• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

793 billionaires

People and most posters here don't care if 90% of the wealth of this nation is held onto the 2%, the erosion of the middle class, less quality of living than our parents, outsourcing or offshoring, heck look at this link http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=8818 and you will see many recognized names defending corporate america giving jobs away and they will excuse it with, "just find another job" like it's that simple. It amazes me on how people will let a few people stomp on them and then defend them like they are proud of increased bills, insurance, gas, products vs. the wage they recieve that doesn't change--maybe they like it. That has to be it; no, stupidity is it. The trickle down theory is a myth, you have greedy people and they will hold onto money, that was their goal all along. If they wanted to give it away, then what's stopping them? Why not the increase in wages chump?

Why are you jealous of people who are richer than you?
Did they earn it honestly? No monopoly? No under the table deals? No lobbying? Can you prove most Billionaires can? Thought not.

For those of you who think it's so easy to get another job with the same benefits-wage than the last; then what are you doing at your job? Time to start walking what u talk. Get another--but you won't? Why not? Because your talk is just mouth foam.

Last edited:
[mod mode] Moved to the best ranting spot on the web - The Basement [/mod mode]

Yes, some people have been incredibly successful and have become billionaires. Some join the military for a middle-class salary. Tough ****. You knew you weren't going to get rich when you joined the military, and no one forced you to join.

If one is for the war, then put your money towards where your mouth is; troops needs bullet vests, and see your local reserve and National Guard unit on what is needed.

Those who don't want the war, put your money where your mouth is, stop giving to the war machine; oh, but you cannot stop paying taxes? Then shut your pie hole and admit that money is over principle for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasea
Perhaps one day, when you are in a more mellow mood, you will take note of the fact that Sam Walton took advantage of the same kind of opportunity that is available to you, as did several of the others on the list.

Instead of venting your spleen over the achievements of others who have done well, why not direct your efforts to doing the same for yourself? Even if you don't make it all the way to the top, life is great just a few rungs up the economic ladder from where you happen to be.

Conflict said:
I didn't start this thread as a subjective issue so why do you attempt to make it one?

Did I say a damn thing about wal mart?

Do you really believe that you could stand against me toe to toe, firearm to firearm, survival to survival?

I grew up extremely wealthy. I will always be extremely wealty. I'm just not an *** kissing sycophant follower like yourself. You don't know me. Don't act like you do.

Sam Walton, Paul Allen, Martha Stewart, and Warren Buffet all started out with little more than a desire to succeed. You mock them and then hold out yourself as some sort of a superior being.

What else would you expect in reply?

I can get used to the basement the way I'm feeling.

I give a hats off to the moderation team form enduring my belligerance.

That **** would have gotten me banned elsewhere.

I think we should all ask our selves one simple question.

What is capitalism as it relates to a democracy?

Think critically and answer critically. That is all that I ever ****ING wanted.

Conflict said:
my mother is dead you sick piece of ****ing ****.

Maybe that's why she didn't move around very much last night.

Conflict said:
I could give a rats about who's richer. prosperity, equality, justice, liberty. freedom.

Obviously you DO give a rat's *** about who is richer, or you wouldn't be bitching about it.

Conflict said:
You wouldn't know a damn thing about any of that would you? Of course you wouldn't. Dont fret. I DO have your number. ANd don't think that I will sit idly by as your government has on such issues. If it weren't for people like me dumb****s like you would be living the marxist way of life.

If you aren't a fan of Marxism, then why do you continue this incessant bitching that you aren't the richest human being in the world?

Yes, some people have been incredibly successful and have become billionaires. Some join the military for a middle-class salary. Tough ****. You knew you weren't going to get rich when you joined the military, and no one forced you to join.
:bs

Yea, my HS counselor asked if I wanted to become a billionaire or a soldier and I choose the army because of the MRE meals; I would've became a billionaire if I choose to be.:roll:

have been incredibly successful and have become billionaires.
your saying people become only successful if rich? Sad, why the booze, drugs, affairs, power trips, ego and all the like then? No diff than the low class.

Conflict said:
That's extremely insensitive, for the first part.

