• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

82% of Whites support racist voter ID laws

No it's not liberals are putting forth that voter Id is racist because minorities don't have Id and can't get it which is racist in itself because your making assumptions of some ones race.

All liberals are? are you sure?

...and aren't you making unproven (and unprovable) assumptions about other peoples motives?

the op wishes the reader to assume the voter id laws are racist in nature which is the authors opinion and not fact. So the question has little to no merit.

joke
-----
your head

What's more racist asking for id or assuming some one based on their skin color doesn't have the means or the ability to get an id?

Asking for ID, because nobody is assuming anything. The statistics are clear.

Ridiculous. Voter ID laws aren't racist.

Oh come on people, you all are missing a rather obvious joke.

These democrats already have ID. The purpose of being against voting ID is so they, if they want to, can vote more than once. No other reason makes any sense.

These democrats already have ID. The purpose of being against voting ID is so they, if they want to, can vote more than once. No other reason makes any sense.

No, they want to allow illegal aliens to vote as well since they assume that they'll get the illegal vote. Regardless, they want people to be able to break the law and keep the Democrats in office.

No, they want to allow illegal aliens to vote as well since they assume that they'll get the illegal vote. Regardless, they want people to be able to break the law and keep the Democrats in office.

Good point, I agree!

Is it racist when you have to show an ID to buy alcohol?

Oh, holy mackerel! I could be seriously rich by now, if every time they have asked me for an ID at the liquor store I would go: " Is this happening because I am 1/8 Russian?!!! I am calling my lawyer!"

No it's not liberals are putting forth that voter Id is racist because minorities don't have Id and can't get it which is racist in itself because your making assumptions of some ones race.

How can you not get free ID?

Explain to me how this model doesn't work.
You turn 14 or 15. You got to the police. A nice police officer takes a picture of your face. 2 weeks later you go and pick up a small plastic that has your face on it, some essential information about you like name, social security number, where you live... and that's that. That's your ID card. Free of charge, given to you by the state because you're a citizen.

how is this racist? How can you NOT get an ID?

I have state issued ID. I lived with it since i was 14. 2 years from now i'll have to go change it because it needs to be changed periodically because you grow older, free of charge. I keep my ID card with me all the time. It's how I demonstrate to the authorities and other people that I am whoever I say I am. And if I wasn't ,then why would I say I am?

Oh, holy mackerel! I could be seriously rich by now, if every time they have asked me for an ID at the liquor store I would go: " Is this happening because I am 1/8 Russian?!!! I am calling my lawyer!"

Even better, next time they ask, get all indignant and scream "It's because I'm WHITE isn't it!!??" Then spike your alcohol on the floor and strut out.

Serves the racist bastards right.

Drive a car? Yep have to have an ID.
Buy beer? ID
Buy cigs? ID
Buy gun? ID
Buy fireworks? ID
Use credit card where I work? ID.
So why should voting be any different?

Don't forget getting a lease, opening a bank account, getting a job, or flying in a plane.

Last edited:
How can asking for an ID be racist?

Is it racist when you have to show an ID to buy alcohol?

Do you think this little ruling along party lines in the supreme court was a coincidence?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/26/us/supreme-court-ruling.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"The Supreme Court on Tuesday effectively struck down the heart of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 by a 5-to-4 vote, freeing nine states, mostly in the South, to change their election laws without advance federal approval."

It's obvious that the Republicans have figured out that if they want to win again it will be by cheating or keeping minorities away from the polls. People who are old, broke, sick, and black and who have been voting for sixty years will be disenfranchised by the likes of what the Red states have started. I mean this is serious. It threatens our democracy.

It's obvious from recent happenings that the Right is looking at anything and everything which might make Democrat votes harder to come by. They've found out that billionaires can't buy an election and it scares them.

Last edited:
Do you think this little ruling along party lines in the supreme court was a coincidence?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/26/us/supreme-court-ruling.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"The Supreme Court on Tuesday effectively struck down the heart of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 by a 5-to-4 vote, freeing nine states, mostly in the South, to change their election laws without advance federal approval."

It's obvious that the Republicans have figured out that if they want to win again it will be by cheating or keeping minorities away from the polls. People who are old, broke, sick, and black and who have been voting for sixty years will be disenfranchised by the likes of what the Red states have started. I mean this is serious. It threatens our democracy.

