• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

8 years after hope and change, voters are angry, anxious...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Eight years ago, Barbara Conley was one of the millions of Americans swept up in Barack Obama's promises of hope and change when he accepted the Democratic nomination at a packed stadium a few miles from her home in the Denver suburbs.

But those optimistic days are almost unrecognizable to Conley now.

With Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton preparing for their own nominating conventions, Conley is filled with so much frustration at the candidates that she can't even imagine voting in November.

The same sense of anger and anxiety runs deep among voters across the country.
News from The Associated Press

Anyone who bought into that Hope & Change garbage are chumps. Obama was the start of the "celebrity president" era. Talk a good talk, and spend the most and you'll get elected. Even if you're tragically unqualified.

Eight years ago, Barbara Conley was one of the millions of Americans swept up in Barack Obama's promises of hope and change when he accepted the Democratic nomination at a packed stadium a few miles from her home in the Denver suburbs.

But those optimistic days are almost unrecognizable to Conley now.

With Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton preparing for their own nominating conventions, Conley is filled with so much frustration at the candidates that she can't even imagine voting in November.

The same sense of anger and anxiety runs deep among voters across the country.
News from The Associated Press

Obama has divided the Nation and manipulated executive orders to shred the Constitution to further his liberal agenda . I'm certain far too many guzzled that foul tasting "change" Kool aid and have regrets today !

I cannot believe people really think some person is going to be elected to office, ride in, save the day, keep everyone happy and ride on out with people applauding them for the exceptional job they did.

it is a corrupt system with corrupt people

how can anyone accomplish anything within a system so broken and people so polarized?

how?

I cannot believe people really think some person is going to be elected to office, ride in, save the day, keep everyone happy and ride on out with people applauding them for the exceptional job they did.

Ask the typical Obama voter. He was supposed to be our political messiah.

Now our allies don't trust us, and our enemies think we're weak. Terrorism is running rampant...including here at home. Thanks Obama.

Ask the typical Obama voter. He was supposed to be our political messiah.

Now our allies don't trust us, and our enemies think we're weak. Terrorism is running rampant...including here at home. Thanks Obama.

thanks Obama? seriously?

no worries, your hero Trump will be along soon enough to save you

and when he doesn't (and trust me, he won't) you will find every reason you can to defend him

oh,

and nothing will change...except you will be rooting for the person you voted for

but nothing will change

(if you're lucky)

thanks Obama? seriously?

no worries, your hero Trump will be along soon enough to save you

and when he doesn't (and trust me, he won't) you will find every reason you can to defend him

oh,

and nothing will change...except you will be rooting for the person you voted for

but nothing will change

(if you're lucky)

I never said I was pro-Trump. Sorry, but I don't think he'll be a very good president. However, I'd rather him...actually, I'd rather a dead cat be president than that elitist, above-the-law crook Hillary.

Eight years ago, Barbara Conley was one of the millions of Americans swept up in Barack Obama's promises of hope and change...

BO played his Saul Alinsky cards well and the condition of the country shows it. Chaos everywhere.

Terrorism is running rampant...including here at home. Thanks Obama.

What more can we expect? The guy is a big Muslim Bro supporter, BLM supporter, and hates the country. He's a typical leftist.

What more can we expect? The guy is a big Muslim Bro supporter, BLM supporter, and hates the country. He's a typical leftist.

Honestly, I never really bought into the whole "Obama is a Muslim." I DO think he's a coward, and I think every...single...thing he says or does is done with his popularity vote in mind. As I said in another thread...it's fashionable to be "down" with Black Lives Matter, so Obama is. It's fashionable to be tolerant of Muslims, so Obama is (he's also terrified of their ability to damage his approval ratings).

Honestly, I never really bought into the whole "Obama is a Muslim." I DO think he's a coward, and I think every...single...thing he says or does is done with his popularity vote in mind. As I said in another thread...it's fashionable to be "down" with Black Lives Matter, so Obama is. It's fashionable to be tolerant of Muslims, so Obama is (he's also terrified of their ability to damage his approval ratings).

Yeah. I never really bought into the claim he is a muslim. I do believe he is a muslim sympathizer, and I mean the kind of muslims that are out to destroy the country. I also will say leftists in general are firm allies with muslims here in the US. Most of the muslims here are supporters of Sharia. Rioters in Ferguson were brought in and paid by Soros, a big BO supporter, and the Black Muslims, so you tell me. Are they allies? Ya dang right they are.

