• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

747could've dropped 200tons food&medicine, used insted to fly evolutionary throwbak W

robin

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Incredible how inept Bush is isn't it.
The US can move an army 6000 miles away to fight terror in the wrong country but it can't help people on it's doorstep.
Reason = it's commander in chief is an evolutionary throwback & an illiterate cretin !

Duh... have you not seen W on Airforce one ?

robin said:

Babies are dying and you don't even live here and you are trying to make this a partisan political issue..........Yous hould be ashamed of yourself.......

robin said:
How does this relate to your subject?
Incredible how inept Bush is isn't it.
The US can move an army 6000 miles away to fight terror in the wrong country but it can't help people on it's doorstep.
Reason = it's commander in chief is an evolutionary throwback & an illiterate cretin !

Re: 747could've dropped 200tons food&medicine, used insted to fly evolutionary throwb

Yep, it is sad how folks will complain about anything.

Shouldn't have put them in the dome!
If they didn't: Why didn't you put them in the dome? Incompetince!!

BTW, if they did drop the food and medicine from a 747 as was indicated in the OP, it would have had discentary and fecal matter all over it as soon as it hit the water.

Re: 747could've dropped 200tons food&medicine, used insted to fly evolutionary throwb

vauge said:
Yep, it is sad how folks will complain about anything.

Shouldn't have put them in the dome!
If they didn't: Why didn't you put them in the dome? Incompetince!!

BTW, if they did drop the food and medicine from a 747 as was indicated in the OP, it would have had discentary and fecal matter all over it as soon as it hit the water.
You Rock vauge!

Ill tell you what, you Bush apologists must have a pretty low opinion of America. Because you seem to find any excuse you can find to defend your man’s abysmal performance on this one.

This is America by God, this is the greatest nation in the history of civilization, this country put a man on the moon, as Reagan put it, we are that Shinning City on a Hill. I know that my country, this nation that I love, that if this great nation has people still stranded in New Orleans dieing many with out even food and water after 5 days, that it aint the fault of its nation or its people out there in the front lines busting their ass trying to help the people down there, but rather it’s the incompetence of those who are running things. It looks like you would rather sell out our great nation short than admit that your man in the Whitehouse has been completely incompetent and that incompetence is an absolute disgrace to this entire nation.

The way I see it, there is plenty of blame to go around, and it concerns preparedness for what was eventually to come. You can blame a Republican president, a Democratic governor, and a Democratic mayor for not taking the proper steps in previous years. Interesting how none of the 3 is choosing to take any responsibility whatsoever.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Ill tell you what, you Bush apologists must have a pretty low opinion of America. Because you seem to find any excuse you can find to defend your man’s abysmal performance on this one.

This is America by God, this is the greatest nation in the history of civilization, this country put a man on the moon, as Reagan put it, we are that Shinning City on a Hill. I know that my country, this nation that I love, that if this great nation has people still stranded in New Orleans dieing many with out even food and water after 5 days, that it aint the fault of its nation or its people out there in the front lines busting their ass trying to help the people down there, but rather it’s the incompetence of those who are running things. It looks like you would rather sell out our great nation short than admit that your man in the Whitehouse has been completely incompetent and that incompetence is an absolute disgrace to this entire nation.
Trust me I was born in Shreport Louisiana. I know the people in Louisiana! The people that are complaining about us taking care of them, rob each other when their are funerals. It's a well known fact, because everything in the south, isn't in secrets. Everyone knows something about you! Yes I do agree with you that New Orleans mayor didn't get them out of their to start with. Bush has nothing to do of how "New Orleans" Administrators handled things, the only thing Bush can do is give aid, and try to keep it from being caos.

Last edited:
danarhea said:
The way I see it, there is plenty of blame to go around, and it concerns preparedness for what was eventually to come. You can blame a Republican president, a Democratic governor, and a Democratic mayor for not taking the proper steps in previous years. Interesting how none of the 3 is choosing to take any responsibility whatsoever.
Good points! :mrgreen:

This seems to be a rant rather than a debate. Off to the Basement

Why is blame necessary? It's a natural disaster and instead of finger pointing, people should be helping. Even if it's just well wishes.

Get off of the soap box...

VTA said:
Why is blame necessary? It's a natural disaster and instead of finger pointing, people should be helping. Even if it's just well wishes.

Get off of the soap box...

I could not agree more.......Its a time to pull together and get things fixed, not to play partisan politics with a disaster.............Some people have no shame........

SouthernDemocrat said:

I guarantee you this....

"Bush apologists" will STOP defending the President on every stupid issue the SECOND "Bush haters" stop ATTACKING him on every stupid issue...

This is just another example...and a poor one at that....

Southern Democrat Said:
"we are that Shinning City on a Hill."

I cracked up. Here's why: Remember The Simpson's Halloween Episode involving the janitor, entitled The Shinning? Gah, that was good.

Shining. Yeah.

Quid Pro Quo said:
Southern Democrat Said:
"we are that Shinning City on a Hill."

I cracked up. Here's why: Remember The Simpson's Halloween Episode involving the janitor, entitled The Shinning? Gah, that was good.

Shining. Yeah.

Bart: What's haggis?
Willy: [gasps] Boy...you read my thoughts! You've got the Shinning.
Bart: You mean "Shining".
Willy: [sotto voce] Shh! You want to get sued?

:lol: :lol:

Navy Pride said:
Babies are dying and you don't even live here and you are trying to make this a partisan political issue..........Yous hould be ashamed of yourself.......

The babies wouldn't be dying if the people hadn't been abandoned. Besides, what does living in the US have to do with anything? You don't live in Iraq.

I don't blame Bush. I blame the system in general. Things have got to improved in case it ever happens again.

cnredd said:
I guarantee you this....

"Bush apologists" will STOP defending the President on every stupid issue the SECOND "Bush haters" stop ATTACKING him on every stupid issue...

This is just another example...and a poor one at that....
:bravo: Agreed!

stsburns said:
:bravo: Agreed!

I'm good like that.:2wave:

danarhea said:

The blame for Bush on this one is why did he take so long in realizing that the La. Govenor fuc*ked this up big time.

vergiss said:
The babies wouldn't be dying if the people hadn't been abandoned. Besides, what does living in the US have to do with anything? You don't live in Iraq.

I don't blame Bush. I blame the system in general. Things have got to improved in case it ever happens again.

They opted to stay, and they paid dearly for it

Back
Top Bottom