• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A 15-year-old boy has been arrested "mass homicide" if Zimmerman is found not guilty

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
A 15-year-old boy has been arrested after authorities say he tweeted out a threat to commit a "mass homicide" if George Zimmerman is found not guilty

os-report-teen-arrested-over-zimmerman-tweet-2-001.jpg

now can any one tell me the difference in the above threat and the one who made that threat and the ones below that haven't been arrested as far as i can tell and I did a search to find out if any where made

article-2133758-12BB76C2000005DC-410_634x352.jpg
Screen-Shot-2013-06-27-at-4_26_16-PM-e1372366772803.jpg
Screen-Shot-2013-06-27-at-4_26_16-PM-e1372366772803.jpg
Zimmerman-twitter-comments3-e1372529723786.jpg

Re: A 15-year-old boy has been arrested "mass homicide" if Zimmerman is found not gui

There have been TONS of these threats on Twitter.

Re: A 15-year-old boy has been arrested "mass homicide" if Zimmerman is found not gui

A 15-year-old boy has been arrested after authorities say he tweeted out a threat to commit a "mass homicide" if George Zimmerman is found not guilty

View attachment 67150292

now can any one tell me the difference in the above threat and the one who made that threat and the ones below that haven't been arrested as far as i can tell and I did a search to find out if any where made

View attachment 67150294
View attachment 67150293
View attachment 67150293
View attachment 67150295

It would appear, from your embeded tweets, that the first implied death threat is OK, so long as it is a single random person or a single named person. ;)

Those kids make me sick.

A 15-year-old boy has been arrested "mass homicide" if Zimmerman is found not g

Interesting question; I would imagine that both types of threats deserve the same level of scrutiny by law enforcement.

Re: A 15-year-old boy has been arrested "mass homicide" if Zimmerman is found not g

Well one talks of mass murder at a particular school- sorta like the 19 year old who many feel was unfairly arrested for a 'joke'- the others are directly against Zimmerman and i'll bet are being looked into, well the ones that are in this country.

Re: A 15-year-old boy has been arrested "mass homicide" if Zimmerman is found not g

If America was not ADD and already inclined to knee jerk reactions enough, somebody had to go invent twitter, and then other people have to go and take ADD knee jerk commentary literally. :aliens3:

Little punks that have never leaned to make a fist much less kill.

I'm pretty sure that the prudent thing to do is just put everybody in jail. That way we won't need to worry about mass homicides and terrorist attacks or tracking your phone calls or eating sugary foods. If we just put everybody in jail then we can make sure they all get the medical care they need and we don't need to worry about this guy paying more or less taxes than that guy. We could finally start to run the government efficiently and not need to worry about all this pain in the butt voting and lobbying and corporate cronyism. If everyone was in jail America would finally become the utopian paradise that it should be.

...can any one tell me the difference in the above threat and the one who made that threat and the ones below...

One is a potential threat to commit mass murder, the others threaten a individual.

Big difference.

Maybe a good question would be, why did whitish looking kid threaten to kill a entire town if he didn't get his way, when the darker colored people appear to threaten the individual involved.

:screwy

I suspect the most significant difference would be someone actually making a formal complaint to the authorities. Whatever people might like to believe given recent news, nobody is pro-actively monitoring everything on the internet for this kind of thing. You could probably make serious, viable threats on-line and get away with it if nobody takes it up with anyone.

Once it's been raised, there is obviously going to be a series of opinion-based judgement calls made as to whether and how far it progresses and given this example involves a reference to a specific place, it's not unreasonable for there to be some investigation (which may well require arrest as a formality). After all, whenever there is some kind of major incident, the media trawls any social media produced by killers in their life and instantly condemn the authorities for not picking up on the vaguest 20-20 hindsight reference.

Well if they follow up on their little threats capturing, trying and excuting them will be less expensive as we know from their tweet where to find them. Less leg work for the police.

Damn, we gonna execute them for tweets?
Well if they follow up on their little threats capturing, trying and excuting them will be less expensive as we know from their tweet where to find them. Less leg work for the police.

The mass threat is more specific - it names a specific town - while the rest are more general. I seem to recall the SC ruling that the specificity of the threat is the deciding factor in whether its protected speech or not.

That said its likely yet another (possibly understandable) overreaction.

Hahahhaaha, well when they decide to come kill. They better come hard and heavy.

View attachment 67150292

View attachment 67150294
View attachment 67150293
View attachment 67150293
View attachment 67150295

Hes not threatening to kill zimmerman. Hes threatening to kill everyone.

http:www.debatepolitics.com/attachments/...ot-2013-06-27-4_26_16-pm-e1372366772803.jpg//

there was threats to kill others gave it to you in the OP read before you act you will be less likely to be made to look like a fool

You need to understand what the word fool means, before you pretend to be an educator.

He threatened genocide on a specific target. That can get you knicked under terrorism charges.

He didnt threaten to kill zimmerman specifically or a random white person.

I agree that people who self publish death threats should be arrested, but the reality is, anyone breaking the law under self publishing should be arrested.

This is something else. He is threatening to genocide a town.

The OP asked for the differences and he was told. Dont be calling me a fool again, unless you want to back it, in a conversation with a moderator.

There have been TONS of these threats on Twitter.

Good for them in showing their true colors.

Since they are not using their real names, I am unimpressed.

Hahahhaaha, well when they decide to come kill. They better come hard and heavy.

Snort!

They will never make it up the driveway here........

You need to understand what the word fool means, before you pretend to be an educator.

He threatened genocide on a specific target. That can get you knicked under terrorism charges.

He didnt threaten to kill zimmerman specifically or a random white person.

I agree that people who self publish death threats should be arrested, but the reality is, anyone breaking the law under self publishing should be arrested.

This is something else. He is threatening to genocide a town.

The OP asked for the differences and he was told. Dont be calling me a fool again, unless you want to back it, in a conversation with a moderator.

didn't call you a fool

made to look like a fool

i know reading comprehension can be hard sometime

Good for them in showing their true colors.

Since they are not using their real names, I am unimpressed.
Yet, dont dare call "them" racist.

Yet, dont dare call "them" racist.

Out here in the country, you are either friend or foe - nothing to do with color, but with intent.

Friends are welcome, foes fall under the gun.

The dog slows them up for the first round.

didn't call you a fool

i know reading comprehension can be hard sometime

sometimes*

go away.

Little punks that have never leaned to make a fist much less kill.

Don't bet on that.

Back
Top Bottom