THe fact of the matter is that the people, like myself, who supposedly defend our nation get ****. It's only the egocentric fat bastards that sit on the hill that reap the rewards of our sacrifice. You don't think war has anything to do with it? You think Bush did this? You believe that this furthers the prosperity fo the american people in general? Conglomeration? Monopoly? This isn't capitalism it's imperialism. I'm sorry that you cannot see this. but **** you anyway.

first, thank you for your service
second, take what you have learned, work hard and become a billionaire, or atleast rich, yourself

beyondtherim55008@yahoo.c said:
:bs

Yea, my HS counselor asked if I wanted to become a billionaire or a soldier and I choose the army because of the MRE meals; I would've became a billionaire if I choose to be.:roll:

Maybe not a billionaire, but you certainly could've chose to be rich if you wanted to. You knew you weren't going to get rich in the army. There's nothing wrong with that decision, but let's not pretend that it's unfair. You knew what you were getting into when you signed up.

your saying people become only successful if rich?

No. Improve your reading comprehension skills.

Sad, why the booze, drugs, affairs, power trips, ego and all the like then? No diff than the low class.

There aren't many self-made millionaires that abuse booze and drugs, and my experience has been that they're a lot less interested in power trips and ego than the lower-class. As for affairs, that's common to all classes and has little relevance to the subject at hand.

Conflict said:
Ummm. Support the troops. What the **** do the people that fight for our country get? ****! This is disgusting. No one person could possibly spend that many dead presidents to support their pretentious will of socialite posturing.

It sounds like someone is green with envy.

I take my *** to Iraq to fight for the American people.... yet there are dumbasses out there who do nothing more than sit in a ****ing office all day with a suit and a tie on and they are "billionaires".

The man in the suit and tie worked hard to get where is.If you want to be rich then you got to work for it.Don't get jealous over the fact that you made poor choices in life while these rich men you despise mad egreat choices.

What the ****! Does this **** seem normal? Oh, my bad, I spent over two years risking my ****ing life so that you bitch *** mother ****ers could get rich! Poor Me! Support the ****ing troops.

The rich people have nothing to with Iraq.Your jealousy sounds like failure on your part to make your life successful.Most people know the military is not a place to make money.Although I did have a command sergeant major who retired a millionaire and that is only becasue he saved almost every dollar he made in the army and he was not married.A pog(persons other than grunt) once told me that when I joined the army I picked my job and when he joined the army he picked his job and therefore I had no reason to complain that pogs got to sit around all day while infantry had to do the dirty work.

jamesrage said:

The man in the suit and tie worked hard to get where is.If you want to be rich then you got to work for it.Don't get jealous over the fact that you made poor choices in life while these rich men you despise mad egreat choices.

The rich people have nothing to with Iraq.Your jealousy sounds like failure on your part to make your life successful.Most people know the military is not a place to make money.Although I did have a command sergeant major who retired a millionaire and that is only becasue he saved almost every dollar he made in the army and he was not married.A pog(persons other than grunt) once told me that when I joined the army I picked my job and when he joined the army he picked his job and therefore I had no reason to complain that pogs got to sit around all day while infantry had to do the dirty work.

I hate to break this simple fact to some people... but I grew up in the hospitality industry. My father was an elite businessman. My mother was a model. I don't really care about money too much. I actually have a ****ing heart and a ****ing conscience. I actually have this thing we call compassion. I actually care about people other than myself. I could or never would be so rude as "kandahar". If the things were the way I wanted them I would take my ar-10 and I would put a bullet in his ****ing head when he least expected it. The lack of understanding and complete indoctrination of such a will like that is just senseless, it's the extreme opposite of ways and means. I hate people with no compassion, people who can't see past their own greed. I believe in democracy ladies and gentlemen (aka greedy ******s who sit in their fat chair while real men do their dirty work).

Kandahar. Your future is looking pretty grim. This is not a threat. It's a fact. Things happen. No I'm not threatening you. No you're not going to die by my ar-10. Anticipation is Holy my friend. I hope you believe.

