• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

86% Think Bush Should be IMPEACHED

unlawflcombatnt

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Below is a copy of the latest MSNBC-Newweek poll on Impeaching Bush.

1-2-05artImpchPoll.gif

(I strongly suggest copying this poll down, as it may be pulled off the internet by Corporate Media Nazis.)

Here's a direct link to the poll: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10562904#survey

How many here think Bush should be impeached?

Of course he should. It is long ago since he passed the limit of what presidents get impeached for today.

It's not a scientific survey. I don't doubt that the majority of people would like to see Bush impeached though. Even the staunchest Bush supporters I work with now dislike him.

This is a ridiculous online survey spiked by activists. Big whoop.

The actual percentage is 32% who want him impeached, as of 2 weeks ago. Probably the same amount who hated him when he came into office. wooooo.

"The number who support impeachment is very similar to the 33% who believe it is impossible for the United States mission in Iraq to succeed."

I guess we know what kind of people support impeachment...

Interestingly enough, 58% of people do not want him impeached, and people said 52-30 that they would be less likely to vote for a Congressperson who tried to impeach him.

:roll:

And for any who might claim the survey is incorrect...it's run by Rassmussen, who was the most accurate pollster in the 2004 election, and was commissioned by a radically anti-bush group.

http://rasmussenreports.com/2005/Impeachment.htm

I suppose there was indeed vote stuffing or something like it, but that was cool to see all the same.

As for the 32% impeachment statistic, that's still one in three Americans who want the president gone not just because they don't like him, but because they honestly believe he has done something illegal. One out of every three people in this country is a big whoop. Very big indeed. That's almost 100,000,000 who want the President on trial. 100,000,000...

unlawflcombatnt said:
....http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10562904#survey
How many here think Bush should be impeached?
My good fellow unlawflcombatnt,

I am kina disappointed that the MSNBC-report is not on a good quality paper, since lately, at the White House, we switched from soft
Tissue_Roll.summ.jpg
to a cheaper brand
Tissue_Roll.summ.jpg
, because of budget deficit.

G.W.

PS: my respectful statement in the young drunk days would had been:
6.gif

Last edited:
I'm not big on media polls.. as the consensus has never reached me... nor anyone I know...

However, I don't think Bush should be impeached.

I think he should be arrested and charged with Treason, Obstruction, Extortion, and Racketeering.

Then again I thought Clinton should have been charged with perjury for lying to the nation (and his wife) about oval office fellatio.

I guess I'm just a stickler.

Conflict said:
... arrested and charged with Treason, Obstruction, Extortion, and Racketeering.....

Hey Conflict
gav3.gif

While you are sitting in your coshi–couch and clicking your mouse, I am here protecting and preserving your Wal-Mart way of life. You think it is easy to be confronted by bunch of Treacherous Islamic Fanatics who are waiting for me to drop the soup?

In brief, respectfully: HUAHHH
6.gif

(I was in reserve)

G.W.

Last edited:
G.W. said:

Hey Conflict,

While you are sitting in your coshi–couch and clicking your mouse, I am here protecting and preserving your Wal-Mart way of life. You think it is easy to be confronted by bunch of Treacherous Islamic Fanatics who are waiting for me to drop the soup?

In brief, respectfully: HUAHHH
6.gif

(I was in reserve)

G.W.

Don't get your panties in a bunch over there... :rofl

truth3kr.jpg

Last edited:
Only 32% of the American people want Bush impeached? Wow, that’s a lot, when you figure that only 25.5% of them wanted him as president in the first place. But then again, this is only representive democracy, not like we should to listen to those idiots in the minority anyway. [/sarcasm]

G.W. said:
My good fellow unlawflcombatnt,

I am kina disappointed that the MSNBC-report is not on a good quality paper, since lately, at the White House, we switched from soft
Tissue_Roll.summ.jpg
to a cheaper brand
Tissue_Roll.summ.jpg
, because of budget deficit.

G.W.

PS: my respectful statement in the young drunk days would had been:
6.gif

Owch. Cutting back on the budget that much? Must hurt like the blazes to have to use that when having the runs from too much alcohol. And blowing your nose after snorting a few lines must also be hell. :lol:

I'd like to believe this poll, but even I can't. Maybe some people would presume that I would parade this poll around as proof that Bush should be impeached, but I can't. It's not a scientifically accurate poll. Even if that many people wanted him impeached, this Congress will not allow it. If the Democrats win big in 2006, which I'm expecting they will, there is a shot that impeachment will be discussed, but right now that's not going to happen.

And if he was impeached... Cheney as president would be really frightening.

Lefty said:
......Bush impeached, but I can't.
........allow it. If the Democrats win big in 2006, which I'm expecting.

My good fellow Lefty,

1- Thanks for your support. I hope it is not because I am holding “George Patton’s” dog:
rundog.gif

2- Do you think the Democrats have a chance to win by
Twitle De:
topmast_hillary.jpg
or by Twitle Da:
john_kerry_photo_gallery2.jpg

Perhaps a third term wise choice is:
bush5.gif

G.W.

