• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

9 days to go: Biden's lead over Trump is holding, while Clinton's was collapsing at this point

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

(CNN)The clock is running out on President Donald Trump's chances for a comeback. He continues to trail former Vice President Joe Biden nationally and in the key swing states with just nine days to go.
140623173208-biden-clinton-story-body.jpg

But perhaps most worrisome for the President: Trump's clearly behind his 2016 pace. By this point four years ago, he was rapidly closing the gap with Hillary Clinton. No such advancements can be seen in the 2020 polling against Biden.

Right now, Biden is up by about 9 to 10 points nationally, depending on the average you examine. He is, importantly, over 50%. Biden's edge may be down a point or so from early October, though it is well within the historical average from the beginning of the year.
======================================================
Looks good.

(CNN)The clock is running out on President Donald Trump's chances for a comeback. He continues to trail former Vice President Joe Biden nationally and in the key swing states with just nine days to go.

But perhaps most worrisome for the President: Trump's clearly behind his 2016 pace. By this point four years ago, he was rapidly closing the gap with Hillary Clinton. No such advancements can be seen in the 2020 polling against Biden.

Right now, Biden is up by about 9 to 10 points nationally, depending on the average you examine. He is, importantly, over 50%. Biden's edge may be down a point or so from early October, though it is well within the historical average from the beginning of the year.
Looks good.

Fingers crossed. But we're not there yet. I may be wrong about this, but I predict trump is going to announce a vaccine later this week. However, Joe and Kamala's responses to whether they would take the vaccine were perfect, and they helped provide a defense to the inevitable "See? trump gave us a cure!!" snake oil that the Right would peddle.

Fingers crossed. But we're not there yet. I may be wrong about this, but I predict trump is going to announce a vaccine later this week. However, Joe and Kamala's responses to whether they would take the vaccine were perfect, and they helped provide a defense to the inevitable "See? trump gave us a cure!!" snake oil that the Right would peddle.
If Trump announces, they need to reply with:

"We told you so!"

The history I remember says nothing about Hillary collapsing. She did win the popular.
We all went into that first Tuesday of November with full expectation that Hillary was going to be the next Prez.

538, NYT, WSJ, Huffinton post all gave her 97%+ to win. We won't know until states finalize their electorates.

Biden could win the popular by over 10 million votes, but that might not be relevant.

Looks good.
It’s tightening in a few places as “undecideds” fall in line behind the GOP faster than a female senator in Alaska. But, the lead Biden has where it matters is solid.

PA may shift a bit next week. The oil story seems to catch more attention than Trump killing everyone with COVID. However, Pence’s five aids coming down with it might put a kabash on the fossil fuel poutrage, especially in Florida.

Keep your dream alive, Trump haters.

But be prepared to scream into the night sky.

Looks good.

Pure unadulterated revisionism!

The polls swung wildly just before the election.

It was an astrological reset from my meddling and interference, as I look back, I see that it was all astrology I was using.

She must have had the New Moon, but it was not enough to propel her -2 above his 5, Biden and Sanders have 7 and the Republican's New Moon was on the 16th 19:32:10 Greenwich.

They're close and anything can happen, but the position is much brighter.

There are two signs indicating upset of the ruling Party in 2020.

Trump like Carter a Republican sample of one term they hurt us so to make Obama.

Harris has a Saturn Return in their third year like GWB.

This is going to be delicious. Dems could potentially flip Texas. Then what?
Then that's the election.

The question is will they get both Houses of Congress?

Then what?

Otherwise, it's business as usual and they won't be able to repeal the tax cut, so,... then what?

So we must be going for the House and Senate.