Last edited:
THe fact of the matter is that the people, like myself, who supposedly defend our nation get ****. It's only the egocentric fat bastards that sit on the hill that reap the rewards of our sacrifice. You don't think war has anything to do with it? You think Bush did this? You believe that this furthers the prosperity fo the american people in general? Conglomeration? Monopoly? This isn't capitalism it's imperialism. I'm sorry that you cannot see this. but **** you anyway.
although i don't see you connection between the iraq war and this list of billionaires i see you point with regard to the people deciding to go to war not actually having to fight. in fact it reminds me of a very good song:

Come you masters of war
You that build all the guns
You that build the death planes
You that build the big bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it's your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes
And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
A world war can be won
You want me to believe
But I see through your eyes
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain

You fasten the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you set back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion
As young people's blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud

You've thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins

How much do I know
To talk out of turn
You might say that I'm young
You might say I'm unlearned
But there's one thing I know
Though I'm younger than you
Even Jesus would never
Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
And your death'll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand o'er your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead

jamesrage said:

No, the man in the suit is an *** kissing sychophant. A person who sends others to do his dirtywork. A coward. A ****ing bitch. Your bitch. Get on your knees.

****wipe said:

Support the troops! LOL. You don't support the ****ing troops you dumb bastard. Can you ****ing read?

Conflict said:
No, the man in the suit is an *** kissing sychophant. A person who sends others to do his dirtywork.

How do you know this?Have you met all 793 billionaires or are you basing this on what your parents did to get rich?

Support the troops! LOL. You don't support the ****ing troops you dumb bastard. Can you ****ing read?

Did your moomy and daddy spend all your inhertance?Is that why you ar pissed,you have to actually work for a living like the rest of us poor ****s?

People and most posters here don't care if 90% of the wealth of this nation is held onto the 2%, the erosion of the middle class, less quality of living than our parents, outsourcing or offshoring, heck look at this link http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=8818 and you will see many recognized names defending corporate america giving jobs away and they will excuse it with, "just find another job" like it's that simple. It amazes me on how people will let a few people stomp on them and then defend them like they are proud of increased bills, insurance, gas, products vs. the wage they recieve that doesn't change--maybe they like it. That has to be it; no, stupidity is it. The trickle down theory is a myth, you have greedy people and they will hold onto money, that was their goal all along. If they wanted to give it away, then what's stopping them? Why not the increase in wages chump?

Did they earn it honestly? No monopoly? No under the table deals? No lobbying? Can you prove most Billionaires can? Thought not.

For those of you who think it's so easy to get another job with the same benefits-wage than the last; then what are you doing at your job? Time to start walking what u talk. Get another--but you won't? Why not? Because your talk is just mouth foam.
YES! BILL GATES IS LIEING SACK OF **** FRAUD! YES ENRON CEOS SCREWED THEM ALL TO REAP THE BENEFITS!

But is taxation punishment no better than what they are already doing? I mean you giving stolen money to the government, which we all know the couldn't balance a budget?

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong, a tax is a fine for doing well."

Either way your "F"ed! :doh

Conflict said:
I hate to break this simple fact to some people... but I grew up in the hospitality industry. My father was an elite businessman. My mother was a model. I don't really care about money too much. I actually have a ****ing heart and a ****ing conscience. I actually have this thing we call compassion. I actually care about people other than myself. I could or never would be so rude as "kandahar". If the things were the way I wanted them I would take my ar-10 and I would put a bullet in his ****ing head when he least expected it. The lack of understanding and complete indoctrination of such a will like that is just senseless, it's the extreme opposite of ways and means. I hate people with no compassion, people who can't see past their own greed. I believe in democracy ladies and gentlemen (aka greedy ******s who sit in their fat chair while real men do their dirty work).

Kandahar. Your future is looking pretty grim. This is not a threat. It's a fact. Things happen. No I'm not threatening you. No you're not going to die by my ar-10. Anticipation is Holy my friend. I hope you believe.
What makes you think that anyone is interested in your pedigree? My pet poodle's pedigree is far superior to yours and he can express himself without having to resort to foul language.

At this point, your incessant ranting bores me. :yawn:

:kissy: Conflict, you ****ing suck. That simple. You grew up as a spoiled little rich bastard, and now you just whine and bitch about whatever because your parents were too busy to show your ugly *** any love as a child. In short, die, and feel free to tongue my taint.

Conflict said:
I hate to break this simple fact to some people... but I grew up in the hospitality industry. My father was an elite businessman. My mother was a model. I don't really care about money too much.

Then why do you keep bitching about it?

Conflict said:
I actually have a ****ing heart and a ****ing conscience. I actually have this thing we call compassion.

Haha, yeah the rest of your post really illustrates your compassion.

