• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

75 Texas Tech football players have tested positive for COVID since June

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Texas Tech football has had 75 COVID-19 cases

"Texas Tech announced on Monday that five more football players have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of cases on the team to 75 since testing started in June, according to multiple reports."

Hell, that's close to the entire team.

Young and indestructible. We all have been there.

Texas Tech football has had 75 COVID-19 cases
"Texas Tech announced on Monday that five more football players have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of cases on the team to 75 since testing started in June, according to multiple reports."
Hell, that's close to the entire team.

"... Six of the cases are active, with 69 players having been cleared from their initial bout with the coronavirus. The 75 cases on the football team account for nearly two-thirds of the 116 cases among all student-athletes at Texas Tech. Twenty-two student-athletes outside of the football team have active cases.

As of Monday, the Texas Tech football roster listed 123 players. ..."

Presently 6 active cases. Where is the story? :lamo

"... Six of the cases are active, with 69 players having been cleared from their initial bout with the coronavirus. The 75 cases on the football team account for nearly two-thirds of the 116 cases among all student-athletes at Texas Tech. Twenty-two student-athletes outside of the football team have active cases.

As of Monday, the Texas Tech football roster listed 123 players. ..."

Presently 6 active cases. Where is the story? :lamo

yeah, 75 positive cases on an 85 man roster isn't much.

everybody did not... 6 active cases..
What's the big deal ?

75 since June.

Are you thinking maybe they're just reinfecting the same 6 people over and over?

LOL

6 active
69 cleared
123 players total

I stand corrected. A normal college football roster is normally 85 schollys.

I wasn't counting the obvious red shirts and non scholarship players.

I stand corrected. A normal college football roster is normally 85 schollys.
I wasn't counting the obvious red shirts and non scholarship players.

You didn't need to count; the info was given in the first few sentences.

75 since June.

Are you thinking maybe they're just reinfecting the same 6 people over and over?

LOL

doubt it but strange things happen.... anyway..How many deaths have happened ? 75 down with 48 left to go; then they won't need to worry about it.

So, what is the point of your thread ?
Dumb football players .. Texans ... possibly Trump supporters ... Trump's fault ?
where you going with this?
Do You get paid per post ?

doubt it but strange things happen.... anyway..How many deaths have happened ? 75 down with 48 left to go; then they won't need to worry about it.

So, what is the point of your thread ?
Dumb football players .. Texans ... possibly Trump supporters ... Trump's fault ?
where you going with this?
Do You get paid per post ?

The point is I haven't seen that many players infected on one team reported yet.

But give LSU some time. Their coach said today that most of their players had been infected.

And none of the teams are reporting if any of the players took the infections home (or if they're going home). So we probably won't know about any deaths.

That would seem to show they're pretty damn incompetent, no?

I'm now curious to see who had more COVID infected players. Texas Tech or LSU.

I'm also curious about support staff and coaches. But I doubt they'll release that information.

I'm now curious to see who had more COVID infected players. Texas Tech or LSU.

I'm also curious about support staff and coaches. But I doubt they'll release that information.
Those are both top ranked national programs. How the hell did they screw this up?

Those are both top ranked national programs. How the hell did they screw this up?

the SEC is very interesting to me at the moment. i don't think any teams have played yet, Coach O said today that "most" his LSU players have been infected, Alabama had that big outbreak on campus and the conference geographically is in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina, Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri (did i miss anyone?).

Young and indestructible. We all have been there.

But they aren’t indestructible. Studies show athletes (and others) who exercise when they are recovering from Covid 19.

If You've Just Had Covid, Exercise Might Not Be Good for You

A growing number of studies are raising concerns about the coronavirus’ long-term effects on the heart. Athletes especially need to heed the warnings.

But now, evidence is emerging that the virus can cause heart damage even in people who’ve had mild symptoms or none at all, especially if those people exercise while they’re infected.

Last month, when league commissioners from the Big Ten and Pac-12 college conferences announced they would be postponing the 2020 fall sports season, one of the major factors they cited were concerns over something called myocarditis. [/B ]That’s cardiologist-speak for what happens when the muscular walls of the heart become inflamed, weakening the organ and making it more difficult for it to pump blood.

If You'''ve Just Had Covid, Exercise Can Cause Serious Complications, Including Heart Disease | WIRED

Last edited:
6 ... SIX ... active cases ! So What !?

So what? So that's why the R's are going to lose, that so what attitude towards anyone not republican. Trump and his supporters make it perfectly clear you only care about yourselves.

So what? So that's why the R's are going to lose, that so what attitude towards anyone not republican. Trump and his supporters make it perfectly clear you only care about yourselves.

it's baffling to watch Republicans watch Republicans die.

Back
Top Bottom