• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

72 Shot in Chicago in Wave of Holiday Weekend Violence

Some see this as an oppertune moment to promote their own personal agendas and opinions regarding gun control.

I see it as a localized society that is truly hell on earth, gnashing of the teeth, hell-fire, cess pool of dispair, miserable and non-socially redeemable human cockroaches running amuk with complete disregard for their life or the lives of others. Guns have nothing to do with it really. Spears and knives would fill the void, if guns were all removed from the equation. Guns just make it easier.

st.louis and memphis are cities in red states, and they have high crime rates according to your own source

Cities that happen to be in red states are not red cities! St. Louis, MO mayor Francis G. Slay is a Democrat. Memphis, TN mayor A. C. Wharton is a Democrat, featuring Obama on his facebook page, no less. Red states contain many big blue cities, thus the U.S. Senate is not red.

72 Shot in Chicago in Wave of Holiday Weekend Violence | NBC Chicago

But....but...but doesn't Chicago have laws against guns? And it looks like great police work too. :roll:

Takes a lot of class for you and your RIPtards to laugh at MY state while many of these killed and injured were kids, jerk.

Friday June 14--City targets gang leaders--23 alleged higher-ups of violent Black Souls snared by new state RICO law.

We "normal" people want concealed-carry in Chicago. The Sunday Chicago Tribune shows the density of shootings in the last 6 months. This is where I feel we need Martial Law. And we don't need you constitutional obfuscaters preventing action.

Last edited:
if all of illinios followed the same set of gun laws as Chicago.. oh wait it does not.
Chicago is stricter than the state overall, but Illinois in general is not a second amendment friendly state.

Some see this as an oppertune moment to promote their own personal agendas and opinions regarding gun control.

I see it as a localized society that is truly hell on earth, gnashing of the teeth, hell-fire, cess pool of dispair, miserable and non-socially redeemable human cockroaches running amuk with complete disregard for their life or the lives of others. Guns have nothing to do with it really. Spears and knives would fill the void, if guns were all removed from the equation. Guns just make it easier.
Overall that is true, and even in high crime cities the violence tends to focus on specific zones, usually turf wars between gangs or related to other illicit activity. The big thing though is the trend does tend to be heavily concentrated in blue areas(that's simple observation, not an agenda item or political commentary on my part per se).

Chicago is stricter than the state overall, but Illinois in general is not a second amendment friendly state.

Our state is in flux. The legislature meets this week to override and/or take up the amendatory veto by Quinn. If you went by geographical area, which is all that counts in war, we are a very friendly gun state. You 2nd amendment crusaders have done a great job framing the issues. You have nothing to worry about from a new Constitution.

Having lived in Chicago proper for a year and spending the rest of my life so far in the suburbs, I can contribute two things to this discussion.

First, nightly crime waves like this are quite common in the ghettoes here.

Second, many areas of the city, even in the notorious South Side, are not the crime-ridden dumps the media would like you to believe. For example, the Hyde Park neighborhood is home to the University of Chicago and in my experience is relatively safe. However Chicago, like many large cities, is indeed surrounded by slums with well-deserved bad reputations.

Our state is in flux. The legislature meets this week to override and/or take up the amendatory veto by Quinn. If you went by geographical area, which is all that counts in war, we are a very friendly gun state. You 2nd amendment crusaders have done a great job framing the issues. You have nothing to worry about from a new Constitution.
Sorry, you are wrong. Illinois is behind the times in gun law, states are going towards more second protections and your governor is actively fighting the will of the state, which already has lost numerous SCOTUS battles(not that I give them credibility, but legally those decisions count post Marbury).

There will be blood in the streets if we approve Concealed Carry....oh, wait.....there already is.....never mind.

what is amazing is all the sheeple and the gun hating turds in the media who never ever point out the fact that the anti gun talking heads not only are lousy predictors, they are essentially liars

you might cut emotobabbling boobs like Sarah Brady and Carolyn McCarthy some slack when they first claimed that CCW laws or the end of the Clintoon gun ban would lead to increased violence. But state after state after state allowed concealed weapons and saw NONE of the nastiness those ubertwits predicted and the Expiration of the Clintoon gun ban did not lead in Saint Valentine's day massacres every week

we can no longer attribute their idiot rants to ignorance THEY KNOW DAMN WELL THEIR PREDICTIONS are not made in good faith

They are damn liars, nothing more

I wonder how many of these guns were bought from a gun show

YOu apparently have very little understanding of gun shows. Do you think that the laws are different at gun shows than other places you might buy a gun?

