• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

9/11/01: The Today Show

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I turn on MSNBC this morning that's what they are showing, I think 12 years to the minute. I don't want to watch that, who in the hell does? It will be interesting to see what the ratings are.

I turn on MSNBC this morning that's what they are showing, I think 12 years to the minute. I don't want to watch that, who in the hell does? It will be interesting to see what the ratings are.

The original broadcast of the 2001 Sept. 11th Today Show? Actually, that's the sort of thing I would watch.

They should show it every day, just to keep us remembering what evil is out there and willing to come for us.

The original broadcast of the 2001 Sept. 11th Today Show? Actually, that's the sort of thing I would watch.
Yup, it's on just as it happened 12 years ago to the minute.

I would too.

Edit: found the first 15 minutes of the today show on YouTube and watching now. I see they have gma also, which I prefer, and I'm gonna watch that next.

Edit again:first 15 minutes does not show anything important. The gma one seems more time specific to the events.

Last edited:
Frankly, I'm sick of hearing about it. :beatdeadhorse

We flat out DO NOT watch television "news", so thankfully I won't have to hear about all over again.

Frankly, I'm sick of hearing about it. :beatdeadhorse

We flat out DO NOT watch television "news", so thankfully I won't have to hear about all over again.
Nice, almost 3K Americans die on a day in our recent history. And you are "sick of it".
No wonder the US is circling the drain.

Nice, almost 3K Americans die on a day in our recent history. And you are "sick of it".

How many Americans die each year from violence? Do they not matter to you?

America has a morbid obession with 9/11.

Not an obsession, a will to never forget.

I keep the TV off on 9/11. The sensational images are a little more than I want to deal with.

I do understand your perspective...but I would like to add:

3000 died from the various hijacked planes. But Americans have had an ongoing reminder. Thousands more of Americans have died in Iraq and Afghanistan spurred by the events of 9-11. And tens of thousands of American troops have been injured. And those tragedies didn't happen over a matter of hours ...but for the last 10 YEARS!

We've seen our economy....along with actually the world economies effected by 9-11, which have yet recovered.

The damage from 9-11 has been immeasurable in human pain and suffering. Governments have been forced to spend huge sums of their treasure, which comes from all of the citizens...and will never recover from the financial costs.

So 9-11 was a very sad day, which catapulted us into years of incredible loss of life, limbs, and treasure.

And...I have no doubt that school textbooks contain the history of 9-11 as well.

The world changed in so many significant ways on 9-11...and will never be the same. These changes never leave my mind.

Everybody will remember these events in their own way. And some don't have to see pictures or TV of an event that one can hardly erase from one's mind who saw what happened from all of the TV coverage.

That said...for generations following 9-11...to have annual TV events...or memorials...I personally don't have any objections.

I have the right to choose not to rewatch the 9-11 events, but still can pay homage to those who died and were injured during the event and over the following ten years.

Thanks...

America has a morbid obession with 9/11.

It's part of the master plan to stoke that "us or them" war mentality. It is part of the carefully orchestrated corpgov propaganda campaign to herd the sheeple in the desired direction. Groupthink. Goebbels would be in awe.

It's part of the master plan to stoke that "us or them" war mentality. It is part of the carefully orchestrated corpgov propaganda campaign to herd the sheeple in the desired direction. Groupthink. Goebbels would be in awe.

It is us or them. If you feel different, stay out of the way.

How many Americans die each year from violence? Do they not matter to you?

Most no. Most are engaged in stupid **** that gets them in the trouble they end up in or hurt.
But it does matter that a group for a foreign nation comes here and flys planes into buildings.
I guess I should have the mindset of "so what, its New Yorks problem". That was the prevailing attitude down here that day.

Guess we should just "get over it". Keep a stiff upper lip and all that.

Yeh you should def get over it its been 12 years the guy behind it is dead and the towers re-built. Nothing wrong with a minute of reflection every year on the date but its very odd to me how they loop those news bullitins on the day so everyone can re-live it once a year, I very much doubt the families affected sit there every year glued to the TV because I imagine they have moved on ( or are trying to) and America shoudl probably do the same.

Back
Top Bottom