• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

82% of Whites support racist voter ID laws

I think it was Specklebang who said a few days ago, in response to someone who said paying for voter ID was a form of poll tax and thus unconstitional, that by that logic requiring someone to use gas in their car to drive to a polling station is a poll tax and all polling stations should be within easy walking distance even for the elderly and the handicapped. Perhaps you should be able to vote from home, and maybe they could whip up lunch for you too while they're at it.

Nah, I hate strangers rummaging through my pantry, but a massage while I decide would be nice.

Well DUH! If Voter ID laws are passed then thousands of unregistered voters will be disenfranchised!! ;)

You say that like it's a bad thing.

How can asking for an ID be racist?

Is it racist when you have to show an ID to buy alcohol?

According to race-baiting liberals, probably. But that's how they think, they see racism in absolutely everything and therefore their opinions really mean nothing. They don't think rationally about their claims, they just make emotional whiny noises and want everyone to feel good.

How does voting on election day suppress voting? You can always file an absentee ballot if you think you might not be able to make it in on election day.

How does registering a month before the election suppress voting? It's not like elections are unannounced pop quizzes.

You didn't get what I was pointing out - which was (unlike what the OP was trying to suggest) most whites do NOT want "racist voter ID laws", that most of what they supported is precisely what the GOP does NOT want. The GOP does NOT want early voting, voting by students, voting on Sundays prior to the election, and election-day registration, because all these tend to favor the democratic-leaning electorate.

Why that is, I'm not sure, but I suspect it's because Election Day is not a holiday, and it's not always easy to arrange for time to vote if there's only one day when one can vote, especially if one has a family to worry about...that is, unless one is already retired.

Wow
I didn't realize there were so many racists in the country.

I'll simplify it;

It's currently friday Aug. 30, 2013. 7:54 central time.

This proves white people are racist. LMFAO... :roll:

I'll simplify it;

It's currently friday Aug. 30, 2013. 7:54 central time.

This proves white people are racist. LMFAO... :roll:

Not just whites. At 82.5% the country is lousy with racists. I might even be one of them - you too :)

Drive a car? Yep have to have an ID.
Buy beer? ID
Buy cigs? ID
Buy gun? ID
Buy fireworks? ID
Use credit card where I work? ID.
So why should voting be any different?

Because having an id would prevent fraudulent votes.

Well DUH! If Voter ID laws are passed then thousands of unregistered voters will be disenfranchised!! ;)

That's a lie! Anyone too lazy to get an ID is too stupid to vote in the first place. They don't seem to have a problem having an ID to get their food stamps and Medicaid.

That's a lie! Anyone too lazy to get an ID is too stupid to vote in the first place. They don't seem to have a problem having an ID to get their food stamps and Medicaid.

Yes, people are stupid because they voted into office a party that wanted to make it harder to vote, that made it to where people had to travel farther and stand in long lines for several hours to vote...so that all too often, the people had make the choice whether to work...or whether to skip work so they could vote. I mean, how very patriotic it is to pass laws to make it more difficult for people to vote.

And isn't it funny how the conservatives keep making their claims about food stamps and Medicaid when generally speaking, it's blue states that pay out more federal taxes than they receive from the government, and it's red states that receive more in federal largess than they pay out in taxes. I say it's time that blue states stopped subsidizing red states!

Why is it so incredibly difficult for Liberals to simply register and vote like everyone else?

Why do you immediately target liberals on this issue?

Who do you mean by "they?"

Would you please give a reference showing that fraudulent votes have been a real problem? I mean, more than a problem than forcing people to stand in lines for hours in order to cast their votes....

How do you prove that votes cast with no ID were cast by the actual individual? This is such a stupid question because the system is set up to prevent the detection of fraud. The whole point of voter ID laws is to provide a means of detection of fraud.

But, there is some evidence:

Colorado Counties Have More Voters Than People » Media Trackers

Election Watchdog: 160 Counties Have More Registered Voters Than are Actually Eligible to Vote | TheBlaze.com

We need the laws to insure voter integrity.

BTW, only 21 million people need an ID that don't already have one. Voter ID Laws – How Many People Really Don’t Have Photo IDs? | Uncommon Misconceptions

That's what? A little over 6%? That's not that hard to fix.

...so that all too often, the people had make the choice whether to work...or whether to skip work so they could vote. I mean, how very patriotic it is to pass laws to make it more difficult for people to vote.

Whether or not to work? Are you kidding. You have to have an ID to get a job. The people you are talking about don't work, they live off others that do work. It goes along with the lack of work ethic of these people. They are too lazy to even get a job, certainly they are too lazy to work. The most work any of these people do is cash their welfare checks!

Drive a car? Yep have to have an ID.
Buy beer? ID
Buy cigs? ID
Buy gun? ID
Buy fireworks? ID
Use credit card where I work? ID.
So why should voting be any different?

I made this similar list earlier today:

A legal ID is required to:

Apply for and use food stamps
Apply for and receive welfare
Apply for and receive unemployment assistance
Apply for and receive government health care assistance
Apply for and receive any federal government assistance
Apply for and receive any state government assistance
Gain legal employment in the US
Open a bank account
Cash a check
Use a credit card
Drive a car
Receive/fill many perscription drugs
Get an airline ticket
Attend college
Receive college grants or loans
Purchase alcohol
Purchase cigarettes
Enter a bar or night club​

I made this similar list earlier today:

A legal ID is required to:

Apply for and use food stamps
Apply for and receive welfare
Apply for and receive unemployment assistance
Apply for and receive government health care assistance
Apply for and receive any federal government assistance
Apply for and receive any state government assistance
Gain legal employment in the US
Open a bank account
Cash a check
Use a credit card
Drive a car
Receive/fill many perscription drugs
Get an airline ticket
Attend college
Receive college grants or loans
Purchase alcohol
Purchase cigarettes
Enter a bar or night club​

Ah, that explains why so few demorats are allowed to do any of those things. One should be able to do these things by simply stating their name, address (or declaring that they are currently homeless but are staying nearby) and swearing (or affirming) that they are over 21 and a U.S. citizen, in any language that they prefer. ;)

Last edited:
Again ill pose this question what's more racist asking for id or assuming based on your skin color you don't have the ability to get one?

Again ill pose this question what's more racist asking for id or assuming based on your skin color you don't have the ability to get one?

non sequitur.
Asking for an id isn't "racist". Your question is a weak, purposely constructed logical fallacy assuming a dishonest and untrue absolute.

non sequitur.
Asking for an id isn't "racist". Your question is a weak, purposely constructed logical fallacy assuming a dishonest and untrue absolute.
No it's not liberals are putting forth that voter Id is racist because minorities don't have Id and can't get it which is racist in itself because your making assumptions of some ones race.

Back
Top Bottom