• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

7 year old will have a lifetime story; how tRump exposed the santa myth to him

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
“Are you still a believer in Santa Claus?” Trump asked a 7-year-old named Coleman.
“‘Cuz at 7 it’s marginal, right?” the president wondered.

The commander-in-chief was answering calls to NORAD’s Santa Tracker on Christmas Eve ...

that kid will grow up able to recall that on Christmas eve, when he was a 7 year old, was advised of the Santa myth by president tRump

ZERO self awareness. as if a 7 year old would call about Norad spotting Santa while being a disbeliever

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/tr...old-believing-santa-christmas-eve-phone-call/

Imo norads duty to track santa in an essential responsibility of gov. His welfare is a national moral imperative. Its more important than the wall and pre existing conditions.

Its SANTA

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This...this...has to be the one time he tells the truth: telling a 7 year old kid that Santa isn’t real. Because of course.

Of course, if he’d confirmed that Santa existed, the headline the next day would be “Trump Lies to Child.” :lol:

Of course, if he’d confirmed that Santa existed, the headline the next day would be “Trump Lies to Child.” :lol:

The anti Trump crowd searches far and wide to find things to complain about

The anti Trump crowd searches far and wide to find things to complain about

i agree that this is de minimis in the grand scheme of things. and it could be fairly said that i am no fan of the current white house occupant
however, tRump's inability to keep the Santa myth concealed from a kid who is calling in, excited about sighting reports of Santa and the reindeer, is telling about the man and his significant limitations

my wife chuckled at Cardinal's observation that of all times for tRump to be a truth-teller, this was not it

To be real, it’s not like Trump makes it difficult.

I made the same point about the Birthers and Obama. There was no need to engage in silly conspiracy theories about where Obama was born when there were plenty of good reasons to oppose his presidency.

i agree that this is de minimis in the grand scheme of things. and it could be fairly said that i am no fan of the current white house occupant
however, tRump's inability to keep the Santa myth concealed from a kid who is calling in, excited about sighting reports of Santa and the reindeer, is telling about the man and his significant limitations

my wife chuckled at Cardinal's observation that of all times for tRump to be a truth-teller, this was not it

I agree with that-if the kid was say in his teens, it might be another matter

“Are you still a believer in Santa Claus?” Trump asked a 7-year-old named Coleman.
“‘Cuz at 7 it’s marginal, right?” the president wondered.

that kid will grow up able to recall that on Christmas eve, when he was a 7 year old, was advised of the Santa myth by president tRump

ZERO self awareness. as if a 7 year old would call about Norad spotting Santa while being a disbeliever

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/tr...old-believing-santa-christmas-eve-phone-call/

Red:
Who talks to seven-year-olds about "marginality?"

I made the same point about the Birthers and Obama. There was no need to engage in silly conspiracy theories about where Obama was born when there were plenty of good reasons to oppose his presidency.

Conspiracy theories are ridiculous, especially since the truth is obvious. The “child” is clearly an FBI agent trying to catch Trump in a perjury trap.

Conspiracy theories are ridiculous, especially since the truth is obvious. The “child” is clearly an FBI agent trying to catch Trum is a perjury trap.

uh no.....

Red:

Depends on the subject. Children know more and less than you think. Thats what I have found.

Wow, they're this desperate for a story now?

It would be desperate if we had to go digging for stories like this.

But we don't have to dig. Trump generates 8 levels of stupidity every day. Supposedly that is his plan. Supposedly all this stupidity and outrageous behavior is him controlling the media and supposedly he has us right where he wants us.

So the media reports on his stupidity -- just like he supposedly planned when he hung it all out there like ripe fruit for the picking -- and you call it desperation.

Get your story straight. We're giving Trump the attention he wants. If he didn't want attention for his asshattery, he could stop it any time.

Wow, they're this desperate for a story now?

the president of the USA ****ed up a call to a 7 year old kid, trying to convince him Santa is a myth
this foible says a lot about the person occupying the white house

It would be desperate if we had to go digging for stories like this.

But we don't have to dig. Trump generates 8 levels of stupidity every day. Supposedly that is his plan. Supposedly all this stupidity and outrageous behavior is him controlling the media and supposedly he has us right where he wants us.

So the media reports on his stupidity -- just like he supposedly planned when he hung it all out there like ripe fruit for the picking -- and you call it desperation.

Get your story straight. We're giving Trump the attention he wants. If he didn't want attention for his asshattery, he could stop it any time.

If you want my opinion on who is acting more like an asshat, it would be the people who keep writing this. Because given how much we've had news outlets like this either stretch the truth, or even outright lie about Trump in the last two years. I really have no reason to believe this article.

I would like to say that I would willingly give them the benefit of the doubt. But given their behavior that's just not in the cards currently.

If you want my opinion on who is acting more like an asshat, it would be the people who keep writing this. Because given how much we've had news outlets like this either stretch the truth, or even outright lie about Trump in the last two years. I really have no reason to believe this article.

I would like to say that I would willingly give them the benefit of the doubt. But given their behavior that's just not in the cards currently.

because it is not flattering of the president you would prefer not to believe it

your choice. not a very rational one, but yours to make

the president of the USA ****ed up a call to a 7 year old kid, trying to convince him Santa is a myth
this foible says a lot about the person occupying the white house

No he supposedly answered a call. A call from someone who is currently believed to be a 7 year old and given the way most of these news sources have been acting over the last two years. I'm highly suspect that this event truly happened the way we're being told at all.

It's a sad excuse for news. Isn't' there an actual story somewhere that they can find?
But groups like this are trying their hardest to ride the "**** trump" bandwagon and more than enough idiots are ready and willing to slurp it up through a straw. I got sick of this same shtick when labels kept on with that birther crap through 2009. Or pointing out all of the stupid things that Obama did. Like saluting with a damn coffee cup in his hand, or some crap like that.

This isn't news, this is spite and only the petty would be interested in it.

because it is not flattering of the president you would prefer not to believe it

your choice. not a very rational one, but yours to make

I was the same way for those covering Obama's mutiple **** ups. But seeing as asserting motive is the only thing you've got. I can't blame you for going with your only option.

So, if Trump did it, it shouldn't be reported on.

But he probably didn't do it and the people quoting him are just lying.

Got it.

Sorry. No. Trump is just that insensitive. And we don't have to go looking for stories about it. Trump is a non-stop font of insensitivity, and worse.

Depends on the subject. Children know more and less than you think. Thats what I have found.

Having raised four of them and having been one and grown up with siblings, I'm of the mind that while there may be an individual seven-year-old who knows more than or less than what I expect s/he knows, on the whole, seven-year-olds do not know more/less than I think they do. Be that as it may, marginality isn't a concept that I think any seven-year-olds "get." Hell, I'm not convinced Trump even "gets it" for the man utters things that strain credulity roughly as much as does Santa Claus' verisimility beyond that of being a legendary literary trope hyperbolically lionizing Nicholas of Bari.

Red:
Only the ones who have direct acess to the potus. Something smells fishy about this entire thing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Anyone who has been here 7 summers but has not on his/her/It/WHATEVER own and with no help figured out that Santa is a fantasy is slow.

He/She deserves what ever pain comes from that.

PERFORMANCE MATTERS!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom