• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

66% of Southern Republicans in favor of seceding from the U.S., poll shows

I hope they do secede. The Deep South is like a gangrenous limb that needs to be removed.

I think it's more like Ash's possessed hand in Evil Dead 2. It's an appendage that is actively trying to destroy its host body.

I am one who thinks that the United States is to large to govern effectively and should be broken up into smaller Republics. Is the country to big to effectively governed through traditional means? With a population of more than 325 million and an enormously complex society, perhaps this country has passed a point where no matter whom we elect it risks becoming permanently dissatisfied with legislative and governmental performance. Smaller Republics seem to do a much better job at providing for the needs of their population because they are much closer to the people they represent. In larger Republics it seems that most who hold seats in the governing body are way out of touch with whom they are suppose to represent, this causes an almost paralysis in the legislature trying to do anything for the community at large.
When the country was founded, it was the States that had the say so in dealing with D.C., but into todays world, the Federal government has become the Monarchy and the States have reverted back to being Colonies and the People back to being Subjects of the Crown (D.C.)

Yes, I think it time we break this country into smaller Republics.

Agreed 100%. Been advocating this for years and got a lot of shit for it.

I assume that sometime in the next century, Americans will harmoniously agree that the American experiment has failed.

This huge nation will be divided into smaller republics where people can live with others of similar interests and cultural norms.

That will be a win-win for everyone.

People no doubt will wonder why they hadn't decided on this solution sooner.

What are the interests and cultural norms you think people will divide along?

People say they support succession because they're frustrated. That will diminish when we get real leadership that is able to unite the country.

It will dissipate once they face the practical consequences of succession. The devil is in the details

I assume that sometime in the next century, Americans will harmoniously agree that the American experiment has failed.

That's a generous timeline. There was a study from MIT in the 1970s that predicted modern GLOBAL civilization based on capitalism will fully unravel by 2040. It won't be Mad Max stuff, but without reforms throughout the industrialized world the current system will collapse. It is possible to find a balance and right the ship before it capsizes, but unfortunately one side of the solution thinks the other side is cannibalizing babies.

People say they support succession because they're frustrated. That will diminish when we get real leadership that is able to unite the country.

It will dissipate once they face the practical consequences of succession. The devil is in the details
I'm sure those that decided that succession from the British Empire was a bad idea also, yes they were frustrated and that is why they decided something new had to be done. Their idea didn't dissipate once they face the practical consequences of their action, they worked through them.

What are the interests and cultural norms you think people will divide along?
One of the biggest culture norms that is dividing this country is the push toward Marxism, another is the Critical Race Theory, these both will play an important role in the continuation of this country. There are those that enjoy the fruits of their labor without having to be told where those fruits are going to be divided. There are also those that believe in what MLK spoke of when he said "that we shouldn't judge a person by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." Most Americans in todays world believe that statement, yet, we have a federal government that is hell bent of dividing the people alone racial lines. There are people in this country that believe that we balance the playing field for all Americans by creating balance not by swinging the pendulum completely in the opposite direction. This country was build by people who put in the effort to succeed, these people came from all walks of life and of all races.

Yes, there are different cultural norms, but instead of accepting these as culture we are tearing them down for the sake of Marxism. Please show me one country that has allowed its people to flourish and enjoy their freedoms and liberties under Marxism.

Why exactly do you leftists have a problem with the people you hate seceding?
You can leave the US if you like, but the Union will stay as one.

Please don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Those States do not have enough money to break away and form their own country.
As a taxpayer I would want the following to happen.
- All US military forces and equipment be removed from those States.
- Any federally purchased equipment for the National Guard be removed.
- States to pay a set portion to the US government for any federal land in that State. Federal land belongs to all the people.
- Compensation for any current Federal infrastructure .
- Compensate private citizens who wish to relocate out of the new country.
- Transfer of appropriate portion of the current National Debt to the new country.
and the list could go on.

This attitude to break away reminds me of a little kid saying its my football and I am taking it and going home. I don't like the way the teams were picked and some of the rules.

Pretty pathetic that we seem to no longer be able to work together in this country.

I strongly recommend reading the complete article at the linked page. That 66% of Southern GOPers support secession was not much of a surprise but the #2 region that supports secession did surprise me as did the region which least supports the idea of states leaving the USA.

Naturally, a couple of the 'clowns' at FauxNews are all in favor of some states leaving the USA
Now, personally, I see those who wish to secede as being the "people who hate this country.” But -- hey, they were only joking - right?
I doubt the accuracy of this poll

Is banished into exile the same thing?

I'm sure those that decided that succession from the British Empire was a bad idea also, yes they were frustrated and that is why they decided something new had to be done. Their idea didn't dissipate once they face the practical consequences of their action, they worked through them.

One of the biggest culture norms that is dividing this country is the push toward Marxism, another is the Critical Race Theory, these both will play an important role in the continuation of this country. There are those that enjoy the fruits of their labor without having to be told where those fruits are going to be divided. There are also those that believe in what MLK spoke of when he said "that we shouldn't judge a person by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." Most Americans in todays world believe that statement, yet, we have a federal government that is hell bent of dividing the people alone racial lines. There are people in this country that believe that we balance the playing field for all Americans by creating balance not by swinging the pendulum completely in the opposite direction. This country was build by people who put in the effort to succeed, these people came from all walks of life and of all races.

Yes, there are different cultural norms, but instead of accepting these as culture we are tearing them down for the sake of Marxism. Please show me one country that has allowed its people to flourish and enjoy their freedoms and liberties under Marxism.
Marxism? Lol. How do you define Marxism and where is it overrunning the country?

There are those who enjoy the fruits of their labor and those who enjoy the fruits of other people's labor.

CRT is suddenly dividing the country? No one was even talking about it a year ago. Give me a one sentence definition of CRT so i know that we're talking about the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom