• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

7 countries have higher death rates that US

There is one problem with the data.

We know of one nation which has a population of 1.4 billion people, but has only reported 4,634 deaths. Anger in China as doctor who died of Covid-19 omitted from citizen awards | World news | The Guardian

Does anyone actually believe those death numbers? Is China only reporting those who had NO "co-morbidities" as Covid-19 deaths, or are they just seriously and deliberately under-reporting?

Edit: So we really don't know how many cases and deaths in Communist China to date.

True, seems the Chinese Communist government isn't as transparent and forthcoming as one could hope, but that isn't a surprise, is it?

Regardless, in comparison to EU countries, which are more similar to the US than China is anyway, the US doesn't appear to be as bad as some would apparently hope.

I was referring to your enemies, not you. Sorry for not being clearer.

From your OP:
I am not bragging on trump, I am sure he made plenty of missteps, but I doubt anyone in his position would have faired much better because of factors out of their control.

Who cares if you are not bragging on him. It would take a COMPLETE FOOL to brag on him. You are offering rationalizations for him. Trump did not come close to doing a competent job fighting COVID. Not close.

On a positive note we are doing pretty good on the deaths per case ratio, ranked 23 in the link. This means it’s much less damaging for us to get heard immunity than lots of other countries because the deaths per case is so low.

Deaths per case ratio is a meaningless number in this country because we have never done enough testing and hence have no clue about the actual case load number. CDC now says that the case load could be 10x higher than the reported actuals. Who knows....CDC certainly does not. Do we actually know the total deaths? NOPE. All we know is the total reported direct deaths due to COVID.

Do we even consider that evidence is building that those that contract COVID are being left with damage to vital life systems beyond respiratory as if respiratory is not bad enough. The virus enters through the respiratory system but is in some patients regardless of age leaving them with damaged hearts, damaged livers, damaged kidneys besides a damaged respiratory system. Once we finally count up all the death and destruction from not having controlled this virus better the toll in lost years of life will likely be astronomical. So much for Herd Immunity via transmission on that score alone!

So you concede I didn’t claim otherwise?

So you concede I didn’t claim otherwise?

I concede you did not brag on Trump. Bully for you. As I stated in the above post that takes you out of the COMPLETE FOOL category since only a COMPLETE FOOL would brag on Trump for his COVID response performance.

Great... another thread destine for disaster. Okay, so we are still #1 in number of infections and number of deaths but not #1 in death rate per capita.

This is why the world laughs at us, splitting hairs on where the US is not the worst in every category when the numbers themselves still suggest a plethora of nations across the globe handled this far better than we did.

but not #1 in death rate per capita.

Stop, take a good look(wink)

The United States of America has 4.3% of the world's population.

The United States of America has, at this point, 22% of the reported Covid-19 assigned deaths in the world.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

The United States of America has 4.3% of the world's population.

The United States of America has, at this point, 22% of the reported Covid-19 assigned deaths in the world.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

but not #1 in death rate per capita.

But.... but.....?

So you get COVID which brings on Pneumonia or Congestive Heart Failure and it wasn't the COVID that killed you. It was the Pneumonia or the Congestive Heart Failure. Ah-huh. Cute but absurd.
If it was in that order, it's the virus. If the guy is 80 and dies from cancer but has the virus, it's not the virus. It's cancer but it's coded as the virus.

Evidently, the virus has connections to be getting this kind of preferential treatment.

If it was in that order, it's the virus. If the guy is 80 and dies from cancer but has the virus, it's not the virus. It's cancer but it's coded as the virus.

Evidently, the virus has connections to be getting this kind of preferential treatment.

Cancer is not even at issue here. If the patient has asthma, his asthma is controlled, he gets COVID and dies ITS COVID. If the patient is diabetic and his diabetes is controlled, gets COVID and dies, ITS COVID. If a disease is being controlled and COVID deteriorates the patient to such a degree that the patient dies, ITS COVID.

If I shoot somebody with a heart condition tomorrow and his heart fails before he bleeds to death I KILLED HIM. PERIOD!

Great... another thread destine for disaster. Okay, so we are still #1 in number of infections and number of deaths but not #1 in death rate per capita.

This is why the world laughs at us, splitting hairs on where the US is not the worst in every category when the numbers themselves still suggest a plethora of nations across the globe handled this far better than we did.

We have more people and a more open society with more freedom of movement. Of course we have more infections.

We have more people and a more open society with more freedom of movement. Of course we have more infections.

We have too many people TOO STUPID to mask up and distance. Of course we have more infections. We have people dumb enough that if it was raining dog piss, they would go out for a walk and a President unscrupulous enough to encourage it if he thought there way a single thing in it for him.