Conflict said:
I actually care about people other than myself. I could or never would be so rude as "kandahar". If the things were the way I wanted them I would take my ar-10 and I would put a bullet in his ****ing head when he least expected it. The lack of understanding and complete indoctrination of such a will like that is just senseless, it's the extreme opposite of ways and means. I hate people with no compassion, people who can't see past their own greed. I believe in democracy ladies and gentlemen (aka greedy ******s who sit in their fat chair while real men do their dirty work).

People who earn a lot of money do so because they know how to organize people in a productive manner. Just because they aren't doing the grunt work doesn't mean they don't deserve their earnings. If it wasn't for the organizers, people like yourself wouldn't have a job.

So they benefit, you benefit, and society benefits. Quit your bitching.

Conflict said:

I have a better idea. Get raped by a gorilla.

Simple economic placement figures. This Nation or the World can only absorb so many billionaires or millionaires; if everybody wanted to become an astronaut, and NASA has 890 openings in the next 10 years and you have 60000 applicants who all got A's in HS and College, with Diplomas, Air Force experience and the like, your still only going to have 890 people--regardless of how great everyone is--regardless of even if they all wanted to become janitors or whatever occupation. A billioniare, yes has drive, but has gotten their because everyone couldn't be a Billionaire, I bet the odds of playing a professional sport are more likely.

And no people don't join the Army for just a middle class income, look at Tillman; Tillman gave up a $1.2 million NFL contract to join the Army Rangers. Why? Because he wanted a middle class income? No idiot, because of patriotism; some join to escape the poverty from whence they were born, your bogus bs :bs claims of everyone can be a Billionaire if they just have the desire is economically impossibly and therefore your judgement is invalid.
In fact everyone cannot join the Army either, imagine the whole Nation just becoming soldiers. Wake up your ignorant mind, things don't work the way your beloved Rush Limburger or Wolf BlitzCkrieg say or whatever self Bs help guru exists.

:toilet: SUCCESS IS 80% PASSION AND DESIRE--Tell that to the 6 million jews, tell that to the people in the ghettos, tell that to the Iraqi people, tell that to all the astronauts who even though were qualified didn't get in, tell that to yourself in the mirror why you couldn't play pro ball--even though you worship it on tv; passion and desire are overridden by monopoly, laws, greed--you prove this is a free market economy dilly.

Simple economic placement figures. This Nation or the World can only absorb so many billionaires or millionaires; if everybody wanted to become an astronaut, and NASA has 890 openings in the next 10 years and you have 60000 applicants who all got A's in HS and College, with Diplomas, Air Force experience and the like, your still only going to have 890 people--regardless of how great everyone is--regardless of even if they all wanted to become janitors or whatever occupation. A billioniare, yes has drive, but has gotten their because everyone couldn't be a Billionaire, I bet the odds of playing a professional sport are more likely.

And no people don't join the Army for just a middle class income, look at Tillman; Tillman gave up a $1.2 million NFL contract to join the Army Rangers. Why? Because he wanted a middle class income? No idiot, because of patriotism; some join to escape the poverty from whence they were born, your bogus bs :bs claims of everyone can be a Billionaire if they just have the desire is economically impossibly and therefore your judgement is invalid.
In fact everyone cannot join the Army either, imagine the whole Nation just becoming soldiers. Wake up your ignorant mind, things don't work the way your beloved Rush Limburger or Wolf BlitzCkrieg say or whatever self Bs help guru exists.

:toilet: SUCCESS IS 80% PASSION AND DESIRE--Tell that to the 6 million jews, tell that to the people in the ghettos, tell that to the Iraqi people, tell that to all the astronauts who even though were qualified didn't get in, tell that to yourself in the mirror why you couldn't play pro ball--even though you worship it on tv; passion and desire are overridden by monopoly, laws, greed--you prove this is a free market economy dilly.

and yet Bill Gates went from next to nothing to the richest man
where did all his money come from?

what one man can do
another can do
if you have the drive

successful people are not the winners of lifes lottery, as the dems would have you believe

And no people don't join the Army for just a middle class income, look at Tillman; Tillman gave up a $1.2 million NFL contract to join the Army Rangers. Why? Because he wanted a middle class income? No idiot, because of patriotism;

Learn to read.

I didn't say that everyone joins because they WANT a middle class income, I said that everyone knows that that's what they'll be getting when they join.

some join to escape the poverty from whence they were born, your bogus bs :bs claims of everyone can be a Billionaire if they just have the desire is economically impossibly and therefore your judgement is invalid.

