• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

$635 billion ??!!

Drudgz is reporting the cost to build the Obama-Care website is 635 BILLION ??
NO PETE, the article Drudge links to is saying the cost was 635 BILLION, not million.

It is another day in Fentonland, where orders of magnitude are overlooked, where misreading of documents is de rigueur!

drudge.jpg
DrudgeReportArchives.com © 2013

Will Fenton slow down....and stop blaming his phone?

No, this is how it is.

Last edited:
650 million.. big difference. That is 13 million per state, or a bit over 2 bucks a citizen.. hardly massive.

Who charges to create a website on a per capita basis? The same software should work for 1 or 330,000,000 people. It's hardware that has to be scaled and there are plenty of ways to do that that don't approach even $20 million.

This website just isn't complicated enough to justify this high of an amount.

I just googled California Exchange and got right in to the website, put in my zip, and went to a page where I can compare plans, no glitches, no problem.

Has this problem been fixed?

If so, why is anyone even talking about it at this point?

NO PETE, the article Drudge links to is saying the cost was 635 BILLION, not million.

It doesn't seem possible.

And you can justify down any expense and your Govt ripping you off if you quantify the expense on a per capita basis.

But it doesn't change the fact they're still ripping you off.

For God's sake it is million, not billion.

That difference is three zeros.

Cripe!

I just googled California Exchange and got right in to the website, put in my zip, and went to a page where I can compare plans, no glitches, no problem.

Has this problem been fixed?

If so, why is anyone even talking about it at this point?

The main exchange that is maintained by the federal government covers 34 states and it's still broken last I checked a couple hours ago.

Maybe California is just ahead of the game.

It seems any of the states that decided to create their own exchange are ahead of the game compared to those that opted for the federal site.

It linked to a website that reported a 9 digit number.

And it may be a typo indeed, but you're still qualifying a 635 million dollar expense by basing it on a per-capita basis.

Its a bit hypocritical for you to call drudge dishonest, don't you think ?

Woudnt a 9 digit number be millions and not billions?

DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Then you are being fooled, or Drudge did a massive typo (not the first time) to piss people like you off.

How about just staying away from that idiotic site? :)
Oh yeah right, all the Drudge commentaries and op-eds are idiotic.

<<< saving for the next time I see you post a link >>>

Canadians got the Contract ?

To build the 635 Million dollar Web-Site that doesn't work ?

CGI Group was the CANADIAN Contractor who sold Obama a 404 error for 635 MILLION dollars.

Unbelievable.

Shipping masses of IT work out of the US is OK as long as Obama's doing it.

Re: Canadians got the Contract ?

To build the 635 Million dollar Web-Site that doesn't work ?

CGI Group was the CANADIAN Contractor who sold Obama a 404 error for 635 MILLION dollars.

Unbelievable.

Shipping masses of IT work out of the US is OK as long as Obama's doing it.

Their parent company was fired by the Canadians after failing to successfully set up a medical records website. Three years late and still not working.

Nice that we checked references, huh?

Canadian officials fired IT firm behind troubled Obamacare website | WashingtonExaminer.com

Oh, then it's okay. ;)

Well what that means is the actual website is cheaper than thought but it also means 548 million was probably lost in bureaucracy in somewhere.

While I'd prefer the business be kept within the States I really don't have a problem with a Canadian firm. It does seem someone should have checked their references. In the real world a manager's head would roll for such an error in judgment but I suppose the responsible hiring party will be promoted and transferred.

:roll:

Thom Paine

No matter what their reasoning, there is simply no justification for for this bone-headed move... Therefore, you can be assured that the main stream news media will NOT be reporting on this one.

While I'd prefer the business be kept within the States I really don't have a problem with a Canadian firm. It does seem someone should have checked their references. In the real world a manager's head would roll for such an error in judgment but I suppose the responsible hiring party will be promoted and transferred.

:roll:

Thom Paine

Well technically it was the Canadian firm bought the American IT firm that had all the government contracts.

Well technically it was the Canadian firm bought the American IT firm that had all the government contracts.

Ahaaa ! The thlot pickens.... :lol: In any undertaking "what can go wrong, will go wrong". The U.S. gub'mnt braintrust lacks awareness of real life situations and didn't allow for near certain glitches. Some may blame the business, maybe rightfully, but I lean toward the need to dismiss the braintrust.

The U.S. might also consider thanking the Canadian firm for keeping some U.S. ITs employed (if in fact they did).

Have a great day, Carjosse

Thom Paine

Wait...I thought it was $635 BILLION!!!!!

And you mean a PRIVATE CONTRACTOR was hired?!?!!?!

Govt just can't do ANYTHING right!!!

Well what that means is the actual website is cheaper than thought but it also means 548 million was probably lost in bureaucracy in somewhere.

No one thinks that desperate attempt at failure cost 635 million dollars.

The real issue should be where di the rest of that 635 million go ?

Curious ? I am and I wouldn't out it past this group of Democrats to blatantly misuse that amount of money.

Wait...I thought it was $635 BILLION!!!!!

And you mean a PRIVATE CONTRACTOR was hired?!?!!?!

Govt just can't do ANYTHING right!!!

A Canadian private contractor.

Should you be complaining about US jobs going overseas or something ?

And NO ONE, thinks that web-site cost 635 million dollars. Are you curious at all where the rest of the money went ?

Ahaaa ! The thlot pickens.... :lol: In any undertaking "what can go wrong, will go wrong". The U.S. gub'mnt braintrust lacks awareness of real life situations and didn't allow for near certain glitches. Some may blame the business, maybe rightfully, but I lean toward the need to dismiss the braintrust.

The U.S. might also consider thanking the Canadian firm for keeping some U.S. ITs employed (if in fact they did).

Have a great day, Carjosse

Thom Paine

Some ? You mean we don't have the IT wherewith-all in the US to take on the job of producing a website that's practically unworkable ?

And where did all of that 635 million dollars go ? No one thinks that site actually cost 635 million.

For God's sake it is million, not billion.

That difference is three zeros.

Cripe!

Read my post where I said " It had to be a mistake", although 635 million is a bit much for a website that doesn't work.

Too bad we hired the Canadians to build this catastrophe,and do you REALLY think it cost 635 million ? I don't.

A Canadian private contractor.
That purchased the US company that has the contract work.

Should you be complaining about US jobs going overseas or something ?
Canadian ownership....is overseas?

And NO ONE, thinks that web-site cost 635 million dollars.
Especially you, you thought it was $635 BILLION.
Are you curious at all where the rest of the money went ?
As soon as you get your decimal place set, I'm sure you will find some story on some RW site.....that will get the story wrong....and then eventually the whole story will come together....and you will shown as wrong...again. It nearly always goes like that.

PS....I don't suppose you remember the implementation of Medicare D?

PPS...Since when did you get all "American labor" yadda yadda? Weren't you part of the "Let GM die" crowd?

Back
Top Bottom