• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

7% of US oil comes from Russia

Putin wasn't going to be deterred.
Wasn't going to be deterred as much as he was during the non-Obama and non-Biden administrations?

Putin is an opportunist. If he sees a weakness he is going to see it as an opportunity to exploit it and see what he can get and how far he can go.

The disastrous and completely botched Afghanistan withdrawal was as much an 'exploit me' flag to Putin as was the Syrian 'Red Line', and far less so when cruise missiles come in on his troops unannounced and unforeseen, yet clearly communicating.

Those opportunities that he saw hardened him to not be deterred into not taking advantage of them. We are, after all, talking about a fully trained up KGB Lieutenant Colonel, after all.

Wasn't going to be deterred as much as he was during the non-Obama and non-Biden administrations?

Putin is an opportunist. If he sees a weakness he is going to see it as an opportunity to exploit it and see what he can get and how far he can go.

The disastrous and completely botched Afghanistan withdrawal was as much an 'exploit me' flag to Putin as was the Syrian 'Red Line', and far less so when cruise missiles come in on his troops unannounced and unforeseen, yet clearly communicating.

Those opportunities that he saw hardened him to not be deterred into not taking advantage of them. We are, after all, talking about a fully trained up KGB Lieutenant Colonel, after all.

The Afghanistan withdrawal was negotiated during Tweety's tenure. Do i think that Obama should have ended the war? Yes. Some think that Putin held off on invading Ukraine because Tweety is his asset. It's an interesting argument.

The Afghanistan withdrawal was negotiated during Tweety's tenure. Do i think that Obama should have ended the war? Yes. Some think that Putin held off on invading Ukraine because Tweety is his asset. It's an interesting argument.
The problem is not withdrawing the troops. That should have happened a long time ago. The way the withdrawal was done was asinine.

Last edited:
No.. He did not negotiate the manner in which Joe Biden conducted the withdrawal. The way the withdrawal went down was 100% Biden and it was reckless.
I don't do fan fiction. Maybe there will be a more receptive audience on Tweety's new Truthliars social media site if they can ever figure out how to get it internetish.

I don't do fan fiction. Maybe there will be a more receptive audience on Tweety's new Truthliars social media site if they can ever figure out how to get it internetish.
You are trying to blame Trump for Biden's complete bungling of the Afghanistan withdrawal. I don't do bullshit.

Thanks Joe Biden.
We appreciate your outrage, but it is misguided. Perhaps study up a big on the issue and get back to us.

Save your panty bunching for a real issue.

We appreciate your outrage, but it is misguided. Perhaps study up a big on the issue and get back to us.

Releasing 50 million barrels of oil from the strategic reserve and still raising the amount of oil imported even though, because of Covid we used 2.4 million barrels less oil per day.

Think about everything I just told you and get back to us.

The orange precious negotiated the withdrawal.
To be completed before the end of spring. Failing to start promptly allowed the Taliban time to concentrate forces and move on the airfields. This one is on Biden

I don't do opposite day.
You just did. He's right and you said wrong.

To be completed before the end of spring. Failing to start promptly allowed the Taliban time to concentrate forces and move on the airfields. This one is on Biden

Biden isn't the one who negotiated with the taliban and excluded the legitimate government that we spent two decades, a few billion dollars, and thousands of lives creating and reinforcing. What made tRump and his loyal oompa loompas think that was gonna work out?

Thanks Joe Biden.
Bullshit. 7% of US oil imports come from Russia. Do you understand how small that drop is in the bucket?

• The top five sources of U.S. total petroleum (including crude oil) imports by share of total petroleum imports in 2020 were
  • Canada52%
  • Mexico11%
  • Russia7%
  • Saudi Arabia7%
  • Colombia4%

Go ahead and claim Biden had no control over oil imports from Russia. I want everyone to read your lies.
Do you know how small 7% of US oil imports is?

You understand that's almost double what it was four years ago and reverses a multi-year trend, right?