Most people can become rich if they decide to. You have yet to show how this is economically impossible. And let me stop you before you start telling me that there's a "finite amount of wealth," or any such nonsense, because it just shows that you don't understand economics in the least.

The army is a single profession that is paid by a single employer. "Billionaire" is not.

The rules for success are quite simple. The first five will swing the odds in your favor of avoiding poverty, and the last two will swing the odds of becoming wealthy in your favor. 1) Don't abuse drugs and alcohol, 2) Graduate high school, 3) Get and stay married, 4) Don't break the law, 5) Don't have kids or get married before you graduate high school.

If you want to get rich, you only need to add a couple more rules: 6) Save and invest your money, 7) Improve your communication skills so that they are better-than-average.

There. Seven simple rules. There are exceptions, of course, but the vast majority of people who follow these rules will be financially successful.

Don't believe in the free enterprise myth, why? Follow the links and you will see why. Someone mention Bill Gates? LOL I want to hear your defense of the awesome rags to riches story of BG after this enclosed read. Good luck.

http://www.google.com/search?q=amer...opoly&btnG=Search&hl=en&lr=&domains=rense.com

THE JEALOUSY EXCUSE

Q: "You're just jealous of Bill Gates and his friends. They are fabulously wealthy, and you are not. Get over it!"
A: "Tell me, do you approve of the fabulously wealthy drug cartels in South America?"
Q: "That's a bogus comparison. Drugs are illegal, software is not."
A: "All right, how about the tobacco companies. They sell a legal product, yet people are angry at them. Would you call that jealousy?"
Q: "No, but it's not the same. Smoking is hazardous, at least sometimes."
A: "So we agree that prosecution of the wealthy is not always the result of envy. Sometimes there are legitimate concerns about the quality of the products, or the tactics used by so-called "successful" people."
Q: "Yeah, but software doesn't cause cancer! Leave Bill Gates alone."
A: "The reason people are angry at the tobacco companies is not just the chemical composition of tobacco. It's because they lied to Congress, and they have sold a product that keeps people hooked in a stupor, and they have targeted children."
Q: "What does all of this have to do with Microsoft?"
A: "Not only are Microsoft products of very poor quality, but Microsoft's court testimony was an abomination -- rigged videotapes, phony denials, excuses, and doubletalk. The design of Windows targets technologically illiterate people and keeps them that way, dependent on Microsoft and unable to think for themselves. And of course Microsoft wants to swamp the schools with their products exclusively, so children will grow up incapable of using computers without Windows."
Q: "You would do the same if you had the same opportunity. It's just business."
A: "No, there are still some honest people in this world. I take pride in the quality of my work and the quality of the things I buy and sell. Societal decadence, the lowering of standards, and the spineless acceptance of deceptive business practices are no excuse for cheating people out of their hard-earned money."
Q: "Are you saying that everybody out there is stupid?"
A: "If Microsoft's shoddy products were physical objects -- such as cars, furniture, or stereos -- people would hate being forced to use them. People would be much angrier about a monopoly of products that they *knew* were bad, unlike software which fools people into blaming themselves for the problems. How else could they sell millions of books that called people "Dummies?" But sooner or later people wise up, and Microsoft is running out of suckers."

