• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

7 year old will have a lifetime story; how tRump exposed the santa myth to him

The anti Trump crowd searches far and wide to find things to complain about

And the trump crowd don't even want to admit that they support funding their gd wall. It's not hard to find things about this man to complain about. It's very hard to find things to like about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the trump crowd don't even want to admit that they support funding their gd wall. It's not hard to find things about this man to complain about. It's very hard to find things to like about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the wall isn't relevant here. I like the judges he has appointed, the employment rate and -honestly-the amount of whining that comes from the people who were carping about this guy before he even stepped into the office

9115a60cff6dcde9dc285e8a420f3ce3.jpg

Someone who cannot relate to children or realize they won't understand you. I'd like to know "Cuz at 7 it's marginal" turns into "Santa doesn't exist"

In the main, yes.

It’s a kid calling into the NORAD Santa tracking hotline. It’s the easiest PR bit in the galaxy. And he ****ed it up.

Stable genius, that one.

Santa is terrible for the economy. Huge trade deficit with the North Pole. Bad businessman too, gives toys away for free. SAD!

that kid will grow up able to recall that on Christmas eve, when he was a 7 year old, was advised of the Santa myth by president tRump
ZERO self awareness. as if a 7 year old would call about Norad spotting Santa while being a disbeliever....
Don't recall hearing him advise the caller that there was no Santa, just a question about do you believe. Watching the cartoon Santa on Norad makes you a believer? Four of my grandchildren were watching it too, a 12 year old, a nine and two sevens. All knew full well there was no real Santa but were just having fun seeing where he was supposed to be and comparing that to countries they have visited.

This...this...has to be the one time he tells the truth: telling a 7 year old kid that Santa isn’t real. Because of course.
Nope, never said he was not real.. but I'm willing to bet at seven he probable has known that fact for a while.

the president of the USA ****ed up a call to a 7 year old kid, trying to convince him Santa is a myth
this foible says a lot about the person occupying the white house
Not trying to convince, just a question.

Most likely the parents had the kid call on the chance he could actually get a chance to speak to the President, which he did. But, that was a one-sided conversation everyone was listening to, tell me what the kid had to say, what was his answers or any part of his conversation. Hearing only one side you can imagine anything you want about the whole, and a lot of people here are doing just that.

As the 'real' Santa says: Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:
The Donald probably informed his kids of the Santa myth when they were toddlers.

"I buy all of the presents!"

that kid will grow up able to recall that on Christmas eve, when he was a 7 year old, was advised of the Santa myth by president tRump

ZERO self awareness. as if a 7 year old would call about Norad spotting Santa while being a disbeliever

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/tr...old-believing-santa-christmas-eve-phone-call/

A 7 year old believing in Santa causes no harm, so why does Trump think he needs to interfere? He really can't help himself. Trump always makes himself look like a total ass at every possible opportunity

Of course, if he’d confirmed that Santa existed, the headline the next day would be “Trump Lies to Child.” :lol:

But everybody lies to children about Santa

Wow, they're this desperate for a story now?

I would guess his parents are Trump supporters, and Trump constantly insulting his supporters and making a mockery of their supposed values is old news.

So at what age did you all stop believing and how did you figure it out that Santa Claus is a myth? ]
For extra credit you could include Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I probably stopped believing in Santa before I admitted it. I was 7 when a classmate told me there was no Santa and I told my mother what she said. I can't remember if I was distressed, or if I acted distressed, or none of the above. I remember my mother consoling me and telling me about the spirit of Christmas and how Santa was real in spirit even if there was no person in a sleigh ... and then she made me a partner in not telling my little brother about Santa.

Sooo ... that's what Trump potentially effed up ... whatever tradition the child was sharing with their parents which led the child to call NORAD to begin with.

Of course, there is no lasting harm. And of course it will be an amusing story for Coleman to tell in years to come. "I am the child that Trump told there was no Santa." That's a good one as far as official disillusionment stories go.

And of course, Trump is flat out damaged to have said that to a child who had called in on the Santa-tracking phone line. THAT is the relevant news story. The continuing ways that Trump reveals how damaged he is whenever we are optimistic enough to think that there are some things not even Trump would screw up. This is the person whose judgment we are supposed to trust in times of national crisis. That he continues to show that he can't be trusted is the news story.

then, in your view, he finally accomplished something of note this year

you folks will support and defend anything

Finally...! I am part of the "you folks"!

For what it's worth, a typical 7 year old isn't going to understand what Trump meant exactly. There are a lot of kids Christmas movies asking if Santa is real or you believe in Santa so that question shouldn't make the kid think he's not real.

That being said, yeah -- eyeroll at Trump for not understanding how to talk to children about Santa.

Red:
Who talks to seven-year-olds about "marginality?"

That's why I say the kid wouldn't have really understood what he was saying.

Anyone who has been here 7 summers but has not on his/her/It/WHATEVER own and with no help figured out that Santa is a fantasy is slow.

He/She deserves what ever pain comes from that.

PERFORMANCE MATTERS!

Wow, the length you Trump supporters go through to defend his idiotic behavior is just shocking.

There is no debate here. There is no ambiguity. He's taking calls from little kids asking where Santa is. That's not the time to tell them there is no Santa Clause.

This is why we consider Trump supporters cult members. Why can't you just admit he did something incredibly moronic and insensitive?

A 7 year old believing in Santa causes no harm, so why does Trump think he needs to interfere? He really can't help himself. Trump always makes himself look like a total ass at every possible opportunity

I don't know if you've ever seen "Curb Your Enthusiasm" but it's like something Larry David would do.

I could just hear Larry David saying, "Kid, you're seven years old and you still believe in Santa Clause?"

Of course, if he’d confirmed that Santa existed, the headline the next day would be “Trump Lies to Child.”

How much did you pay for that crystal ball?

:roll:

But go on and feel victimized by liberals (again) because of something they did in a counter-factual you made up for that precise purpose.

How much did you pay for that crystal ball?

:roll:

But go on and feel victimized by liberals (again) because of something they did in a counter-factual you made up for that precise purpose.

To deny that there is idiocy that comes from this president would be unrealistic. To deny that there is idiocy directed at this president is also unrealistic.

Wow, the length you Trump supporters go through to defend his idiotic behavior is just shocking.

There is no debate here. There is no ambiguity. He's taking calls from little kids asking where Santa is. That's not the time to tell them there is no Santa Clause.

This is why we consider Trump supporters cult members. Why can't you just admit he did something incredibly moronic and insensitive?

^repeating the above post because every word is perfect

"Your opinion is OUT OF BOUNDS, you suck" rarely/never works with me...this is poor behavior in my books......this is behavior which is OUT OF BOUNDS.

That poster's main goal in life seems to be to shock.

He takes polishing the turd to such an absurd extent, it almost has to be an act.

Back
Top Bottom