• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

9th Circuit Court of Appeals Says No Right to Concealed Gun Carry

Uh huh.

Your question was already answered by the very post you quoted, so what exactly do you want added?

I could just as easily ask whether you thought surface to air missiles are "arms"

Nope, they are artillery

Uh huh.

Your question was already answered by the very post you quoted, so what exactly do you want added?

I could just as easily ask whether you thought surface to air missiles are "arms"

Keep dodging. You know you're wrong.

do bears have arms or just legs?

If you did start placing arms on a bear's legs, I'd maybe consider labeling hunting a "sport" finally.

(in every other sport I know, the other team has the same equipment you do)

Keep dodging. You know you're wrong.

It's not a dodge. I already answered.

You can bear arms, but not necessarily concealed. What the **** is so hard for you to understand?

It's not a dodge. I already answered.

You can bear arms, but not necessarily concealed. What the **** is so hard for you to understand?

You answered my question about open carry in California?

If you did start placing arms on a bear's legs, I'd maybe consider labeling hunting a "sport" finally.

(in every other sport I know, the other team has the same equipment you do)

so you strangle source of your shoe leather or you club with your bare hands you steak to death?

They don't have fingers, they can't handle a firearms.

true-no hands-no handling firearms

but they might PAW them!

Ill have to look up the gun laws in CA to give a btter opinin later.
If its an open carry state, Im "OK" with a CWP as long as getting one is as easy as getting the gun itself.
If its not an open carry state and now there are muitiple blocks in place for a citzen to carry I'd fight it tooth and nail.

I have a CWP in PA, but PA is also open carry except in Philly so Im fine with it.
when I got my first hand gun like two decades ago I went to the sporting goods store, they did a back ground check, about 15mins back then and I had my gun.

To get a conceal weapons permit I had to fill out paper work, back ground check, reason and references. I mailed it in. They mailed me back I was approved and I had to go to the court house to get my Picture taken and a permit was made on the spot. About a 2 week process back then.
Im guessing i could probably do it all on line now.

It is not open carry. They removed that right a few years ago when people started doing that because they couldn't get a permit. It was limited open carry. IE the gun could not be loaded with ammunition.

so you strangle source of your shoe leather or you club with your bare hands you steak to death?

Um...no?

What does this have to do with anything?

I don't much care how courts (or others) interpret gun laws.

I go by my interpretation of the 2'nd Amendment, which is - the Amendmemt refers strictly to the military (Militia), NOT home protection from either the state or burglars.
I think the new 'clarification law' should be that if you want a gun (assuming you do not already legally own one before the law goes into effect - in which case, you can keep it), then you have to sign up for the military (full time, reserves or the Coast Guard).
And if you can legally own a gun then you should legally be allowed to carry it - concealed.

I have said time and again that the only way to realistically stop mass shooting's is to allow legal gun owners to carry concealed without additional permits. You will virtually eliminate mass shootings if the shooters have no idea how many of their potential victims are 'packing' and how many are not.
These sickos want big body counts. You ain't gonna get them if after the first person you shoot, your next potential victim pulls out a concealed gun and blows your head off.
But now, many of their victims could own guns but are not allowed to carry them concealed and with a right-to-carry, would have stopped the horror before it went too far. Or discourage it from happening at all.

It's too late (unfortunately) to put the gun genie back in the bottle. Best to use that genie for the good of society.

Um...no?

What does this have to do with anything?

you seem to complain that hunting is unfair

so what about shoe making or butcher shops?

I go by my interpretation of the 2'nd Amendment, which is - the Amendmemt refers strictly to the military (Militia), NOT home protection from either the state or burglars.
I think the new 'clarification law' should be that if you want a gun (assuming you do not already legally own one before the law goes into effect - in which case, you can keep it), then you have to sign up for the military (full time, reserves or the Coast Guard).
And if you can legally own a gun then you should legally be allowed to carry it - concealed.

I have said time and again that the only way to realistically stop mass shooting's is to allow legal gun owners to carry concealed without additional permits. You will virtually eliminate mass shootings if the shooters have no idea how many of their potential victims are 'packing' and how many are not.
These sickos want big body counts. You ain't gonna get them if after the first person you shoot, your next potential victim pulls out a concealed gun and blows your head off.
But now, many of their victims could own guns but are not allowed to carry them concealed and with a right-to-carry, would have stopped the horror before it went too far. Or discourage it from happening at all.

It's too late (unfortunately) to put the gun genie back in the bottle. Best to use that genie for the good of society.

why would the bill of rights talk about the power of the government to arm its own military force?

The courts can't make law. The law States that the people are guarantees the right to keep and bear arms.

The Ninth Circus has made its decision.

Now let them come enforce it.

Yosemite_Sam_by_chaosengine77.jpg

you seem to complain that hunting is unfair

so what about shoe making or butcher shops?

At no point did I complain that hunting is unfair.

If I'm going to kill an animal, I'm going to do it with every advantage evolution managed to provide me. Which includes very big guns.

Or, if God forbid I find myself needing to kill one of these bastards, I'd like an Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

But I'm not self-deluded enough to call it sport. As I said, in sports the other team has the same equipment. Sport is about a contest of equals. Hunting is predator and prey. Give arms to bears, and I'll call hunting a sport. (also deer and such)

Hunting with your bare hands is inhumane.

It's also pretty stupid because practically any animal out there weighing over forty pounds or so can kick your ass.

The Ninth Circus has made its decision.

Now let them come enforce it.

View attachment 67202642

Well considering that open carry is also banned, I am pretty sure this will get tossed by the supreme court. Or maybe not. California already has a task force collecting peoples arms. It been doing its job quietly for awhile now. So for no resistance.

Well considering that open carry is also banned, I am pretty sure this will get tossed by the supreme court. Or maybe not. California already has a task force collecting peoples arms. It been doing its job quietly for awhile now. So for no resistance.

So quietly nobody has even realized their arms are gone!

It's also pretty stupid because practically any animal out there weighing over forty pounds or so can kick your ass.

Even if the prey doesn't and you only wound it, it'll die a slow death and you probably won't be to harvest the kill, therefore wasting its life.

At no point did I complain that hunting is unfair.

If I'm going to kill an animal, I'm going to do it with every advantage evolution managed to provide me. Which includes very big guns.

Or, if God forbid I find myself needing to kill one of these bastards, I'd like an Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

But I'm not self-deluded enough to call it sport. As I said, in sports the other team has the same equipment. Sport is about a contest of equals. Hunting is predator and prey. Give arms to bears, and I'll call hunting a sport. (also deer and such)

ah ok-well there are people who claim there is hunting for sport and hunting for food

Back
Top Bottom