• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

66% of Southern Republicans in favor of seceding from the U.S., poll shows

I wonder if it's possible to skip directly to Reconstruction the next time they try to start a war.
Just as long as we stick to reconstruction no matter what this time. The failure to stick with reconstruction doomed this country to decades of oppressive regimes.

Just as long as we stick to reconstruction no matter what this time. The failure to stick with reconstruction doomed this country to decades of oppressive regimes.
It was ended too soon.

I assume that sometime in the next century, Americans will harmoniously agree that the American experiment has failed. This huge nation will be divided into smaller republics where people can live with others of similar interests and cultural norms. That will be a win-win for everyone. People no doubt will wonder why they hadn't decided on this solution sooner.
Naaaawwww. If you think the GOP is scared of minorities, wait until they lose the power of the entire Republic. Our Navy will rust, Air Force not much better. The questions that faced the end of the USSR faces the failed Republic- who gets control over the nukes? Who safe guards and maintains them? Does each part of the cookie get an equal share of the military hardware pile??? Will each section have absolute right to make and break treaties??? What if the Pacific Independent state welcomes Chinese military and infrastructure assistance on their soil???

I don't see it as harmonious at all.... I also don't see it lasting in the face of Chinese and Russian power.... ✌️

Let them leave and see how living under Republican rule forever works out for them.
Let's see how they like super low taxes but at the same time piss poor or nonexistent public services and deregulation of companies that lets them get away with almost anything.
A true wonderland.

I strongly recommend reading the complete article at the linked page. That 66% of Southern GOPers support secession was not much of a surprise but the #2 region that supports secession did surprise me as did the region which least supports the idea of states leaving the USA.

Naturally, a couple of the 'clowns' at FauxNews are all in favor of some states leaving the USA

Now, personally, I see those who wish to secede as being the "people who hate this country.” But -- hey, they were only joking - right?
Oddly enough I'm for some states leaving the union. Hell, for that matter leaving the country. You hearing me kentucky, alabama, mississippi, arkansas, missouri, wyoming, montana and a host of others.

I strongly recommend reading the complete article at the linked page. That 66% of Southern GOPers support secession was not much of a surprise but the #2 region that supports secession did surprise me as did the region which least supports the idea of states leaving the USA.

Naturally, a couple of the 'clowns' at FauxNews are all in favor of some states leaving the USA

Now, personally, I see those who wish to secede as being the "people who hate this country.” But -- hey, they were only joking - right?
Hmm, I would be willing to bet this is the same group who considers themselves true patriots, refuses to get vaccinated and think their taxes are too high and dems are drinking kids' blood.

As with every poll, take this with a grain of salt. As a lifelong resident of the south in multiple states, I can assure you the true number is nowhere near that percentage. While, there are certainly people who feel that way, far and away most realize this is not even remotely a good idea.

The southern strategy comes home to roost. Pandering to the segregationists and letting them have any voice ensured we would still be dealing with them for generations more
Your about fifty years behind the times - "The Southern Strategy"? Really? Most current southern republicans were still in diapers when that was a thing.

BrightLineWatch is a crazyfuntown org.

No one is seceding anytime no how.

Next?

Let them succeed!

They just can't have the land.

Go off, find a country where you'll be happy!

Of course not, the primary wealth of a Nation is the land itself.

They want their slavery back.

When the country was founded, it was the States that had the say so in dealing with D.C., but into todays world, the Federal government has become the Monarchy and the States have reverted back to being Colonies and the People back to being Subjects of the Crown (D.C.)

Yes, I think it time we break this country into smaller Republics.

Okay, but, what if, instead of having six smaller republics under a national umbrella...

secession_unions_pid_overall-1536x1264.png

We had, like, fifty of them instead, with a small government in DC doing only what had to be handled at the federal level?

Okay, but, what if, instead of having six smaller republics under a national umbrella...

We had, like, fifty of them instead, with a small government in DC doing only what had to be handled at the federal level?
Yeah, but then we realized many states refused to obey the Constitution and tried BS games like 'separate but equal'. Decided some veterans didn't deserve the same rights as those who never risked as much as a paper cut in defense of this country. Yanno stuff like that.... problem with 'small' government is found in Articles of Confederation- both pre- Constitution and during the War Between the States... ✌️

Why exactly do you leftists have a problem with the people you hate seceding?

They hate our country. Remember when you guys used to love our country and wanted to defend it against all enemies foreign and domestic?

Good times.

You mean like destabilizing plagues? Tha’ts the problem with how you folks define stuff that should be handled at the federal level. You don’t want the government involved unless you want your taxes cut or to take over Twitter.

Yeah, but then we realized many states refused to obey the Constitution and tried BS games like 'separate but equal'. Decided some veterans didn't deserve the same rights as those who never risked as much as a paper cut in defense of this country. Yanno stuff like that.... problem with 'small' government is found in Articles of Confederation- both pre- Constitution and during the War Between the States... ✌️

Not at all, because, in fact, both of those issues were solved with Federalism. :) As, hopefully, will the current results to restore "separate but equal".

1626742634103.png

Who gets the nukes? Lets assume that the New Confederacy of Trumpistan cannot build new ones for obvious reasons.

parasites don't want hosts to leave?

Speaking of parasites... Southern states disproportionately utilize government resources (read: welfare). They are effectively bankrolled by more prosperous states, which have a more liberal lean. I believe the 15 poorest states are all red.

If conservatives seceded, they wouldn't be able to govern themselves, especially since they have no coherent governing philosophy beyond authoritarianism. It would just be a cycle of Trumpian grifters kletocratically siphoning what little resources the right-wing could muster before a complete societal collapse and free-for-all.

However such a divorce happens, the conservatives must never be given nukes. I'd rather give them ALL to Iran than give them to Trumpers.

Speaking of parasites... Southern states disproportionately utilize government resources (read: welfare). They are effectively bankrolled by more prosperous states, which have a more liberal lean. I believe the 15 poorest states are all red.

If conservatives seceded, they wouldn't be able to govern themselves, especially since they have no coherent governing philosophy beyond authoritarianism. It would just be a cycle of Trumpian grifters kletocratically siphoning what little resources the right-wing could muster before a complete societal collapse and free-for-all.

However such a divorce happens, the conservatives must never be given nukes. I'd rather give them ALL to Iran than give them to Trumpers.
you all pretend that everyone in a blue state is a net tax payer and a democrat and all those in red states are net tax consumers and a republican. Facts contradict this

I hope they do secede. The Deep South is like a gangrenous limb that needs to be removed.

you all pretend that everyone in a blue state is a net tax payer and a democrat and all those in red states are net tax consumers and a republican. Facts contradict this

I'm not pretending anything. I'm saying if there were parasite states, they would mostly be Republican-leaning. Republicans cannot govern and frankly don't pretend to want to govern.

you all pretend that everyone in a blue state is a net tax payer and a democrat and all those in red states are net tax consumers and a republican.

No one made this broad brush claim.

Why exactly do you leftists have a problem with the people you hate seceding?

I don't have a problem with the conspiratorial racist morons seceding at all.

Back
Top Bottom