• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

72 Shot in Chicago in Wave of Holiday Weekend Violence

Has nothing to do with my Illinois gun Post. Guzzle your own pitcher/picture. And it was a Federal Appeals decision I agree with. Bite down hard.

Ah, I apologize. I misread your stance.

If this happened in Rocky Point Mexico the news would be screaming a warning to not travel to mexico. And that is if it happened once. All day every day in Chicago, I just can't imagine living in that kind of cesspool.

I have to say that Chicago is a beautiful city, very much vibrant and alive, and this is not indicative of the entire city and it should not be described as a "cesspool". There are many problems in Chicago, as with many large cities, but I'd gladly visit again whereas many parts of Mexico are just plain stupid to visit unless you have a deathwish.

Yes, and you will beat them back again, just as you did with Newtown. What upsets me is the lack of similar outrage this past weekend.

There were kids shot also in Chicago and their families are grieving. It wasn't the same gruesomeness, but they are still dead.

We must clean out the Gangs once and for all. I've proposed selective/gradual/block-to-block Martial law. We know where they are and we know the high density gun crime areas, thanks to the Tribune.

It's not a bad idea - here in Toronto, we recently had a significant SWAT raid of a social housing apartment building and a couple of other locations known for gun violence and the drug trade where over 1,000 police officers flooded the building and cleaned out the scum along with their illegal guns, their illegal drugs, their illicit profits from those illegal activities and the law abiding residents of this building were cheering and blessing the police for helping them reattain a safe home that everyone deserves, regardless of their social situation.

YOu apparently have very little understanding of gun shows. Do you think that the laws are different at gun shows than other places you might buy a gun?

Sure they are, you can buy a gun at a gun show with no questions asked. All you need is cash. Walk in on the last day of a show about an hour or so before they close and get all kinds of good deals.

Hey, looky who joined the party, Mr Pro-Gun himself. Tell me, what's the definition of "infringed"?

I guess you had your feelings jostled by my post shining the spotlight upon your hate filled motivations.

I guess you had your feelings jostled by my post shining the spotlight upon your hate filled motivations.

Actually, I would consider the hate filled one to be he who argues for the initiation of violence against the person and property of his fellow man.

No one will ever infringe again, be assured. Now about a little help from our gun owner friends to the right-of-center. What are we to do about all of this gun violence in "ALL" of "our" cities, not just Chicago?

Nothing. We do something about the violence problem.

Yes, and you will beat them back again, just as you did with Newtown. What upsets me is the lack of similar outrage this past weekend.

There were kids shot also in Chicago and their families are grieving. It wasn't the same gruesomeness, but they are still dead.

We must clean out the Gangs once and for all. I've proposed selective/gradual/block-to-block Martial law. We know where they are and we know the high density gun crime areas, thanks to the Tribune.

the best way to get rid of gangs is to get rid of the silly war on drugs and the encouragement certain groups get to spawn children with multiple baby moms

Yeah, we see what happens when people have guns and are in close proximity, they shoot each other. Thanks for showing us.

that only appears to apply mainly to blacks in cities run by Democrats.

Sure they are, you can buy a gun at a gun show with no questions asked. All you need is cash. Walk in on the last day of a show about an hour or so before they close and get all kinds of good deals.

Again you demonstrate a rather low level of understanding of reality. Its illegal for a dealer to sell a gun without conducting the brady check and its illegal for a non-dealer to sell a gun to anyone who does not reside in the same state they do.

so you are just making stuff up. remind us how many gun shows you have gone to.

Me 100's including at least a couple dozens where I was working for a licensed dealer

Actually, I would consider the hate filled one to be he who argues for the initiation of violence against the person and property of his fellow man.

I would consider the greater evil to be the hypocrite who rants and rails about such things but enjoys the very benefits of what he pretends to object to.

I would consider the greater evil to be the hypocrite who rants and rails about such things but enjoys the very benefits of what he pretends to object to.

"Pretends to object"? Are you claiming that I am not actually arguing against the initiation of violence against person and property? I think you're mistaken.

I'm the one who argues AGAINST policies that initiate violence against person and property.

You are the one who argues FOR policies that initiate violence against person and property.

the best way to get rid of gangs is to get rid of the silly war on drugs and the encouragement certain groups get to spawn children with multiple baby moms

Yet if these moms you speak of have abortions, that spawns another issue. To stop pregnancies, there's that social engineering stuff.

"Pretends to object"? Are you claiming that I am not actually arguing against the initiation of violence against person and property? I think you're mistaken.

I'm the one who argues AGAINST policies that initiate violence against person and property.

You are the one who argues FOR policies that initiate violence against person and property.

You certainly do not live by the words you type. Judge a man by his actions not by his cheap words.

72 Shot in Chicago in Wave of Holiday Weekend Violence | NBC Chicago

But....but...but doesn't Chicago have laws against guns? And it looks like great police work too. :roll:

I think we need to just dump more guns into these welfare areas. They are not doing such a good job with the ones they have. 72 shot, if they maintain that average, that is only 3744 Liberals shot a year and only 624 Liberals dead a year. That is assuming of course that it stays in mostly welfare liberal areas and they continue killing each other. Sadly, 624 is not going to make a significant dent or difference. So lets send them many more guns and a lot more ammo. They need a much higher rate of liberals killing liberals to make a real difference there.

You certainly do not live by the words you type. Judge a man by his actions not by his cheap words.

Are you attacking me personally, or attacking my argument?

I argue AGAINST policies that initiation violence against person and property.

You argue FOR policies that initiate violence against person and property.

Anyone that knows Chicago knows what Cabreenie Green was. The police eventually stopped responding to calls there. Yet today the number of shootings continues so is it guns, poverty, culture or what?

What about this big red cities that also have high murder rates?

i beleive you will find that most of those commiting the murders are "natural born and life long democrats"

So what's the big deal? It's only 72 people over a weekend. That would be a slow day at the abortion clinic. Consider those 72 late term abortions and there is no story.

No one will ever infringe again, be assured. Now about a little help from our gun owner friends to the right-of-center. What are we to do about all of this gun violence in "ALL" of "our" cities, not just Chicago?

Look for actual solutions and not blaming an object would be a good start. Better education leads to less crime. Stricter punishments for murdering someone or for attempted murder. The Death Penalty should be used more. Make it easier to put crazy people in the looney bin. Restrict the CPS to only go after case of actual child abuse...not people that simply spank thier children a couple times on the butt.

And most of all...instill a sense of responsibility in people.

Yeah, we see what happens when people have guns and are in close proximity, they shoot each other. Thanks for showing us.

:roll: Don't know where you get your info from but just for one example: Idaho has lots of guns in it yet in 2011 only 34 people were murdered in the whole state. Assuming that each of those murders happened with a gun...well...you have no leg to stand on.

The sad part about this discussion is that availability of abortion has been shown to impact crime more than the availability of firearms. I wonder why that is?

Back
Top Bottom