• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

9,000 Florida Children Diagnosed With Coronavirus in Two Weeks

americanwoman

dangerously addictive
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
newsweek.com

The number of Florida children diagnosed with the coronavirus has increased by nearly 9,000 over the past two weeks as schools across the state begin to reopen.There are currently 48,730 confirmed cases of the novel virus among children under 18, according to a recent pediatric report released by the Florida Department of Health. In a previous report released August 9, there were 39,735 confirmed cases among the same group, which marks an increase of 8,995 cases over the past two weeks.

Across the different age groups listed in the pediatric report, there are 17,311 confirmed cases among Florida children between 14 and 17, which constitute 36 percent of all cases in children. Children between 5 and 10 make up the next largest share, 27 percent, and the pediatric report shows 12,946 cases in this age group.

[FONT=&quot]The report also shows an increase in the number of children hospitalized with COVID-19. According to the state's department of health, there were 436 hospitalizations of children on August 9, compared with 602 in the most recent report, marking an increase of 166 hospitalizations.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The increase in virus cases among Florida children comes as schools across the state begin to reopen. Because many have already reopened, the state health department released a report on Monday showing that more than 700 cases of the virus have been linked to K-12 schools and higher education institutions within the first two weeks of reopening.[/FONT]

Disgusting. The "best" nation on earth couldn't come up with a solid plan and uses children as guinea pigs for politics instead of listening to doctors and other experts. We are better than this.

newsweek.com

Disgusting. The "best" nation on earth couldn't come up with a solid plan and uses children as guinea pigs for politics instead of listening to doctors and other experts. We are better than this.

The courts have stopped DeSantis order to fully reopen all school to all class participation.

Frankly, it turns out we are not better than this.

We know beyond all doubt that political motivation Trumps public safety and human life (intentional and meaningful use of President OrangeGlow's name.)

it doesn't matter.

all people care about is who beat up who in a fight.

newsweek.com

There was a time when I thought we would be “better” than to condone and support rioting, arson and looting too.

Rioting, arson, and looting is bad. Appears to be a lack of strong leadership all around.

you know, all we need is an adult in our White House. that's it. just a mature adult who can lead.

Correction: Obviously a lack of strong leadership in the democrat-run cities and states.

Are you telling me the Republican run cities and states such as Florida enacting policies that have caused 9,000 children to get sick are good?

The rioting, looting, and arson are neither here nor there when talking about the coronavirus and sending kids back to school.

Correction: Obviously a lack of strong leadership in the democrat-run cities and states.

So then why is Trump running on it? What is he going to do about it?

you know, all we need is an adult in our White House. that's it. just a mature adult who can lead.

Ultimately it is up to the states but having a strong empathetic leader in the White House with a direction would do wonders unify our states right now.

Are you telling me the Republican run cities and states such as Florida enacting policies that have caused 9,000 children to get sick are good?
The rioting, looting, and arson are neither here nor there when talking about the coronavirus and sending kids back to school.

Try to at least follow your own BS:

americanwoman: "Rioting, arson, and looting is bad. Appears to be a lack of strong leadership all around."

Barnacle: "Correction: Obviously a lack of strong leadership in the democrat-run cities and states."

newsweek.com

Death and disease...brought to you by the anti-science party.

It is what it is.....:roll:

There was a time when I thought we would be “better” than to condone and support rioting, arson and looting too.

This is your counter to 9000 kids with Covid?

Damn...

americanwoman: "Rioting, arson, and looting is bad. Appears to be a lack of strong leadership all around."

Barnacle: "Correction: Obviously a lack of strong leadership in the democrat-run cities and states."

I see you want to ignore the topic at hand because I didn't spell it out in my response to a person trying to derail it.

There is a lack of leadership all around coming from both parties and it's coming from the top - period.

Death and disease...brought to you by the anti-science party.

It is what it is.....:roll:

It's okay that we have a substandard resopnse to our schools and children during a pandemic because democratic run citites and states are doing worse things.

Why don't you try sticking to the topic :naughty

Didn’t you once describe it as “necessary”?

Did I? Because I can't find any of my posts that say it's necessary.

I have said I don't like or agree with it but people are going to push back when their rights are being violated.

But what does that have to do with schools reopening during the pandemic? I will be happy to debate you on this entirely different and unrelated topic elsewhere.

they don't care. they're trying to recapture 1850.

Ultimately it is up to the states but having a strong empathetic leader in the White House with a direction would do wonders unify our states right now.

we've had strong leaders stand up and steer this great nation through the worst of times.

we just picked a wimp this time. we shouldn't expect leadership.

Lookie here, another shill obsessed with the casedemic.

Imagine locking down society due to a few kids having the sniffles (not that these 9000 kids have any symptoms), I guess kids just never got sick before this fakedemic.

You folks need to be continuously reminded that all this horrible stuff is happening under Trumps admin. It's not Obama, Biden, or even Hillary as many of you will revert back to when trying to divert from Trumps horrid response to all our crises.

Lookie here, another shill obsessed with the casedemic.

Imagine locking down society due to a few kids having the sniffles (not that these 9000 kids have any symptoms), I guess kids just never got sick before this fakedemic.

Pure stupidity that just keeps Covid alive and well in the USA. Kids transmit the disease to more vulnerable people. Get your thoughts straight.

Back
Top Bottom