• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

7 Former U.S. Military Leaders Asseverate AGAINST Trump's 'Dereliction Of Duty'

Did you forget that Donald Trump was the incumbent in 2020 in the midst of a national crisis when he lost to Joe Biden?

Both will be the same men in 2024 as they were in 2020.
Wow, that you think that.

Oh, so you admit Biden won the election ..not something a true blue Trumpist dick sucker will admit.
Have a nice day.

I hope that there's some retired officers of all ranks who make a similar statement. I also wonder if it's crossing a military line for active officers to simply make a supportive statement similar to the one in the op but without mentioning DJT's name or a political party. That's all that's needed. People can connect the dots themselves.
I'm a retired officer and I certainly would make a similar statement. I, however, didn't retire at flag rank.

I'm a retired officer and I certainly would make a similar statement. I, however, didn't retire at flag rank.
My right arm almost snapped off a salute to you, mam. lol That's what I'm talking about. Needing more military officers letting civilians know how much our Constitution and Democracy backed by their oaths means to our nation. Remember the good ole days concentrating on foreign enemies instead of now concentrating on domestic enemies? The 6th of Jan, '21 certainly brought us a huge preview of our homegrown threats and their leaders in government offices signaling to them the mission to destroy Democracy. Enemies of the state, every damn one of them!! imo

I disagree, your link is from two years ago. There are new developments since then.
That is feeble. Matters have only become worse in the identical vein since Mattis and other retired high profile 4-stars have spoken out forcefully against Trump.

The only "new developments" since Mattis et al have spoken out are the 1/6 hearings that are only consistent with the criticism of Trump by all retired 4-star officers who have spoken up -- and now we do indeed have even more of 'em. You have no basis to try ever so obliquely to suggest Mattis may have gone silent against Trump et al.

Everybody here knows things have only become worse during the past two years yet you're demanding daily updates from Mattis et al generals and admirals for their opposition to Trump to be valid. That is ridiculous and absurd. It is a weasel defense of Trump. It is a failed attempt to be oblique, ie, not actively defending your guy Trump in direct words.

You think they will have changed in four years?
Have you listened to Biden? At all? Perhaps they were shooting him up with drugs to mask it two years ago, but his dementia couldn't be more clear today. I can't imagine what he's going to be like in two years. I said two years ago he would not least out the first term. I believe that more today than ever.

That is feeble. Matters have only become worse in the identical vein since Mattis and other retired high profile 4-stars have spoken out forcefully against Trump.

The only "new developments" since Mattis et al have spoken out are the 1/6 hearings that are only consistent with the criticism of Trump by all retired 4-star officers who have spoken up -- and now we do indeed have even more of 'em. You have no basis to try ever so obliquely to suggest Mattis may have gone silent against Trump et al.

Everybody here knows things have only become worse during the past two years yet you're demanding daily updates from Mattis et al generals and admirals for their opposition to Trump to be valid. That is ridiculous and absurd. It is a weasel defense of Trump. It is a failed attempt to be oblique, ie, not actively defending your guy Trump in direct words.
You should stick to your phony military narrative, your political chops are even more suspect…………👋

De Nile isn't only a river in Egypt.

It's your mode.

And it's very old stuff from an angry grump.
post and move out, cadet!

Have you listened to Biden? At all? Perhaps they were shooting him up with drugs to mask it two years ago, but his dementia couldn't be more clear today. I can't imagine what he's going to be like in two years. I said two years ago he would not least out the first term. I believe that more today than ever.
Watch this.

He sounds the same to me as he ever did. Are you saying he used to be more coherent? He's always had a stutter and been a gaff machine. So has Trump, minus the stutter. Neither one is going to be any different in 2024. The whole "dementia" thing is a false narrative cooked up by conservatives during his campaign. They deliberately equate Biden's long established stutter with "dementia" and you are either falling for it, or playing along for political purposes. But in the real world outside of conservative media, Joe Biden doesn't have dementia.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/09...-up-false-beliefs-about-bidens-mental-health/

He sounds the same to me as he ever did. Are you saying he used to be more coherent? He's always had a stutter and been a gaff machine. So has Trump, minus the stutter. Neither one is going to be any different in 2024. The whole "dementia" thing is a false narrative cooked up by conservatives during his campaign. They deliberately equate Biden's long established stutter with "dementia" and you are either falling for it, or playing along for political purposes. But in the real world outside of conservative media, Joe Biden doesn't have dementia.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/09...-up-false-beliefs-about-bidens-mental-health/
Even the NYTimes columnists are writing that he's "too old" to run again" "too worn out and unfocused" "past his prime"

Goldberg noted a poll conducted by the Times and Siena college, which found that 64% of Democrats want a different candidate in 2024.

"Those Democrats cite Biden’s age more than any other factor, though job performance is close behind. Their concern isn’t surprising. Biden has always been given to gaffes and malapropisms, but there is a painful suspense in watching him speak now, like seeing someone wobble on a tightrope," the New York Times columnist wrote.

Back
Top Bottom