• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

7 Former U.S. Military Leaders Asseverate AGAINST Trump's 'Dereliction Of Duty'

Were any of the undersigned named Mattis or Kelly?

I think you would agree that Donald Trump is a terrible person. So why can't you say that you dislike a terrible person like Donald Trump?
I don't hate him, and don't think we should. I think he is a terrible person who should never be allowed near power. I wouldn't like him if I had to know him in real life, and don't think much or like much - if anything - about him now. But that is not hate - hate is something very different. If anything, I'm called upon to quite the opposite. :-/

Negative.

Retired four-star Generals Peter Chiarelli, John Jumper, and Johnnie Wilson, and retired Admirals James Loy, John Nathman, William Owens, and Steve Abbot.

Negative.

Retired four-star Generals Peter Chiarelli, John Jumper, and Johnnie Wilson, and retired Admirals James Loy, John Nathman, William Owens, and Steve Abbot.

Attachments

• 5C6E479C-7948-4C40-B819-136AC656660C.jpeg
    5C6E479C-7948-4C40-B819-136AC656660C.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
They really don't need to say any more than they already have. They are certainly not fans of the former guy

I disagree, your link is from two years ago. There are new developments since then.

I edited my post but it is clear neither one of them support the former guy
I don’t want to beat a dead horse, but you changed sources, the dates are the same……🤷

I don’t want to beat a dead horse, but you changed sources, the dates are the same……🤷
It doesn't matter. Neither of them respect the former guy and neither of them are known to go political.
Their point is well taken and clearly they are referring to the former guy no matter when they made the comments

I have no doubt both bit their tongues too.

Last edited:

Mattis blames Trump for violence at Capitol, says his actions ‘poison our respect for fellow citizens’​

Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis on Wednesday evening placed the blame squarely on President Donald Trump for the riot that ensued on the U.S. Capitol.

“Today’s violent assault on our Capitol, an effort to subjugate American democracy by mob rule, was fomented by Mr. Trump,” Mattis wrote in a statement.

Mattis, who served as Trump’s first Defense secretary, said the president has used the nation’s highest role in government to “destroy trust in our election and to poison our respect for fellow citizens.”

“Our Constitution and our Republic will overcome this stain and We the People will come together again in our never-ending effort to form a more perfect Union, while Mr. Trump will deservedly be left a man without a country,” Mattis wrote.

The stinging statement from the revered Marine with a military career spanning four decades is the second time Mattis has broken his silence since leaving the Trump administration.

Last June, Mattis ripped into Trump after protestors were forcibly cleared from Lafayette Square in order for the president to participate in a photo-op with some members of his cabinet. The ensuing civil unrest, some of which turned violent, prompted Trump to call for governors to use harsher tactics and greater force when confronting protesters.“We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort.

We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership,” he wrote, adding that he “watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled,” the four-star Marine wrote.
========================================
On Sunday, the nation’s 10 living secretaries of Defense penned an ominous warning that the U.S. military should have no role in determining the outcome of a U.S. election.

“Each of us swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. We did not swear it to an individual or a party,” penned Defense secretaries Mark Esper, James Mattis, Ash Carter, Chuck Hagel, Leon Panetta, Dick Cheney, William Cohen, Robert Gates, William Perry and Donald Rumsfeld in an op-ed published Sunday in The Washington Post.

The former Defense secretaries, who have collectively overseen America’s military forces for nearly 50 years, argued that “the time for questioning the results” of the U.S. presidential election has passed.

LOL So, it's clear you're joining LWF on the street when Trump gets reelected screaming at everyone "TRAITORS, YOU'RE ALL ****ING TRAITORS" LOL
If Trump takes the oval office again, it will be war. You need to understand that.

Mattis blames Trump for violence at Capitol, says his actions ‘poison our respect for fellow citizens’​

Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis on Wednesday evening placed the blame squarely on President Donald Trump for the riot that ensued on the U.S. Capitol.

“Today’s violent assault on our Capitol, an effort to subjugate American democracy by mob rule, was fomented by Mr. Trump,” Mattis wrote in a statement.

Mattis, who served as Trump’s first Defense secretary, said the president has used the nation’s highest role in government to “destroy trust in our election and to poison our respect for fellow citizens.”

“Our Constitution and our Republic will overcome this stain and We the People will come together again in our never-ending effort to form a more perfect Union, while Mr. Trump will deservedly be left a man without a country,” Mattis wrote.

The stinging statement from the revered Marine with a military career spanning four decades is the second time Mattis has broken his silence since leaving the Trump administration.

Last June, Mattis ripped into Trump after protestors were forcibly cleared from Lafayette Square in order for the president to participate in a photo-op with some members of his cabinet. The ensuing civil unrest, some of which turned violent, prompted Trump to call for governors to use harsher tactics and greater force when confronting protesters.“We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort.

We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership,” he wrote, adding that he “watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled,” the four-star Marine wrote.
========================================
On Sunday, the nation’s 10 living secretaries of Defense penned an ominous warning that the U.S. military should have no role in determining the outcome of a U.S. election.

“Each of us swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. We did not swear it to an individual or a party,” penned Defense secretaries Mark Esper, James Mattis, Ash Carter, Chuck Hagel, Leon Panetta, Dick Cheney, William Cohen, Robert Gates, William Perry and Donald Rumsfeld in an op-ed published Sunday in The Washington Post.

The former Defense secretaries, who have collectively overseen America’s military forces for nearly 50 years, argued that “the time for questioning the results” of the U.S. presidential election has passed.

LOL, you’re six months closer to the present day.

;)

1658611509662.png
Toss that dang flag into your footlocker, then I won't keep tripping over it. 😝

I originally wondered who the 7 military names were and if that list included Mad Dog and Kelly. When you asked about those two, I googled to find out, since I don't have a subscription to the NYTs. That's when I found the 7 names in another site. IMO, there should be those two names and probably 5-6 more added to that list of names that I provided to you. All of them would agree that DJT committed a dereliction of duty on 1/6/21. Yeah, before you flag my ass again, that particular term pertains to our military and not the former jughead clown who crapped on our nation's oval office. Even if he was our commander in chief, that particular term still doesn't apply. Odd huh? Anyways, I also learned that the correct term for that clown in chief that a court would accept is dereliction of responsibilty. We can say the former term in our chatter but just not legally in court. That f**ker doesn't know anything dutywise anyway.

Neither Putin nor Trump sign their posts here either.

Actually each of 'em has a penname. Several pennames actually. A bunch of 'em in fact.

It's absurd and desperate besides to demand Mattis or anyone to issue a statement each day saying what he said on Jan. 7th 2021. Or to state updates daily. There are besides the 1/6 hearings occurring anyway despite your never mentioning 'em. The hearings are identifying the web that goes up to the top.

Mattis has made himself clear consistently since resigning as SecDef. He's one of the most fierce critics of Trump among the 4-star and other retired generals and admirals who are speaking out. He's ready to go since yesterday as it were. Kelly and silent others too, for sure.

Admiral McRaven ret who designed the bin Laden raid and kill said "Trump is the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime." Admiral Mullen ret who's former chairman of JCS was asked on tv what he would say to the 19 year old service member in this time of Trump: "Follow your leaders, they know best."

Yes, this and more is true of our armed forces chain of command, as we see now with the 7 lesser known generals and admirals who have laid low until Jan. 6th and now the hearings have brought them forward. The US armed forces high commanders known and unknown to the public are presenting a united front. So now is the time for you to reread the OP thx. This time to accept it as the civilian-military foreshadowing that it is. Because it would be good I think if you could switch to being on the right side of history. Rather than being a PutinTrump penname.

I originally wondered who the 7 military names were and if that All of them would agree that DJT committed list included Mad Dog and Kelly. I found the 7 names in another site. IMO, there should be those two names and probably 5-6 more added to that list of names that I provided to you. All of them would agree that DJT committed a dereliction of duty on 1/6/21. Even if he was our commander in chief, that particular term still doesn't apply. Odd huh? Anyways, I also learned that the correct term for that clown in chief that a court would accept is dereliction of responsibilty. We can say the former term in our chatter but just not legally in court. That f**ker doesn't know anything dutywise anyway.
Exactly.