Right now, Biden is up by about 9 to 10 points nationally, depending on the average you examine

Presidents are not elected nationally, they are elected locally by getting to 270 electoral votes in enough states. The current election will come down to how it plays out in one of these 3 swing states: Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Trump just needs ONE of those 3 to get his pathway to 270. I don't believe he is going to lose Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Texas, or Arizona--- plus all of the other Red States he won in 2016 are going to stay with him. Michigan is probably the harder one right now for Trump to hold, but I wouldn't rule out Pennsylvania not sticking with Trump. The fear of "green new deal" to people in the energy industry is a very motivating factor to stay with Donald Trump over HARRIS-biden.

I don't know about others, but 538 definitely did not. They gave her 71% chance. 29% is a big chance and comes through 29% of the time in fact.
You are absolutely right! I do remember a 538 podcast leading up where they discussed her slightly decreasing chance a couple of days prior.

You are absolutely right! I do remember a 538 podcast leading up where they discussed her slightly decreasing chance a couple of days prior.
The Comey letter and Russian disinformation on social media tanked HRC and she still won the popular vote. Biden is firmly ahead of where HRC was at this time and he's been real steady in the polls.

Trump just doesn't have anything to attack Biden with that is sticking. With 8 days to go, a new Covid outbreak in the WH, I can't see Biden losing. But one never knows.

This is going to be delicious. Dems could potentially flip Texas. Then what?
Then the GOP will have to start coming up with policy proposals and a vision for the country that people actually like.

Reactions: lwf
There were no polls showing Trump winning Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania yet he won all three. I remember talk of Hilarys 'Blue Wall' and how Trump had 'no path to 270.' Plus there was talk of Hilary winning Texas. The polls and the rhetoric are the same today as they were in 2016. It remains to be seen how it will play out.

The history I remember says nothing about Hillary collapsing. She did win the popular.
We all went into that first Tuesday of November with full expectation that Hillary was going to be the next Prez.

538, NYT, WSJ, Huffinton post all gave her 97%+ to win. We won't know until states finalize their electorates.

Biden could win the popular by over 10 million votes, but that might not be relevant.
If biden wins by ten million votes, trump loses. The differences this election compared to 2016 are numerous. Trump doesn't have a hillary to run against and he hasn't managed to demonize sleepy joe like he did hillary. After four years we all know who and what trump is and you either support a pathological liar for president or you don't. People are tired of trump's antics and constant division of the country. His name calling is childish, his anger towards democrats makes him look like he is only president for the republicans and let's not forget the coronavirus response and the economy is shot.

There were no polls showing Trump winning Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania yet he won all three. I remember talk of Hilarys 'Blue Wall' and how Trump had 'no path to 270.' Plus there was talk of Hilary winning Texas. The polls and the rhetoric are the same today as they were in 2016. It remains to be seen how it will play out.
The people of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania will not be duped again by Russian disinformation. Trump barely won these three states by 77,000 votes combined. These states were supposedly where Trumps data firm targeted with Russian propaganda. It was Manafort who shared poling data with a Russian agent.

None of these shenanigans are playing out this time.

The people of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania will not be duped again by Russian disinformation. Trump barely won these three states by 77,000 votes combined. These states were supposedly where Trumps data firm targeted with Russian propaganda. It was Manafort who shared poling data with a Russian agent.

None of these shenanigans are playing out this time.
LOL Russian propaganda.

There are two factors that will decide the election. Popular vote isn't one of them.

1. Where are the votes
2. Will mail in ballot frauds be at a level enough to change the outcome

Remember, in some states such as Pennsylvania have extended the election past the Constitutional election day to allow people to turn in unsigned ballots.

The actual last day to vote is not November 3. It is a late as November 18th, depending on the date.

November 3rd results now simply advise both political party's election divisions across the country and particularly in swing states how many ballots they need to cast by the unconstitutional post-election election to win. Making a fake postmark stamp wouldn't cost $100.

And 538 only had her in the 70s. High 60s going into the final days.

A 70% chance is nowhere near certain.

The FBI opening an investigation into Hillary emails with a couple of weeks before in my opinion changed the outcome. The Hunter computer did not have the same impact

Back
Top Bottom