Last edited:
galenrox said:
[mod mode]
:smash:
alright, you've been warned about this already. All of your posts have been entirely pointless. You're getting formally warned now, and if this happens again you'll be taking a vacation. This is absolutely proposterous.
[/mod mode]

I'm pretty sure that that is his point... to be absolutely proposterous. Not to mention pointless.

galenrox said:
[mod mode]
:smash:
alright, you've been warned about this already. All of your posts have been entirely pointless. You're getting formally warned now, and if this happens again you'll be taking a vacation. This is absolutely proposterous.
[/mod mode]

LOL! I love it when people do posts like that! It's hilarious.

I don't have any thoughts thus far in whether Bush should be impeached, which is kind of surprising since I dislike him so much. :shock:

RightatNYU said:
The actual percentage is 32% who want him impeached, as of 2 weeks ago. Probably the same amount who hated him when he came into office. wooooo.
Yeah, 86 million folks.
At some points, roughly as many Americans wanted Clinton impeached.

RightatNYU said:
Interestingly enough, 58% of people do not want him impeached, and people said 52-30 that they would be less likely to vote for a Congressperson who tried to impeach him.
Again roughly the same as Clinton's #s.

GWB is in about the same impeachment territory pollwise as Clinton was.

Simon W. Moon said:
Yeah, 86 million folks.
At some points, roughly as many Americans wanted Clinton impeached.

Again roughly the same as Clinton's #s.

GWB is in about the same impeachment territory pollwise as Clinton was.

So is that the basis of an impeachment? And unscientific poll? BTW Rasmuen's poll was reported last week as 2/3's support the spying, kinda knocks this thread out of th water doesn't it.

Stinger said:
So is that the basis of an impeachment? And unscientific poll?
If it contents you to think so, feel free. As it's so far outside the realm of what I posted, I'm not sure how to address your comments.

Stinger said:
So is that the basis of an impeachment? And unscientific poll? BTW Rasmuen's poll was reported last week as 2/3's support the spying, kinda knocks this thread out of th water doesn't it.

Now that poll wasn't asking the right question, it showed that 68% of people were in support of the spying on terrorists, not in suppport of spying without a warrant. Very big difference. I for example suppport spying on terrorists, I just think our government should get a warrant before they do so.

Currently the only poll that I'm aware of shows that more than half of those polled did not think that the war justifies the surveillence.

Lefty said:
Now that poll wasn't asking the right question, it showed that 68% of people were in support of the spying on terrorists, not in suppport of spying without a warrant. Very big difference. I for example suppport spying on terrorists, I just think our government should get a warrant before they do so.

Currently the only poll that I'm aware of shows that more than half of those polled did not think that the war justifies the surveillence.

Nope

December 28, 2005--Sixty-four percent (64%) of Americans believe the National Security Agency (NSA) should be allowed to intercept telephone conversations between terrorism suspects in other countries and people living in the United States. A Rasmussen Reports survey found that just 23% disagree.

They support what we are doing. NSA doesn't get warrants. If he meant with a warrant as is not being done he would have asked it.

Stinger said:
Nope

December 28, 2005--Sixty-four percent (64%) of Americans believe the National Security Agency (NSA) should be allowed to intercept telephone conversations between terrorism suspects in other countries and people living in the United States. A Rasmussen Reports survey found that just 23% disagree.

They support what we are doing. NSA doesn't get warrants. If he meant with a warrant as is not being done he would have asked it.

What was the question exactly? Do you have the wording available? AFAICT, what you posted doesn't address the issue of the necessity of warrants whatsoever.

Simon W. Moon said:
What was the question exactly? Do you have the wording available? AFAICT, what you posted doesn't address the issue of the necessity of warrants whatsoever.

My point exactly.

Simon W. Moon said:

Well then what do you think they were talking about? They support what we are doing.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2005/NSA.htm

Sixty-eight percent (68%) of Americans say they are following the NSA story somewhat or very closely.
Just 26% believe President Bush is the first to authorize a program like the one currently in the news. Forty-eight percent (48%) say he is not while 26% are not sure.

Eighty-one percent (81%) of Republicans believe the NSA should be allowed to listen in on conversations between terror suspects and people living in the United States. That view is shared by 51% of Democrats and 57% of those not affiliated with either major political party.

Yeah I know the poll, but you aren't listening. The poll doesn't ask about warrants. If it were to be applicable to the warrantless wiretapping scandal it would have to ask: "do you think the government should wiretap suspected terrorist's phonelines without obtaining a warrant?" Since it doesn't ask about the warrants, it just means that this is a poll that asks about wiretapping in general, not the issue at hand. What you are presenting as proof that 68% of Americans support this wiretapping isn't true because of the issue of the warrants!

Back
Top Bottom