There are dozens of 'em btw. Waiting for H-Hour which is still a distance away. No later than the '24 election almost for sure, depending on the voting -- and the counting -- of this November coming up. This November and the hearings are the reason some leaders of the lesser known generals and admirals are speaking up now. Just in case.

This November and the hearings are the reason some leaders of the lesser known generals and admirals are speaking up now. Just in case.
I'm truly surprised that there aren't at least 100 retired officers taking this stance for our Constitution and Democracy. One can hope that these 7 retired officers encourage many more retired officers to stand taller. Just the ones who hasn't suggested a coup and the declaration of martial law in '20.

I'm truly surprised that there aren't at least 100 retired officers taking this stance for our Constitution and Democracy. One can hope that these 7 retired officers encourage many more retired officers to stand taller. Just the ones who hasn't suggested a coup and the declaration of martial law in '20.
There are large numbers of retired generals and admirals who support the Constitution and will never salute Trump or Putin as C 'n C.

Who among the public knew about these seven. Nobody.

They represent many more. As I'd posted the retired generals and admirals are coming forward now to present their united front with the high profile ones such as Mattis, McRaven, Mullin, McCaffrey et al.

All of 'em are saying the time is approaching for civilian-military action. It's no longer over the horizon for 'em. Jan. 6th and the 1/6 hearings have changed the equation entirely now. I'm seeing the 2024 election as end game, yet the voting -- and the counting -- of the coming November off year, mid term election may turn public opinion to take action. Best though to go through to the 2024 high profile Potus election. If we can get that far.

Who among the public knew about these seven. Nobody.

They represent many more. As I'd posted the retired generals and admirals are coming forward now to present their united front with the high profile ones such as Mattis, McRaven, Mullin, McCaffrey et al.

All of 'em are saying the time is approaching for civilian-military action. It's no longer over the horizon for 'em. Jan. 6th and the 1/6 hearings have changed the equation entirely now. I'm seeing the 2024 election as end game, yet the voting -- and the counting -- of the coming November off year, mid term election may turn public opinion to take action. Best though to go through to the 2024 high profile Potus election. If we can get that far.
I hope that there's some retired officers of all ranks who make a similar statement. I also wonder if it's crossing a military line for active officers to simply make a supportive statement similar to the one in the op but without mentioning DJT's name or a political party. That's all that's needed. People can connect the dots themselves.

Americans may take it for granted, but the strength of our democracy rests upon the stability of this arrangement, which requires both civilian and military leaders to have confidence that they have the same goal of supporting and defending the Constitution.”

"Our democracy is not a given. To preserve it, Americans must demand nothing less from their leaders than an unassailable commitment to country over party — and to their oaths above all.

I know this is probably hard for you to wrap your head around, but anyone that loves this country hates Trump. How could one love this country and not despise a man that attempted a violent coup to stay in office?

At some point people with any decency about them are going to have to admit you know I messed, up, I should have never voted him, he should have never been in a position of power.
Blah blah blah.

I hope that there's some retired officers of all ranks who make a similar statement. I also wonder if it's crossing a military line for active officers to simply make a supportive statement similar to the one in the op but without mentioning DJT's name or a political party. That's all that's needed. People can connect the dots themselves.
The political class connected the dots long ago -- they just don't speak publicly about it. A number of the general public have connected 'em too. Armed forces personnel were on the case back in 2017 so troops and commanders know who's who and the score.

The hearings are increasing significantly the number of the high up military who are speaking out. Yet it's when the civilian-military event happens that leaders such as Mattis, Mullin, McRaven, Kelly among others will be persuasive publicly to others in the general population who lag in this, or who are reticent.

We don't want a hundred retired generals and admirals forming up in a swarm here and a regiment there as it were, talking this up. It doesn't look or project right and other Americans won't understand it, they'll only see all this high up military brass making noises no one has ever heard before. Believe me, these guys know what they're doing even if they've never done it before. They know the civilian-military relationship as established by Geo. Washington and of which Adm. Mullin ret. is the recognized living expert among 'em.