Whether you "bought" into it or not, his actions say that is is definitely MORE pro-Muslim than pro-American / Christian. If you follow world events it becomes painfully obvious.

Anyone who bought into that Hope & Change garbage are chumps. Obama was the start of the "celebrity president" era. Talk a good talk, and spend the most and you'll get elected. Even if you're tragically unqualified.

Obama has divided the Nation and manipulated executive orders to shred the Constitution to further his liberal agenda . I'm certain far too many guzzled that foul tasting "change" Kool aid and have regrets today !

No, there are still so very many that would vote for it again, in the form of Hillary, and would gladly continue to guzzle the Kool Aid.

BO played his Saul Alinsky cards well and the condition of the country shows it. Chaos everywhere.

And even after so many had warned against this happening, only to be shouted down and belittled by the hopey changy ObamaBots.

I thought Reagan began the celebrity president era.

Regardless, we HAVE seen change over the last eight years for those not too blind to see. We aren't in the second great republican depression any more (more money), gays can marry (liberty), several states have decriminalized marijuana and the feds didn't step on their dicks (more liberty), we've established diplomatic relations with Cuba (less juvenile foreign policy), we're having a national conversation about race that was previously unheard of (hope).

Why must all of these objectively positive things pass through a filter of conservative doom and dread? What is this thrill that conservatives get from the Obama failure meme, a radically stupid thing to perpetuate.

No change? Objectively false. No hope? Well, if you're hoping for authoritarian dogma to subjugate Americans to an epically dumb Christian fascist philosophy, I can see your concern. Frankly, I think the greatest hope is echoed in the cries of the right who appear to glimpse their own obsolescence as they chew off their own tails putting an arrogant, dumb pumpkin on the ticket.

how can anyone accomplish anything within a system so broken and people so polarized?

how?

well 1st thing : elect outsiders instead of the political elite

Yes...and both Parties, this time around, have shown that their rank and file wanted to do just that. Sanders for the Democrats (the only reason he could be considered an outsider is because he's even further to the left than most reasonable Democrats) and Trump for the Republicans (He really IS an outsider).

Unfortunately, for Sanders, the Democratic Party Elites were just too slick and powerful. Unfortunately for the Republican Elites, Trump tactically and strategically screwed up their plans at every turn.

So...back to your suggestion: Elect outsiders. For President, we have only one choice.

it can't happen within the current system because some were born to lead...they have money, power and influence and most importantly, they are protected regardless of which side of the middle line that they fall upon

Obama focused most of his two years of a Democratic Congress on healthcare. He failed to take the word of Mitch McConnell and the Orange One that they would stop Obama in every way, so Obama "tried" to work with them. What he got done was in spite of the Republican representatives in Congress. So, he really never got done all that would truly had represented a measure of his work as his own. What he did get done, statistically, has the nation better off than the position Bush2 put us in, all versus the Republicans. Everybody lashes out against Obama but can't back it up with hard facts and data. The best refutation to be shown is a coin toss.

how?
You can start by not exacerbating the problem from the get-go. Obama has been HORRIFIC on race relations in this country. He had the opportunity when his friend Henry Gates was arrested to be a leader. He chose to be a populist and it blew up in his face. He called the police response 'stupid' without knowing ANY of the actual facts. What he SHOULD have done is called his good friend, expressed love for him, and then told him he was going to publicly call him out for being a ****ing jagoff and causing a racial incident. But he didnt have the stones to 'do the right thing'. He COULD have waited until he had the facts with the Trayvon Martin shooting, but he didnt. Even THEN he could have turned his failure there into a win, simply by publcly denouncing a specific incident of black on white violence and calling an end to all of it. Instead...the ONLY time Obama has entered the fray has been to back 'the black guy'...regardless of how wrong he has been. Even recently he could have lit the WH blue and very vocally denounced the shootings and called for aggressive DOJ involvement...but he didnt. He couldnt even make that small gesture.

IF (and thats a big if) Donald Trump wins it will be because the country is responding to his inactivity on race issues, his incompetence on immigration, and his pathetic response to terrorism.

Yes...and both Parties, this time around, have shown that their rank and file wanted to do just that. Sanders for the Democrats (the only reason he could be considered an outsider is because he's even further to the left than most reasonable Democrats) and Trump for the Republicans (He really IS an outsider).