We have too many people TOO STUPID to mask up and distance. Of course we have more infections. We have people dumb enough that if it was raining dog piss, they would go out for a walk and a President unscrupulous enough to encourage it if he thought there way a single thing in it for him.

Like the rioters?

Like the rioters?

To distinguish rioters from protestors and most specifically to distinguish riots that ensue because either public service personnel or protestors get too hot under the color and start lumping up on each other vs rioters that are simply out to riot from the start, the last bunch are just insane completely irresponsible whack jobs IMO. Protestors are fine. Also, I have seen plenty of instances in my life where a riot "breaks out" from a protest because one side or the other (police or protestors) gets too hot under the collar and they just go at it. Anybody that gos to a "protest" carrying a sledgehammer is not in the protestor category. Said IDIOT went to RIOT. Looters are yet another category as looting is simply opportunistic stealing.

Anybody that carries a gun to a protest or a riot or into a conflict zone claiming to be protecting property not their own or ostensibly to protect protestors HAD NO ACTUAL ACCEPTABLE REASON and is a complete IDIOT. Any said IDIOT that squeezes off a round for any reason, into the air or at anybody anywhere is a DANGEROUS IDIOT.

I concede you did not brag on Trump. Bully for you. As I stated in the above post that takes you out of the COMPLETE FOOL category since only a COMPLETE FOOL would brag on Trump for his COVID response performance.

Ok.
But I disagree. Many on Both sides would do exactly the same under the exact same conditions. It’s the nature of bias and tribalism. This has been proven countless times on various topics.

So of the eight ugliest students in a class of 215, we're the least ugliest. Good to know.

So of the eight ugliest students in a class of 215, we're the least ugliest. Good to know.

Yea, just giving some perspective to the “end of world, trump mass Murdered Americans” hysteria and idiocy.

I have no problem with those who rationally criticize him.

Ok.
But I disagree. Many on Both sides would do exactly the same under the exact same conditions. It’s the nature of bias and tribalism. This has been proven countless times on various topics.

Except Trump has the job. He has the responsibility. I don't give a rats behind what those on both sides would do and that is yet another rationalization on your part.

This is silly. Those countries have things in common, like higher average ages which is a strongman factor, as the link gets into a little. Uganda I think had the lowest death rate, was because of some genius leader saving them? No, because Average age if about 16 years old because it’s such a dreadful hell hole to live in, but young people don’t die from it. Lots of other factors, culture differences etc.

Do Spain, France Italy Belgium U.K and others have genocidal leaders killing it’s people like is claimed of trump by some here?

Do they have the population we do?

Except Trump has the job. He has the responsibility. I don't give a rats behind what those on both sides would do and that is yet another rationalization on your part.

Yea and I disagree. I don’t people are idiots at all, I think your bias tells you that, you only see the side the side that makes trump look bad.

The reality a lot of people did bad jobs, which points to likely factors out of their hands. Others did the “right” things that you cry about trump not doing, but it still didn’t work for them. You want to Blame Trump, that is the reality.

COVID-19 Deaths In The U.S.: How We Compare With Other Countries : Goats and Soda : NPR

If you listened to the end of earth hysterical “trump evil� from the left, you would think trump was the biggest idiot in the world based on our high death rate.

Yet we see seven other countries, including some Europe countries have higher death rates.

And France which had strict shutdowns is barely behind us.

Could it be other factors driving rates? Like culture, levels of freedom, average age of population etc?

Are those European countries full of genocidal evil leaders too, as the leftist squawk about Trump like he is evil incarnate?

We know this is blind bias, along with some political spinning, it can be clearly seen by how Cuomo has gotten a pass on the most idiotic thing that happened during civid, sending the sick into nursing homes.

I am not bragging on trump, I am sure he made plenty of missteps, but I doubt anyone in his position would have faired much better because of factors out of their control.

On a positive note we are doing pretty good on the deaths per case ratio, ranked 23 in the link. This means it’s much less damaging for us to get heard immunity than lots of other countries because the deaths per case is so low.
The more it goes on the more convinced I am that it is things like culture, levels of freedom, etc. that are major contributors to our COVID problems.

For instance I just read about a college party only for positive cases. I mentioned elsewhere that last week a local TV station ran a vid taken along Fraternity Row near San Diego State. At the time the school was dealing with two cases; I heard this morning the count was over 500.

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Al Capp

Thread title: 7 countries have higher death rates that US

7???? 7!!!!! Now that is something to be proud of. There are 7 countries with higher death rates than the richest, most powerful country in the world with the most advanced bio-chem industry in the world. WOW!!!! Raise the Stars and Stripes and play the Star Spangled Banner!

advanced bio chem expertise means **** if you cant mass produce the stuff for people IN OUR OWN COUNTRY.

who the **** sold us out to china? they deserve quite a bit of blame.

Back
Top Bottom