• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

9-year-old is executed: Where's the outrage? [W:147]

I always love how I'm asked "where's the outrage" when Im only just finding out about it.

I always love how I'm asked "where's the outrage" when Im only just finding out about it.

You found out about Brown pretty quick though. However, where's the outrage in Chicago, where they've known about it?

How is a story from September Breaking News? Did you notice the men where caught because the outraged community found out details they passed along to police, and the outraged community raised significant reward money? I doubt you will find any lack of outrage over the murder of a 9 year old.

You found out about Brown pretty quick though. However, where's the outrage in Chicago, where they've known about it?

Ah, so you are using the death of a 9 year old to push some retarded political point. Just ****ing classy!

Maybe Chicago does not care. Just another daily event.

If they do not care enough to change things, All the outside carrying will be in vain. ( as has been shown by Chicago's lack of action )...

Chicago is Chicago.... what's there to cars about ?

Thom Paine

How is a story from September Breaking News? Did you notice the men where caught because the outraged community found out details they passed along to police, and the outraged community raised significant reward money? I doubt you will find any lack of outrage over the murder of a 9 year old.

I'll be damned... thanks for that info...

Thom Paine

Ah, so you are using the death of a 9 year old to push some retarded political point. Just ****ing classy!

What would be the retarded political point I'm pushing?

Sorry, but I am a little puzzled by both the question, and the purpose of this thread. I, and any other person possessed of a degree of empathy, am appalled at the fact that a nine year old child has been shot dead - who would not be? But the suspects have been apprehended, charged, and are held in custody. To what end would anybody mount a public protest?

There are no parallels to be drawn with the various instances of police officers shooting dead unarmed teenagers, or householders doing similar things where such children are concerned, and where it is dubious the perpetrators will be charged with any crime.

Did I?

I had no idea you had intimate details about my news learning habits.

I see, I guess you're the only one that didn't.

I thought you were fairly informed.

So, the fact that the alleged perps of this crime are all in custody without bond days after the incident, and the alleged perp in the murder of Brown isn't, is of no consequence? I think everyone is outraged by senseless loss of life, but some are also outraged when some such murders are taken seriously by the justice system, and others are not.

Sorry, but I am a little puzzled by both the question, and the purpose of this thread. I, and any other person possessed of a degree of empathy, am appalled at the fact that a nine year old child has been shot dead - who would not be? But the suspects have been apprehended, charged, and are held in custody. To what end would anybody mount a public protest?

It wasn't my question, it was the title of the article.

There are no parallels to be drawn with the various instances of police officers shooting dead unarmed teenagers, or householders doing similar things where such children are concerned, and where it is dubious the perpetrators will be charged with any crime.

The point is (at least my point, which will be lost, ignored, and painted as something else) is the lack of national interest in a black on black crime, even if it is the assassination of a child. Al and Jesse aren't interested in the problems of black America, they're only interested in race baiting to stay relevant.

So, the fact that the alleged perps of this crime are all in custody without bond days after the incident, and the alleged perp in the murder of Brown isn't, is of no consequence? I think everyone is outraged by senseless loss of life, but some are also outraged when some such murders are taken seriously by the justice system, and others are not.

Did you even read the whole article?

One is street crime and the other is a cop shooting a citizen with his hands allegedly up in surrender... That is the difference.

One is street crime and the other is a cop shooting a citizen with his hands allegedly up in surrender... That is the difference.

Which has been all but proven to be false. The fact that it was a 9 year old boy assassinated doesn't warrant national attention?

I lived in Chicago. I was chased by a man with a knife when I was about 12 or 13, there was no national outrage. A kid brought a gun to my middle school, and there wasn't any national outrage. My high school would get regular bomb threats, an 18 year old mother was shot to death while sitting in her car at a stop sign, etc. etc.

An arrest story from September about a crime committed in August is hardly "breaking news". It appears that public outrage (and a reward?) directly led to the arrest of the gang thugs that were alleged to have been responsible. What outrage should one have over that outcome?

Which has been all but proven to be false. The fact that it was a 9 year old boy assassinated doesn't warrant national attention?

Do you know what "allegedly" means?

Here, another sad victim from street violence. Sadly it will not be the last.

You are right, that sadly it won't be the last. The saddest part of it is that this is an intrinsic problem that MUST be addressed by the community, and in a sober and serious manner, or it will never be fixed. It has become multi-generational, and there is no end in sight, until the actual residents get extremely pro-active about it.

Did you even read the whole article?
I read the whole CBS article. The Tribune article didn't load; said I needed subscription for premium content. What did I miss?

Back
Top Bottom