Bullshit. 7% of US oil imports come from Russia. Do you understand how small that drop is in the bucket?
  • The top five sources of U.S. total petroleum (including crude oil) imports by share of total petroleum imports in 2020 were
  • Canada52%
  • Mexico11%
  • Russia7%
  • Saudi Arabia7%
  • Colombia4%
Your source puts it as the largest unfriendly nation.

7% is not a drop in a bucket. A drop is usually approximated as .05 ml. For a small bucket, say 3L, 7% is 420 times the volume of one drop.

Solar panels have to be cost effective if they are going to make sense. Right now, that's most certainly, and legitimately, questionable.
Solar Power is already the cheapest form of energy. The large problem is now grid storage.

Solar Power is already the cheapest form of energy. The large problem is now grid storage.
Solar is also the least reliable. Wind power is more reliable but neither is a good primary source. The storage issue is a major unsolved engineering problem.

Even solar panels doesn't come without their own problems and trade offs.
This is true of any solution. Another example is electric cars. Environmentalists made a big deal about carbon fuels because of the pollution. That was a real issue so we transitioned to gas, which does not pollute. Now the same people are pushing greenhouse gasses for the same purpose.

Climate change is real but it is not threatening. It's too slow and incremental adjustment is workable. The real issue is not the environment but control of the political situation.

Since no one is in Putin's mind, we're all just guessing, but what is interesting is he's acted in this manner under presidents who were NATO advocates and did not during the tenure of a president who was not.

Sure, but I think this is more a flex than it is acting because he senses weakness. He's had a desire to restore Russian territory and influence to what it used to be during the days of the Soviet Union, and has been doing so for years in different ways. The one thing I don't hear people bring up often is the struggle over influence in Syria, which Russia prevailed and we ended up with the optics of Russian soldiers taking over US bases when troops were pulled out. I think the opportunities he's looking for is an end of the US as the single power it's been for decades; something Xi Jinping is interested in as well.

There was another poster who made the same argument, but it's a pretty specious one in that it doesn't change the fact the US is still a major military power, and one botched military operation does not mean it is inept in every other way. I think what is a far more luring "exploit me" flag is US isolationism, because that gives another nation far more latitude in pushing the envelope since it knows the other nation is not keen to engage in foreign wars.

He seems to be a very calculating figure, so that at least can make him a bit easier to figure out than if he were some kind of political or religious zealot, and what I think we're going to be seeing over the next few years is Russia and China pushing more to exert themselves because the power vacuum is there and they are very interested in filling it. I imagine for China, Russia's actions in Ukraine are a template for how far the envelope can be pushed for their interest in bringing Taiwan back into the fold.

Yesterday Taiwanese air force jets scrambled to warn Chinese jets they entered the Taiwanese air defense zone. I really think we're going to be in for a lot more of these two countries pushing their interests globally. Where China has an advantage is they have economic leverage, and with all sorts of US companies walking on eggshells to not offend the Chinese government, the blood's already in the water.

In 2018 the USA became energy independent and actually started exporting. Biden promptly put a stop to that upon taking office. Nice job Biden.
Interesting bullshit. I found 7,305 records returned when I did a search of New Mexico wells that are a status of "new" that are on federal land. How could that possibly be?

Interesting bullshit. I found 7,305 records returned when I did a search of New Mexico wells that are a status of "new" that are on federal land. How could that possibly be?

Not bull shit. Upon taking office he halted new contracts for federal
Land leases. This was so for a year. After a year of this stupid policy which caused him to release 40 million barrels of strategic oil reserves (stupid), he reversed the policy. Like so many of his stupid policies it blew up in his face.

In 2018 the USA became energy independent and actually started exporting. Biden promptly put a stop to that upon taking office. Nice job Biden.

The USA was exporting long before it became "energy independent.

We have for many years taken that much oil from Russia. Yes, even under the orange idol.

Fact is, little has changed. Of course, the propaganda from Fox is much different.

Back
Top Bottom