• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

95-year-old alleged SS camp guard faces charges in Germany

tell us what that young soldier's options were
Desert the country, millions of others including many soldiers found a way to do it.

He did what he did because he wanted to be there, like millions of other Nazi scumbags.

Stop making excuses, it makes you look horrible.

Desert the country, millions of others including many soldiers found a way to do it.

He did what he did because he wanted to be there, like millions of other Nazi scumbags.

Stop making excuses, it makes you look horrible.

no. he was a young soldier serving his country; following orders as he had been taught to do
you nor i have no idea whether he was decent in his actions toward the incarcerated. all we know is that he did his duty to his country as he was called to serve

Hang the old f*ck and bury him next to Rudolf Höss. For those who think that punishing a man in his nineties is a terrible affront to justice, I must ask: What was your thought as to what was should have been done with the presently-elderly Catholic priests who raped children decades ago, in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s? Just defrock them but otherwise let them live out their days peacefully in their dotage? I do not think the reach of justice ends simply because someone managed to remain uncaught for long enough and unprosecuted long enough for their crimes and starts collecting their state pension check. If anything, that is even an even greater reason to excise these living cancers from our society.
I say leave him out in a field somewhere, where he can starve and freeze to death, just like all the Jewish children he helped march into the death camps. Then when he dies, don't pay him any respect via a burial, and just let his body get chewed up by the maggots. Then, and only then, will he serve a purpose that wasn't evil in becoming compost. :)

What goes around, comes around.

no. he was a young soldier serving his country; following orders as he had been taught to do
you nor i have no idea whether he was decent in his actions toward the incarcerated. all we know is that he did his duty to his country as he was called to serve
This kind of excuse making opens the door for something like this to happen all over again.

He was an accessory to mass murder, end of story. I don't care if the government told him to do it.

von braun acknowledged that he had created a new method of warfare with his V2
he knew the rocket plants were served by slaves
he was a lieutenant in the SS
yet he receives national medals from the US for his contributions
while a 95 year old who was 20 when assigned to guard a concentration camp is extradited for following orders
i miss seeing the equity

I am sure there are a LOT of neo-nazis in America really upset about this. I am sure Milos Yiannopolous and Dinesh D'Souza will be jumping up and down right now.

tell us what that young soldier's options were

He could have requested reassignment. One of the most oft-repeated misrepresentations of the Holocaust and the inner workings of the Third Reich is that the men committing the bloody work were forced to do it, lest they be sent to the firing squad or gas chambers themselves. Little could be further from the truth. Death camp duty was purely voluntary and refusing to work at a Death Camp as a member of SS-Totenkopfverbände, while certainly looked down upon, did not meet with lethal consequences, as it was a rather taxing and stressful job because of the monstrous task laid out before its members. Many soldiers could not handle it, either finding the work of industrial mass murder extremely unpleasant or morally reprehensible. The SS-Totenkopfverbände wanted absolutely dedicated men and women voluntarily working for them, and soldiers who refused were typically reassigned without much incident in at least 135 documented cases. However, compared to fighting the Soviet Union on the Eastern Front, murdering unarmed Jews, Gypsies and Slavs in a Death Camp was a downright cushy experience.

In short, he could have refused and simply been reassigned as many other Germans had and he most likely would have been reassigned to other work outside of the death camps.

Last edited:
He could have requested reassignment. One of the most oft-repeated misrepresentations of the Holocaust and the inner workings of the Third Reich is that the men committing the bloody work were forced to do it, lest they be sent to the firing squad or gas chambers themselves. Little could be further from the truth. Death camp duty was purely voluntary and refusing to work at a Death Camp as a member of SS-Totenkopfverbände, while certainly looked down upon, did not meet with lethal consequences, as it was a rather taxing and stressful job because of the monstrous task laid out before its members. Many soldiers could not handle it, either finding the work of industrial mass murder extremely unpleasant or morally reprehensible. The SS-Totenkopfverbände wanted absolutely dedicated men and women voluntarily working for them, and soldiers who refused were typically reassigned without much incident in at least 135 documented cases. However, compared to fighting the Soviet Union on the Eastern Front, murdering unarmed Jews, Gypsies and Slavs in a Death Camp was a downright cushy experience.

In short, he could have refused and simply been reassigned as many other Germans had and he most likely would have been reassigned to other work outside of the death camps.

So you completely bypassed the section which reads, "...up to 50,000 (German soldiers) were killed for often minor acts of insubordination", and instead used the 135 which weren't executed.

I agree with what Jordan Peterson has said about Nazi era Germany: Well meaning people love to believe that they would have been one of the brave, they would have disobeyed & caused holy hell for the Nazis. But statistics don't bear that idea out. Most people go along, and especially in light of 50,000 dead Germans who didn't go along, you can bet it would have been nearly a suicide mission to not go along. Self preservation instincts being what they are, most people living today would also just go along, even if they disagreed with the Nazi agenda.

So you completely bypassed the section which reads, "...up to 50,000 (German soldiers) were killed for often minor acts of insubordination", and instead used the 135 which weren't executed.

I agree with what Jordan Peterson has said about Nazi era Germany: Well meaning people love to believe that they would have been one of the brave, they would have disobeyed & caused holy hell for the Nazis. But statistics don't bear that idea out. Most people go along, and especially in light of 50,000 dead Germans who didn't go along, you can bet it would have been nearly a suicide mission to not go along. Self preservation instincts being what they are, most people living today would also just go along, even if they disagreed with the Nazi agenda.
Soldiers were killed for perceived treason, accusations of espionage, failed coups, desertion, and opposition to Nazi leaderships., not because they refused to be apart of the final solution.

