think a fetus at 20 weeks could cry like that? Our boy lived an hour no help from anyone. No Oxygen no incubator no warming bed nothing but a blanket. We held him and watch him die . I never felt so helpless. I baptized my boy as I am Catholic. If we stayed at the Catholic Hospital even though they did not have the equipment they would have tried. “Viability can not be measured by time in the womb only by the skill of the Doctors, Nurses, and the hospital.” Times were tough we were just starting out. I had a friend who had a funeral home so I called him. He told me he would take care of everything but he ask if I could pick up the body of my boy, He told me what I had to do and I did everything all the forms. I went to pick up my boys body and they handed me a brown paper bag that said Path Mart I lost it I ripped the bag to a million pieces They knew I was the father security came. A nurse handed me a blanket I then carried my boy to the car My wife remained in the Hospital.. You might be saying how horrible. I drove about 90 miles with my son I talked to him about what could have been. I am so happy I got the chance to spend that time with him. The same laws that permit abortion are the same laws that allowed the hospital to do nothing. We were told numerous times “State law says we are not required to do anything for the fetus.” This story repeated itself 3 more times 1 set of twin girls 2 girls born separately. All these Babies were born alive all of them could have been legally aborted I have pictures of the 1st boy and the last girl They are just small babies. The impact of those births remain with me today. Our Angels are with me in my heart forever. Forever Loved. Today approximately 4,000 healthy Babies were aborted. Why are they aborted answer like this. I am embarrassed, or I do not want to be pregnant or It will interfere with My life, 99% of all abortions performed are of this nature Less than1% are due to rape, Risk to MOM, and to young, or incest, None the less these lives were just as important as our 5 little Angels. Lord Help Us

I post this earlier as a new thread the issue is My wife and I choice was taken away by the same laws that permit abortion.

Back
Top Bottom