It's obvious from recent happenings that the Right is looking at anything and everything which might make Democrat votes harder to come by. They've found out that billionaires can't buy an election and it scares them.

I've never said their intentions are pure, but I think asking for a photo ID is a very reasonable way to help keep the integrity of our system.

Asking for an ID isn't racist, that's ridiculous. You can't do anything without an ID nowadays.

You can't:
- Get a lease
- Get a job
- Open a bank account
- Buy a gun
- Buy alcohol
- Drive
- Get into a club
- About a thousand other things

Why would voting alone be racist but not all of the rest? Where do all of these ID-less people live and work if they can't get an apartment or a job?

Only US Citizens can vote in USA.

What dont you get about this?????????

Whether or not to work? Are you kidding. You have to have an ID to get a job. The people you are talking about don't work, they live off others that do work. It goes along with the lack of work ethic of these people. They are too lazy to even get a job, certainly they are too lazy to work. The most work any of these people do is cash their welfare checks!

'Scuse you, guy - you didn't even understand what I said. When it can take HOURS-worth of standing in line to cast a simple freaking vote, the people standing in that line often have to choose whether to remain in that line to cast their vote...or to get out of that line and go to work so they can keep their jobs.

You need to keep up, Campbell. Nobody said it wasn't a political issue. We said it isn't a racist issue.

'Scuse you, guy - you didn't even understand what I said. When it can take HOURS-worth of standing in line to cast a simple freaking vote, the people standing in that line often have to choose whether to remain in that line to cast their vote...or to get out of that line and go to work so they can keep their jobs.

If one has to spend hours in line to vote, then I would take that up with the election board. I've never waited more than 5 minutes.

You act like it always takes HOURS to vote. It usually takes me less than 15 minutes. Regardless, having to prove who you are to cast a vote is common sense.

If one has to spend hours in line to vote, then I would take that up with the election board. I've never waited more than 5 minutes.

In fact, I've been voting by mail for many years, anyone can do it here and I never have to leave the house. If people stand in lines, that's their CHOICE.

I've never said their intentions are pure, but I think asking for a photo ID is a very reasonable way to help keep the integrity of our system.

Asking for an ID isn't racist, that's ridiculous. You can't do anything without an ID nowadays.

You can't:
- Get a lease
- Get a job
- Open a bank account
- Buy a gun
- Buy alcohol
- Drive
- Get into a club
- About a thousand other things

Why would voting alone be racist but not all of the rest? Where do all of these ID-less people live and work if they can't get an apartment or a job?

Why the hell would am 80 year old crippled black woman in a nursing home be thinking if she was applying for a driver's license? Oh...I know, that's one of the minority votes Republicans are hoping to suppress with no objection from anybody. The drive from the Right to keep people away from the polls didn't work in 2012 and it will get worse. Romney won two demographics....white men and folks over 65. Since whites will soon be a minority in America and folks over 65 are dying 100 times faster than those under thirty I suggest the Republicans had better find another horse to ride. It Ain't Working!

Last edited:
Why the hell would am 80 year old crippled black woman in a nursing home be thinking if she was applying for a driver's license? Oh...I know, that's one of the minority votes Republicans are hoping to suppress with no objection from anybody. The drive from the Right to keep people away from the polls didn't work in 2012 and it will get worse. Romney won two demographics....white men and folks over 65. Since whites will soon be a minority in America and folks over 65 are dying 100 times faster than those under thirty I suggest the Republicans had better find another horse to ride. It Ain't Working!
Huh? I never said license, I said ID.

And its super racist of you to assume all old crippled women are black. Especially considering there are more old white people than any other race.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of you screaming racism while simultaneously acting really racist.

Huh? I never said license, I said ID.

And its super racist of you to assume all old crippled women are black. Especially considering there are more old white people than any other race.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of you screaming racism while simultaneously acting really racist.

I didn't assume a goddam thing. Over 90% of Blacks vote Democrat. Why don't you try to dispute that from your lofty perch?

I didn't assume a goddam thing. Over 90% of Blacks vote Democrat. Why don't you try to dispute that from your lofty perch?

I don't think anyone disputes that, but you assume that blacks don't have, or can't get an ID. That is racist thinking.

Back
Top Bottom