Unfortunately, for Sanders, the Democratic Party Elites were just too slick and powerful. Unfortunately for the Republican Elites, Trump tactically and strategically screwed up their plans at every turn.

So...back to your suggestion: Elect outsiders. For President, we have only one choice.
Not true, unless of course you mean the Libertarian ticket.

You can start by not exacerbating the problem from the get-go. Obama has been HORRIFIC on race relations in this country. He had the opportunity when his friend Henry Gates was arrested to be a leader. He chose to be a populist and it blew up in his face. He called the police response 'stupid' without knowing ANY of the actual facts. What he SHOULD have done is called his good friend, expressed love for him, and then told him he was going to publicly call him out for being a ****ing jagoff and causing a racial incident. But he didnt have the stones to 'do the right thing'. He COULD have waited until he had the facts with the Trayvon Martin shooting, but he didnt. Even THEN he could have turned his failure there into a win, simply by publcly denouncing a specific incident of black on white violence and calling an end to all of it. Instead...the ONLY time Obama has entered the fray has been to back 'the black guy'...regardless of how wrong he has been. Even recently he could have lit the WH blue and very vocally denounced the shootings and called for aggressive DOJ involvement...but he didnt. He couldnt even make that small gesture.

IF (and thats a big if) Donald Trump wins it will be because the country is responding to his inactivity on race issues, his incompetence on immigration, and his pathetic response to terrorism.

You completely lost me when you said Trayvon....George Zimmerman was at a high point when he took that kid's life

he has gone down to below gutter rat there after

Obama has been HORRIFIC on race relations in this country. He had the opportunity when his friend Henry Gates was arrested to be a leader. He chose to be a populist and it blew up in his face. He called the police response 'stupid' without knowing ANY of the actual facts. What he SHOULD have done is called his good friend, expressed love for him, and then told him he was going to publicly call him out for being a ****ing jagoff and causing a racial incident. But he didnt have the stones to 'do the right thing'. He COULD have waited until he had the facts with the Trayvon Martin shooting, but he didnt. Even THEN he could have turned his failure there into a win, simply by publcly denouncing a specific incident of black on white violence and calling an end to all of it. Instead...the ONLY time Obama has entered the fray has been to back 'the black guy'...regardless of how wrong he has been. Even recently he could have lit the WH blue and very vocally denounced the shootings and called for aggressive DOJ involvement...but he didnt. He couldnt even make that small gesture.

Liberals NEED racism. They need that divide and sub-classification of the masses. If racism were completely non-existent, and everyone were "equal," then how would they be able to cuddle and pander to one group, while demonizing another? It would be much harder to whore for votes if the divide were blurred.

IF (and thats a big if) Donald Trump wins it will be because the country is responding to his inactivity on race issues, his incompetence on immigration, and his pathetic response to terrorism.[/QUOTE]

You completely lost me when you said Trayvon....George Zimmerman was at a high point when he took that kid's life

he has gone down to below gutter rat there after
Why did that cause you to get 'lost'? The point was not to take sides. The point is that he should have been a leader...presidential. Not a populist. Without knowing the facts he bit into the race baiting rhetoric of an incident that actually had happened months prior and talked about the cute little trayvon we had been shown. NOT the Trayvon that died. He could have talked about the incident. He could have maintained his position and biased it with involvement in a tragic loss of a white kid, or even a Latino kid. He didnt. Only black lives mattered...not even the facts around black lives mattered.

Liberals NEED racism. They need that divide and sub-classification of the masses. If racism were completely non-existent, and everyone were "equal," then how would they be able to cuddle and pander to one group, while demonizing another? It would be much harder to whore for votes if the divide were blurred.

[/QUOTE]I completely agree. Nothing could better illustrate that then this Bl;ack Lives Matter hactivists comments about the Chicago Trump rally attacks.

That ****ing clown doesnt even know they are 'protesting' over. They cant cite any incidents of racial attacks towards blacks, but blacks have been stirred up in a violent racist response. Why? Over a comment about the criminal types the mejican government is sending into the US and over a few comments about Rosie O Donnel and Megan Kelley. Really? Blacks are stirred to violence and activism over an exchange between Trump and Rosie O Donnel? And they are going to riot over his comments towards Rubio and Cruz? Getda****outtaheah.

Back
Top Bottom