• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

9/11/01: The Today Show

Yeh you should def get over it its been 12 years the guy behind it is dead and the towers re-built. Nothing wrong with a minute of reflection every year on the date but its very odd to me how they loop those news bullitins on the day so everyone can re-live it once a year, I very much doubt the families affected sit there every year glued to the TV because I imagine they have moved on ( or are trying to) and America shoudl probably do the same.
Being that you are not American, keep it to yourself.

do they also run news bulletins from pearl december 7th 1941?

They don't on Sept 11th, but it's usually mentioned somewhere on Dec 7th every year yes.

I fail to see the big deal here.

Being that you are not American, keep it to yourself.

This is a debate site and I am offering my point of view, I am not trying to enforce my view on you. My opinion is based on the 3 years i lived in America and the fact I am married to an American. If you want to only speak to Americans I would suggest your town hall as unfourtuntly the whole WWW. thing tends to make it more global.

They don't on Sept 11th, but it's usually mentioned somewhere on Dec 7th every year yes.

I fail to see the big deal here.

I didnt realise they run as it happened news bulletins on December 7th.

I didnt realise they run as it happened news bulletins on December 7th.

Sure they run the Missouri smoking and listing to one side from the old news reels - then the usually have some WWII vet talking about where he was and what happened at the Pearl Harbor Museum.

Sure they run the Missouri smoking and listing to one side from the old news reels - then the usually have some WWII vet talking about where he was and what happened at the Pearl Harbor Museum.

Obviously we are dealing with very anti American types that will eventually get around to the "America deserved it" line.
Already some fool is bringing up Reagan in this.
I just find it funny when the brits bring things like this up, refusing to remember that had not been for the US they would be part of Germany.

It's part of the master plan to stoke that "us or them" war mentality. It is part of the carefully orchestrated corpgov propaganda campaign to herd the sheeple in the desired direction. Groupthink. Goebbels would be in awe.

I have to agree with you Risky. 9-11 was an excuse for CorpGov to engage Americans directly and indirectly in actions that have unnecessarily cost America (and other nations) extraordinary amounts of human suffering and loss of treasure.

As I stated in my previous post...I do have the right not to rewatch the events of 9-11, but in my own way I can still pay homage to those who have died in the hijacks and then 10 years of unnecessary war, which have taken thousands more lives of American...and tens of thousands injured....of which those might well have been spared if we didn't have such a corrupt and reckless government.

For the trillions spent after 9-11...our government could have used those trillions to be construct a security system in America and points around the world vital to our interest that would have prevented the second coming of Christ anywhere over American soil.

Thanks...

Obviously we are dealing with very anti American types that will eventually get around to the "America deserved it" line.
Already some fool is bringing up Reagan in this.
I just find it funny when the brits bring things like this up, refusing to remember that had not been for the US they would be part of Germany.

That didn't take long. Less than 40 posts into the thread. I'll bet they ****ing love you when you travel outside the U.S.

See we do that in the UK to thats just marking the day. I just think its a little morbid to show the actual minute to minute footage of the day so your reliving it every year. Thats just me anyway.

That didn't take long. Less than 40 posts into the thread. I'll bet they ****ing love you when you travel outside the U.S.

Didnt take long for the anti American sentiment to come out either.
Love or hate, I dont lose sleep over what the lesser peoples of the world think.

Didnt take long for the anti American sentiment to come out either.
Love or hate, I dont lose sleep over what the lesser peoples of the world think.

what anti-american posts are you talking about?

See we do that in the UK to thats just marking the day. I just think its a little morbid to show the actual minute to minute footage of the day so your reliving it every year. Thats just me anyway.

I can get that. One thing to replay some reactions or clips of the news that day but the actual minute to minute footage instead of the current news or some kind of current memorial tribute does seem a little excessive.

Well, as we get further from it I'm sure that will change. 1941 is a long time ago and yes, it's faded somewhat. 9/11 was only 13 years ago so it's going to take a fair amount of time before that full footage is no longer used. Then again, it has been rare that an entire incident such as this was fully captured too.

I have to agree with you Risky. 9-11 was an excuse for CorpGov to engage Americans directly and indirectly in actions that have unnecessarily cost America (and other nations) extraordinary amounts of human suffering and loss of treasure.

As I stated in my previous post...I do have the right not to rewatch the events of 9-11, but in my own way I can still pay homage to those who have died in the hijacks and then 10 years of unnecessary war, which have taken thousands more lives of American...and tens of thousands injured....of which those might well have been spared if we didn't have such a corrupt and reckless government.

For the trillions spent after 9-11...our government could have used those trillions to be construct a security system in America and points around the world vital to our interest that would have prevented the second coming of Christ anywhere over American soil.

Thanks...

The total budget for the war in Afghanistan was/is something on the other side of 500 billion dollars. For less money and suffering we could have made every Afghan an instant millionaire and be done with it. But, noooooooo. We couldn't do that. Why not? There wouldn't be any profit in it for the military/industrial complex.

It's part of the master plan to stoke that "us or them" war mentality. It is part of the carefully orchestrated corpgov propaganda campaign to herd the sheeple in the desired direction. Groupthink. Goebbels would be in awe.
Well said. War means more money in the corporate bottom line. Corporate bias!!!!!!

Well, as we get further from it I'm sure that will change. 1941 is a long time ago and yes, it's faded somewhat. 9/11 was only 13 years ago so it's going to take a fair amount of time before that full footage is no longer used. Then again, it has been rare that an entire incident such as this was fully captured too.
Oh, but its a chance for them to be all offended TODAY and in the near future.
Forgetting that we over hear play the events surrounding Priness Di's tragic death every year. Respect apparently is a one way street.

It is us or them. If you feel different, stay out of the way.

You've been convinced that it's US OR THEM because of 9-11? Why?

Don't you realize that thousands more Americans needlessly died after 9-11. Tens of thousands more Americans were injured needlessly. Our corrupt ass government used 9-11 as the excuse propagandize unnecessarily wars, which was a way to intervene in an imminent serious economic downfall...

The losses world-wide is beyond description as a result of the U.S.s actions following 9-11.

That is a good point. Probably never been so much footage for an event that large.

You've been convinced that it's US OR THEM because of 9-11? Why?

Don't you realize that thousands more Americans needlessly died after 9-11. Tens of thousands more Americans were injured needlessly. Our corrupt ass government used 9-11 as the excuse propagandize unnecessarily wars, which was a way to intervene in an imminent serious economic downfall...

The losses world-wide is beyond description as a result of the U.S.s actions following 9-11.

its also worth pointing out it wasn't just Americans who died in 9/11 New York being such a global city. 12% of the deaths were foreign nationals.

Back
Top Bottom