• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

8 News Daily Poll: Should Hillary Clinton be criminally prosecuted?

If by "the Administration" you mean the Attorney General or the FBI Director, neither of them can cross the President and still hold their positions. They are both members of the Executive Branch and therefore responsible to him. One thing Mr. Comey might have done is lay out the strong case against Mrs. Clinton as he did--but then, instead of claiming she should not be prosecuted, say he was resigning, because in spite of his conclusion that she should be prosecuted, his superiors had made clear to him they would not follow through on any recommendation to prosecute her he might make. And I strongly suspect that's what he was told.

If Comey had recommended Clinton be prosecuted for violating section 793[f]--which he in effect acknowledged she did--nothing was to prevent Justice Dept. prosecutors, at the direction of Ms. Lynch, from fixing the thing anyway. One way they might have done that was to convene a grand jury to provide the illusion they were taking action, but then present that grand jury only such incomplete and diluted evidence of her guilt, and do it as if they were defending her instead of prosecuting her, as to guarantee she would be no-billed. And Comey would have been made to look like a relatively minor official who had tried on his own, by misusing the law, to determine the outcome of a presidential election.

Conspiracy theories thrive on "strong suspicions" that have absolutely no evidence.

Beat me to it.

Didn't think anyone still took online polls seriously.

I guess some people do.

Funny.

Well by his own inference he thinks bernie sanders still has a chance... So... It doesn't surprise me that he took this poll as seriously as he did.

well, your judgement doesn't amount to diddlysquat.
No. and not one person in 100 years was ever convicted of that statute for gross negligence ...or to put it in his words:

"No reasonable prosecutor would bring the second case in 100 years focused on gross negligence," Comey said.

"I know the Department of Justice, I know no reasonable prosecutor would bring this case. I know a lot of my former friends are out there saying they would. I wonder where they were in the last 40 years, because I'd like to see the cases they brought on gross negligence. Nobody would, nobody did."

Did the other FBI agents who were working on the case agree with him? Yes, unanimously. I trust their judgement. Not yours.

conservatives really suck at metaphors.

Mr. Comey conveniently failed to mention that there have been military prosecutions under 793(f). And of course those took place in courts of the United States.

Mr. Comey conveniently failed to mention that there have been military prosecutions under 793(f). And of course those took place in courts of the United States.

Prosecutions of military personnel are not conducted by DOJ.

Now let's see all those military convictions so we can compare, just for ****s and giggles.

Well by his own inference he thinks bernie sanders still has a chance... So... It doesn't surprise me that he took this poll as seriously as he did.

I never said that, quit harassing me, putting words in my mouth and derail-trolling my thread. It's starting to get old.

They also share a few characteristics with Trump supporters as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ie-sanders-supporters-sure-sound-a-lot-alike/

It is quite clear someone has an agenda here.

I never said that, quit harassing me, putting words in my mouth and derail-trolling my thread. It's starting to get old.

It is quite clear someone has an agenda here.

Dude you have to lay off the temper tantrums. I'm sorry no one is taking your poll that you found seriously, but it is true. Online polls are meaningless. I don't even know what you are talking about. For some reason you had a problem with people who were saying Bernie had no chance and that math doesn't lie. Online polls are not math, especially since you could easily go to that poll and vote fifty times by hitting the refresh button. You know people have programs that do that automatically right?? Have you ever been on a political forum before??

Oh and there is a reason only Trump supporters are agreeing with you! The more level headed posters who don't have agendas linked to a certain candidate are the ones calling you out! Get it together man.

Prosecutions of military personnel are not conducted by DOJ.

That is not relevant to the question whether violations of section 793(f) have been prosecuted. Mr. Comey's claim that they have not is misleading, and I believe he meant it to be.

Now let's see all those military convictions so we can compare, just for ****s and giggles.

Whether a person charged with violating a statute is convicted is not relevant to whether the evidence was strong enough to justify prosecuting him.

Shows you just how bad of a candidate Trump is.

this shows how LOW of IQ's that voters supporting hillary has... america has its lowest IQ's voting ever in history and dropping to a record each and ever day....... just shows how bad hillarys voters are

math doesn't lie.

This is what you are ignoring.
This is what you are dancing around.
This is what proves me right and you wrong.
This is my point.
This topic isn't about Bernie Sanders.
STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT SO.
YOU LOSE.
GTFO.

That is not relevant to the question whether violations of section 793(f) have been prosecuted. Mr. Comey's claim that they have not is misleading, and I believe he meant it to be.

Whether a person charged with violating a statute is convicted is not relevant to whether the evidence was strong enough to justify prosecuting him.

Ok. So you're saying no one was convicted under 793(f). Show us the prosecutions so we can compare.

But they're still going to vote for the criminal bitch. Go figure.

It is a beautiful demonstration of how unsophisticated the US voter actually is. To keep things in perspective, it is true that the 2 party duopoly MAKES voters unsophisticated.

But they're still going to vote for the criminal bitch. Go figure.

But but but no indictment..... means she did NOTHING wrong.

Notice how Trump clearly doesn't know what the word "impossible" means:

"Following reports of Clinton’s FBI interview, presumptive Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump tweeted: “It is impossible for the FBI not to recommend criminal charges against Hillary Clinton. What she did was wrong!”"

But but but .....Trump!

This is what you are ignoring.
This is what you are dancing around.
This is what proves me right and you wrong.
This is my point.
This topic isn't about Bernie Sanders.
STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT SO.
YOU LOSE.
GTFO.

WTF are you talking about??? You are not putting this into any context. I cannot read your mind. Please tell me why you are right and I am wrong and what I am wrong about thanks. Are you talking about this poll??? Then you clearly don't understand the problem with online polls.

If you have actual math that backs up this poor excuse of a poll, lay it out to me. Otherwise you have nothing but whines.

WTF are you talking about??? You are not putting this into any context. I cannot read your mind. Please tell me why you are right and I am wrong and what I am wrong about thanks. Are you talking about this poll??? Then you clearly don't understand the problem with online polls.

If you have actual math that backs up this poor excuse of a poll, lay it out to me. Otherwise you have nothing but whines.

I like how like 8 posts ago you said you were finished. Read the damn OP instead of knee-jerk Hillary apologia.

I like how like 8 posts ago you said you were finished. Read the damn OP instead of knee-jerk Hillary apologia.

:lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo

Now you are just making stuff up. Quote me where I said I was finished.
I said this poll was not reality and you are just digging yourself a brand new hole each time you revert back to it.
But if you think online polls are "math" as you say it, then you really are truly lost.

:lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo

Now you are just making stuff up. Quote me where I said I was finished.
I said this poll was not reality and you are just digging yourself a brand new hole each time you revert back to it.
But if you think online polls are "math" as you say it, then you really are truly lost.

Fine, keep posting harassing messages, and I will continue to report them.

Back
Top Bottom