THE INNOVATION EXCUSE

Q: "Doesn't every company have the right to innovate without outside interference?"
A: "Not every company. Would you like to see a Mafia-owned pizza factory use clever new technologies to take over and monopolize the market for pizza, for example?"
Q: "That's not fair. Microsoft does not have hit men or drug dealers."
A: "We'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. But how do you feel about white-collar crimes, such as industrial espionage, consumer fraud, and extortion? If a different company in a different market engaged in such criminal enterprises, would their ability to "innovate" be a reason to grant exemption from punishment?"
Q: "Okay, fine, but every honest, decent company deserves the right to innovate freely."
A: "Good, then we agree that the right to innovate does not belong to *every* company, only to honest and decent ones. All we have to do now is draw the line."
Q: "Yes, but what does that have to do with Microsoft? You can't assume that they are crooked just because they are successful."
A: "No, but likewise, you cannot assume they are honest just because they are successful. Either assumption would be an illogical, extreme position."
Q: "But you have to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt. Innovation is too important to risk clumsy intervention by the government."
A: "Would you agree that any agency that squashed an innovative, new company should be punished?"
Q: "Yes, exactly, innovation must preserved at all costs, even if some people get away with a few shady deals."
A: "So if that agency was Microsoft, and they crushed the innovative, small companies they competed with, they should be punished?"
Q: "That's not the same thing. Microsoft creates innovations. Microsoft is an innovative company."
A: "Do you believe that a pharmaceutical company that crushed its competitors out of existence, yet found a cure for cancer, should be exempted from punishment on that basis?"
Q: "Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about! Microsoft's innovations are too valuable to ignore. Innovation must be preserved at all costs."
A: "Yet that pharmaceutical company may have put 20 other companies out of business, killing off the cures for 20 other diseases. Then we have lost 20 times the innovation we have gained. So your position is a contradiction; agencies that crush innovative companies must not be exempted from punishment, because we risk losing more innovations in the long run."
Q: "But there are economies of scale involved here. Just like pharmaceutical companies, the software industry needs powerful, gigantic companies in order to innovate. That's the only way to generate the huge amounts of capital necessary to innovate in software."
A: "That assertion is false; little companies and individual software developers can innovate without the need for huge infusions of capital. Ever hear of Linux?"
Q: "Well, you got me there."
A: "Yes, Microsoft has destroyed more innovation than they have created. If they get away this time, thousands of innovative ideas may be lost forever, or at least delayed by many years, because Microsoft will have to waste time re-inventing the wheel."

THE ECONOMY EXCUSE

Q: "The current economy is booming. Microsoft is the reason for this. Microsoft has led us to an economic paradise."
A: "First of all, the current economy is a sham. Net personal, corporate, and federal debt now exceeds $12 Trillion and is growing rapidly. The economy is built on the shaky foundation of an overheated stock market, a mountain of debt, and millions of low-wage, foreign temporary workers in the high-tech industries."
Q: "Well, I got mine. Besides, as long as Microsoft continues to grow and prosper, the stock market will do just fine. Their innovations keep everyone working."
A: "Over the last two years, the majority of the stocks are down. Most of these are down 30% or more from their highs. And in 1998, half a million white-collar workers were laid off. Microsoft products have raised costs to the point that companies must constantly borrow to keep up, which makes them targets for takeovers and acquisitions."
Q: "Give me one concrete example."
A: "In 1999, First American National Bank of Nashville, TN, took over People's Bank of Dickson, TN. However, PB used Windows, which raised FANB's integration costs. Then FANB downgraded from OS/2 to NT and tried integrating their systems with First Guaranty Bank of Mississippi. The resulting integration costs pushed FANB into the poorhouse. Now AmSouth Bank of Birmingham, AL, a strong OS/2-using bank, is buying out FANB. Banks with lower TCO systems like OS/2 will eat banks that use Windows."
Q: "Well, Microsoft products keep the economy going by keeping up the "churn" in high-tech sales."
A: "Sooner or later, you have to pay the piper. The only thing covering up all this red ink is the absurd rate of mergers & acquisitions, along with the hyperinflated stock values that result. Sooner or later, somebody has to pay for the negative return on investment."
Q: "What do you mean, "negative?" Productivity is at an all-time high!"
A: "White-collar workers now put in 49 hours a week, but they only get paid for 40. It's easy to look 25% more productive when that 25% is free labor donated by the workers."
Q: "How do you explain the low unemployment rate?"
A: "Service jobs. A bunch of high-skill, low-wage jobs like computer technician and software tech support. Since 1992, every net new job in the L.A. basin pays less than $12 an hour. You ever try to feed a family in L.A. on $12 an hour?"
Q: "So you're saying Microsoft has got all the economists snookered?"
A: "Economists are no smarter than anyone else. Microsoft has done a great job of fooling almost everyone. But you can't fool all the people all the time."

continued on:
http://www.os2hq.com/archives/arch26.htm

THE JEALOUSY EXCUSE

It is jealousy.It is the have nots wanting what haves have.

Q: "You're just jealous of Bill Gates and his friends. They are fabulously wealthy, and you are not. Get over it!"

That is so true.