On June 1, 2020 retired Army Vice Chief of Staff Gen. Peter Chiarelli sat staring out at the Pacific Ocean in Gearhart, Ore., where his family had vacationed throughout his long military career. This is what he saw on television....and his reaction....to Lafayette Square where Trump ordered District of Columbia National Guard to swarm peaceful protesters. Milley referenced in the article is Army Gen. Mark Milley chairman of JCS and the exactly perfect guy to have in there in this time and circumstance; then SecDef Mark Esper is a WP grad and he's demonstrated he's completely reliable.

Why 780 retired generals and former national security leaders spoke out against Trump​

October 21, 2020

Along with a cadre of other retired generals, a very upset Peter Chiarelli decided to contact his old friend Milley, the most senior uniformed leader in the country. After serving as commander of the 147,000 U.S. and coalition troops of Multi-National Corps — Iraq, Chiarelli as vice chief of the Army had led Defense Department efforts to treat post-traumatic stress, traumatic brain injury and suicide prevention. On his retirement in 2012, he became the first CEO of One Mind, which supports research into brain illnesses and injuries.

“That whole incident around Lafayette Square was stunning to me, because those were mostly peaceful demonstrators exercising a right guaranteed by the Constitution that I’ve sworn allegiance to throughout my entire career,” said Chiarelli in an interview. That allegiance is not given to a political party, Congress or the president of the United States, he noted, making the image of a uniformed chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the defense secretary at Trump’s side that day so alarming. Milley later apologized for his presence in Lafayette Square, and Esper earned the president’s enmity by publicly opposing invocation of the Insurrection Act in order to use U.S. military troops to “dominate” the streets. Along with more than 780 retired high-ranking officers and former national security leaders — including 22 retired four-star generals and admirals and five former secretaries of defense — Chiarelli signed an “Open Letter to America” endorsing Joe Biden for president. “We love our country,” the signatories wrote. “Unfortunately, we also fear for it.”

https://news.yahoo.com/why-780-reti...ainst-trump-204428356.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

Against all enemies foreign and domestic. There's a bad moon rising over 'em. It was always going to be given Putin, Xi and the Ayatollahs are central to it.

Last edited:
It's really going to suck for you when he gets reelected and you start roaming the streets screaming "TRAITORS, YOU'RE ALL ****ING TRAITORS" LOL
That's an odd prediction.

Donald Trump won't be elected again. He already lost to Joe Biden once with every advantage imaginable. Republicans are making way too much out of Biden's "approval rating." Trump's is even worse. If Donald Trump runs for president in 2024, Joe Biden (or some other Democrat if Biden elects not to seek a second term) will be elected. The only hope Republicans have of getting the White House in 2024 is if Donald Trump is not in the picture. So long as he is, they can forget about ever winning another presidential election.

But if your loyalty to Trump is that strong, then by all means: Support him with your vote and let the Democrats run the country for the rest of his life.

That's an odd prediction.

Donald Trump won't be elected again. He already lost to Joe Biden once with every advantage imaginable. Republicans are making way too much out of Biden's "approval rating." Trump's is even worse. If Donald Trump runs for president in 2024, Joe Biden (or some other Democrat if Biden elects not to seek a second term) will be elected. The only hope Republicans have of getting the White House in 2024 is if Donald Trump is not in the picture. So long as he is, they can forget about ever winning another presidential election.

But if your loyalty to Trump is that strong, then by all means: Support him with your vote and let the Democrats run the country for the rest of his life.
Good luck with that. You've screwed yourselves. You've elected an incompetent demented man that will be an octogenarian for the 2024 election. You pass over the equally incompetent and more unpopular Harris and you lose the black vote and half the women's vote. Trump will be dancing his way back into the White House.

Good luck with that. You've screwed yourselves. You've elected an incompetent demented man that will be an octogenarian for the 2024 election. You pass over the equally incompetent and more unpopular Harris and you lose the black vote and half the women's vote. Trump will be dancing his way back into the White House.
Did you forget that Donald Trump was the incumbent in 2020 in the midst of a national crisis when he lost to Joe Biden?

Both will be the same men in 2024 as they were in 2020.

Oh, so you admit Biden won the election ..not something a true blue Trumpist dick sucker will admit.

The words have already been spoken. Action. Make it expensive for these ****ers to show their faces. If i can help drive the Klan off in my fursuit along with hundreds of others from all different backgrounds, you damn well can. The klukkers were denied a permit the year after.

Back
Top Bottom