Bull****.

No FOID cards in OH, and no laws broken that required SCOTUS intervention.

Better take another sip....

km_picture_new.jpg

Bull****.

No FOID cards in OH, and no laws broken that required SCOTUS intervention.

View attachment 67150074

Has nothing to do with my Illinois gun Post. Guzzle your own pitcher/picture. And it was a Federal Appeals decision I agree with. Bite down hard.

Sorry, you are wrong. Illinois is behind the times in gun law, states are going towards more second protections and your governor is actively fighting the will of the state, which already has lost numerous SCOTUS battles(not that I give them credibility, but legally those decisions count post Marbury).

Stay tuned. The Legislature meets tomorrow. We need to catch up with the times.

Stay tuned. The Legislature meets tomorrow. We need to catch up with the times.
Well, it doesn't effect me directly if it's just your state/local but I'm hoping so for the sake of the overall second amendment and the people of your state. I don't like the power play Quinn tried to pull there, we'll see what happens like you said.

Well, it doesn't effect me directly if it's just your state/local but I'm hoping so for the sake of the overall second amendment and the people of your state. I don't like the power play Quinn tried to pull there, we'll see what happens like you said.

The politics are complicated for him. He has Madigan's daughter and Daley's brother ready to primary him. Reciprocity is an issue for those from out-of-state. This is why I believe in zones, for a specific scenario, but a National CC law that takes him off the hook.

The politics are complicated for him. He has Madigan's daughter and Daley's brother ready to primary him. Reciprocity is an issue for those from out-of-state. This is why I believe in zones, for a specific scenario, but a National CC law that takes him off the hook.
The federal shouldn't get into gun control, they have no authority. The states are prohibited that as well, but we've compromised on CCW, honestly reciprocity should be a given but there is no easy answer. Honestly, if Quinn doesn't have the spine to stand on his real principles, he like any politician should be replaced.

Since they weren't cute little kids in a classroom in suburbia these killings don't count when discussing "reasonable" gun control. "Reasonable" discussion can only be had when supported by mass hysteria.

Common sense gun laws like registration and background checks would have stopped this cold. :roll: Wait, since you can't get a gun this wouldn't help right?

Oh goodie. Another chance for the far right to get their merit badges by mocking Chicago - a city which spawned the great Satan and is the perpetual target of extremist hatred. :doh:roll:

Hey, looky who joined the party, Mr Pro-Gun himself. Tell me, what's the definition of "infringed"?

Hey, looky who joined the party, Mr Pro-Gun himself. Tell me, what's the definition of "infringed"?

He will infringe on all of our rights to sanity.

No one will ever infringe again, be assured. Now about a little help from our gun owner friends to the right-of-center. What are we to do about all of this gun violence in "ALL" of "our" cities, not just Chicago?

He will infringe on all of our rights to sanity.

No one will ever infringe again, be assured. Now about a little help from our gun owner friends to the right-of-center. What are we to do about all of this gun violence in "ALL" of "our" cities, not just Chicago?

that's just plain whacky NIMBY. we get another massacre of cute white suburban children and the anti gun harpies will be bathing in the blood screaming to ban whatever gun was used.

that's just plain whacky NIMBY. we get another massacre of cute white suburban children and the anti gun harpies will be bathing in the blood screaming to ban whatever gun was used.

Yes, and you will beat them back again, just as you did with Newtown. What upsets me is the lack of similar outrage this past weekend.

There were kids shot also in Chicago and their families are grieving. It wasn't the same gruesomeness, but they are still dead.

We must clean out the Gangs once and for all. I've proposed selective/gradual/block-to-block Martial law. We know where they are and we know the high density gun crime areas, thanks to the Tribune.

I am an avid supporter of the 2nd Amendment and believe all cities should allow CCW. That said, I don’t think you can use the gun violence in any given city as evidence against the effectiveness of gun control. I don’t think you can compare city level, or even state level, gun control to federal level gun control. It is way too easy to simply drive to a city with less strict gun control to side step your own city’s more strict policies.

I am not in favor of stricter gun control, I just find that particular line of reasoning lacking.

Back
Top Bottom