A: "Tell me, do you approve of the fabulously wealthy drug cartels in South America?"
Q: "That's a bogus comparison. Drugs are illegal, software is not."
A: "All right, how about the tobacco companies. They sell a legal product, yet people are angry at them. Would you call that jealousy?"
Q: "No, but it's not the same. Smoking is hazardous, at least sometimes."
Smoking is a legal product.If you do not like tobacco products go bitch to your senator and congressmen.

A: "So we agree that prosecution of the wealthy is not always the result of envy. Sometimes there are legitimate concerns about the quality of the products, or the tactics used by so-called "successful" people."

When it comes to anti-capitalist, their concernes are never legtimate.

:2bigcry: Bill Gates has so much money and I have none:2bigcry:Oh why couldn't I have that money:2bigcry:He should share.It should be illegal for someone to earn that much money, I want the government to steal his money and give some to me:2bigcry:whoa is me

Q: "Yeah, but software doesn't cause cancer! Leave Bill Gates alone."
A: "The reason people are angry at the tobacco companies is not just the chemical composition of tobacco. It's because they lied to Congress, and they have sold a product that keeps people hooked in a stupor, and they have targeted children."

People are not attacking to the tobacco companies becasue they are rich.Whiny bit<h a$$ anti-capitalist target the rich because the rich has money and they don't.

Q: "What does all of this have to do with Microsoft?"
A: "Not only are Microsoft products of very poor quality, but Microsoft's court testimony was an abomination -- rigged videotapes, phony denials, excuses, and doubletalk. The design of Windows targets technologically illiterate people and keeps them that way, dependent on Microsoft and unable to think for themselves. And of course Microsoft wants to swamp the schools with their products exclusively, so children will grow up incapable of using computers without Windows."

No one force anyone to use windows.I like windows XP.Linux is for someone with too much time on their hands

Q: "You would do the same if you had the same opportunity. It's just business."

this is a correct statement.If you made a product,you would want to make money off it.
A: "No, there are still some honest people in this world.
Honest people do not act like whiny little punk bit<hes becasue someone has more money than they do.

I take pride in the quality of my work and the quality of the things I buy and sell.

Sure you do.

Societal decadence, the lowering of standards, and the spineless acceptance of deceptive business practices are no excuse for cheating people out of their hard-earned money."
Q: "Are you saying that everybody out there is stupid?"
A: "If Microsoft's shoddy products were physical objects -- such as cars, furniture, or stereos -- people would hate being forced to use them. People would be much angrier about a monopoly of products that they *knew* were bad, unlike software which fools people into blaming themselves for the problems. How else could they sell millions of books that called people "Dummies?" But sooner or later people wise up, and Microsoft is running out of suckers."

If I do not want to buy microsoft windows I do not have to buy it,I can download half a dozen flavors of linux for free and some of them come with wine(windows emulator).Some flavors of linux do not have to be installed on my pc,I can use USB or live cd.

THE INNOVATION EXCUSE
Q: "Doesn't every company have the right to innovate without outside interference?"

yes they do.

A: "Not every company. Would you like to see a Mafia-owned pizza factory use clever new technologies to take over and monopolize the market for pizza, for example?"

A mafia owned pizza company is not a legitamte business.

Q: "That's not fair. Microsoft does not have hit men or drug dealers."
A: "We'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. But how do you feel about white-collar crimes, such as industrial espionage, consumer fraud, and extortion? If a different company in a different market engaged in such criminal enterprises, would their ability to "innovate" be a reason to grant exemption from punishment?"
Q: "Okay, fine, but every honest, decent company deserves the right to innovate freely."

snip...
continued on:

Anti-capilaist are such whiny bit<h a$$ punks.

Don't believe in the free enterprise myth, why? Follow the links and you will see why. Someone mention Bill Gates? LOL I want to hear your defense of the awesome rags to riches story of BG after this enclosed read. Good luck.

http://www.google.com/search?q=american+free+enterprise+myth+and+monopoly&btnG=Search&hl=en&lr=&domains=rense.com

THE JEALOUSY EXCUSE

BLAH BLAH BLAH

THE INNOVATION EXCUSE

BLAH BLAH BLAH

THE ECONOMY EXCUSE

BLAH BLAH BLAH
continued on:

:2bigcry: :2bigcry: :2bigcry:

keep on crying because you failed to make anything of your life
IT MUST BE everybody elses fault. NOT YOURS
The only reason somebody like you can not make it in the world MUST BE because the others are scumbags :roll:

Back
Top Bottom