The majority of the German population was not aware of the genocide and human torture (though they were racists), and many where in fact horrified when it was exposed, so much so they led efforts to bring the oppressors to justice.

The POS in question was given his position because Nazi leadership believed in his commitment to help exterminate Jewish people - they didn't just pick him at random. So, he's a scum **** that deserved to be nothing but maggot meat.

Soldiers were killed for perceived treason, accusations of espionage, failed coups, desertion, and opposition to Nazi leaderships., not because they refused to be apart of the final solution.

So you expect me to believe that the upper command were so diabolical as to orchestrate the deaths of 6 million in a 3 year period, yet also lackadaisical enough about it as to have almost a voluntary system for who wanted to participate. Your narrative isn't believable.

The majority of the German population was not aware of the genocide and human torture (though they were racists), and many where in fact horrified when it was exposed, so much so they led efforts to bring the oppressors to justice.

The POS in question was given his position because Nazi leadership believed in his commitment to help exterminate Jewish people - they didn't just pick him at random. So, he's a scum **** that deserved to be nothing but maggot meat.

I just don't like the idea of murdering the elderly based on bloodlust without evidence. Then again, I kind of cringed at the Whitey Bulger killing too - something about young able bodied men bludgeoning a wheelchair bound man that I just can't get excited about, no matter who that man may have been in his younger days. Something tells me the sort that can do such an act are probably not morally superior to their victim, and quite possibly less so.

Finally Germany is prosecuting the Nazi animals who have killed indiscriminately during WW2. Sadly Germany is way too late with their prosecution of those swines. Many Nazi scum have died of old age in freedom even though many had been convicted in the countries where they committed their crimes and the effing Germans refused to extradite them or prosecute them themselves.

So it is nice to see the Nazi murderer getting hauled in front of a judge but too little and way too late.

I think you're just making that up. It was under my impression that the Germans were't lax on this. In fact just having Nazi paraphenailia as a collectors item will get you jail time in Germany.

Pardon my ignorance, but I've been under the impression that SS officers and concentration camp guards have been regularly brought to justice when their identities have been revealed. Throughout my entire life this has been happening.

Absolutely. And if they didn't take it seriously why would they bother with a 95 year old?

to see if you could actually come up with a list of things to do instead, or to see that you have nothing to offer except empty platitudes

your choice

Only if they weren’t rocket scientists.......

See Operation: Paper Clip

Oh dear God another ignorant one that shoots from the hip.

I wasn't aware that rocket scientists were the same thing as concentration camp guards. BTW did you know that even rank and file soldiers were considered part of the "Nazi party?" I'm sure it's the same with VonBrown et el.

**** him.

He helped murder innocent Jewish men, women, and children, so he can rot slowly into compost.

I find you to be very sick to defend a Nazi war criminal.

They were the untermensch

in 1944, when he received his assignment, the end game was certain and this soldier was just another cog in the wheel
no justice will be served by this trial of a 95 year old former soldier who did his duty to his country

I'm probably the last person here who would ever defend Trump. So, I won't. But, I can say that lying on your citizenship application, especially about one's role as a Nazi guard at a concentration camp, is definitely a citizenship-revoking offense.

Now, do I think they should be prosecuting a 95 year old dude, who was nothing but a "guard" in a camp when he was 20? Probably not. Lord knows, this guy had very little choice in the matter. But, it is what it is.

I respectfully disagree on two counts:

1. Age shouldn't matter if you did something egregious.

2. You're assuming he was just some kind of sentry. Most likely he did much more as in march prisoners to the gas chamber, keep prisoners in line with physical violence etc.

2. You're assuming he was just some kind of sentry. Most likely he did much more as in march prisoners to the gas chamber, keep prisoners in line with physical violence etc.

ok, then show us a cite which displays the egregiousness of this former soldier's actions

What he did was no different than what a secretary at an abortion clinic does.

**** him.

He helped murder innocent Jewish men, women, and children, so he can rot slowly into compost.

I find you to be very sick to defend a Nazi war criminal.

Ya there it is. ONLY Jewish huh? Or are those the only lives/deaths that matter to you?
What about the locals who would not cow to the Germans and died in those camps? Or the Gypsies they rounded up and killed? Or the numerous other people who didn't happen to be Jews, but died along side them? There's always at least one Hebrew shill in the crowd...:roll:

The man is 95 years old. He was a guard in a military camp, thus doing his duty as a soldier. He didn't gas anyone. He GAURDED.
But Jews died and he didn't sacrifice his life to protect them so...he MUST be punished...at the age of 95...right?

PFFT...such a pathetically "small" idea...

This poor ex-guard is being sacrificed to keep the Holocaust™ money making ponzi scheme alive for the Jews. That's what this is about.

Gas Chambers? You mean facilities for delousing and combating typhus.

High Frequency Delousing Facilities at Auschwitz

The guy actively aided and abetted in the murder of millions of innocent people.

Why should anyone care that he's old?

Cool.

Scenario:
A man is convicted of murder in Texas and is eventually put to death in a jail in Texas. 2 years later its found that the guy was innocent.
Question:
Should every guard at that jail be convicted for aiding and abetting in murder?

I think you're just making that up. It was under my impression that the Germans were't lax on this. In fact just having Nazi paraphenailia as a collectors item will get you jail time in Germany.

Then I would advise you to read the story in Der Spiegel I posted, because clearly you have little knowledge about this.

Back
Top Bottom