• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

85% of men have never been sexually active outside the age of Roe

Cameron

Politically Correct
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
If you are under the age of 65, odds are you have never had sex under circumstances in which a woman could not legally have an abortion. The criminalization of abortion in many states may have an impact on sexual practices and decision-making, including (if not especially) within marriage, even if contraception remains legal. It also exposes sexually active men to far greater financial risk. Do you think that the impact in this regard will be significant, and do you think conservative men, in particular, fully appreciate that potential?

If abortion stays illegal in large parts of the country for a significant amount of time then yes, there will be a significant impact. Most people will not realize, appreciate, or understand that impact.

I get an odd feeling that the number of incels will dramatically increase...

Before this week, only about 1/3 of sexually active men used condoms (and many of those, not every time). Of course, people having casual sex probably should always wear condoms to prevent STDs, but for people in monogamous relationships, that has for decades been less of a concern. Birth control is still legal and very effective, but will couples in red states trust it enough given that the consequences are now so severe? If not, I wonder if there are a significant number of conservative men who will never have condomless sex again? Maybe they don't think it's a big deal, though.

I actually think the best the Religious Right, the Radical Right and the Radical SC get out of the mess they just catalyzed is CHAOS.....utter chaos.

Dumbasses.....you have not resolved anything and that is actually the prime function of the SC. All you appear to have done is given utterly ruthless Clarence Thomas a Birthday Present.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARENCE YOU JERK.

Before this week, only about 1/3 of sexually active men used condoms (and many of those, not every time). Of course, people having casual sex probably should always wear condoms to prevent STDs, but for people in monogamous relationships, that has for decades been less of a concern. Birth control is still legal and very effective, but will couples in red states trust it enough given that the consequences are now so severe? If not, I wonder if there are a significant number of conservative men who will never have condomless sex again? Maybe they don't think it's a big deal, though.
No, don’t wear condoms, have fun, don’t pull out, and recognize your duty to society

If you are under the age of 65, odds are you have never had sex under circumstances in which a woman could not legally have an abortion. The criminalization of abortion in many states may have an impact on sexual practices and decision-making, including (if not especially) within marriage, even if contraception remains legal. It also exposes sexually active men to far greater financial risk. Do you think that the impact in this regard will be significant, and do you think conservative men, in particular, fully appreciate that potential?
I was talking to my fiance about this implication and she believes early dating life for a lot of people are going to be different as women will have to consider a greater level of danger during intimacy. People can argue whether this is virtuous or not, but the fact is that this is really a practical matter that people are going to engage in regardless.

The sad fact is that a lot of guys are quite entitled when it comes to sex early in a relationship, rightly or wrongly, it is what it is. Now that women are in a situation where they have to more strongly consider the rest of their lives, then they are going to account for that, given that birth control can fail.

This is going to change the dating scene and quite possibly fuel a lot of resentment.

Back
Top Bottom