• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

$60M Per Week Being Spent to Shelter Illegal Immigrant Minors

Luther

Another California Refugee
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What?

Does money grow on trees?

The Biden administration is reportedly shelling out $60 million per week to care for the more than 16,000 illegal immigrant minors being housed in Department of Health and Human Services shelters.

The dollar figure comes from an analysis of government data obtained by The Washington Post.

As the number of illegal immigrant unaccompanied minors pouring over the border has surged in the past several weeks, HHS swiftly filled the 7,700 available beds in its shelters. The Post noted the cost of housing each minor is about $290 daily.

That's less than 10c (how do you write cents? does the c come before or after the number?) per person per week.
Not exactly a lot to safeguard that many children and given the US is supposed to be a deeply Christian country it shouldn't be a problem.

That's less than 10c (how do you write cents? does the c come before or after the number?) per person per week.
Not exactly a lot to safeguard that many children and given the US is supposed to be a deeply Christian country it shouldn't be a problem.

That's less than 10c

Huh?

The Post noted the cost of housing each minor is about $290 daily.

I think you need to check your math.

That should really piss off the working poor, here they are obeying the laws, and making, maybe, $290 a week before taxes.

I feel for these kids, I really do, and I think we need to reform our immigration system to try and be more fair, but we are just inviting parents to drop their kids on our borders, with the promise that we will take care of them.

That just puts us in an impossible situation.

What?

Does money grow on trees?

Hating baseball, football, Coca Cola, basketball, and now children.

The 2022 GOP Platform is coming together nicely.

That should really piss off the working poor, here they are obeying the laws, and making, maybe, $290 a week before taxes.

I feel for these kids, I really do, and I think we need to reform our immigration system to try and be more fair, but we are just inviting parents to drop their kids on our borders, with the promise that we will take care of them.

, and I think we need to reform our immigration system to try and be more fair,

What do you mean by that?

Not really

The "working poor" don't pay Fed/state income tax

The "working poor" get many various forms of welfare

They're just fine where they are

What do you mean by that?
I mean, I think we can take in some amount of economic refugees, but the entire system is very broken. I know a few people that came here on work visas, fallowed the laws, yet were still deported when their employment ended, tho the were eastern European, so take from that what you will.

What I don't like, and what I do not want to see is our immigration system being used as a tool for forced social change, as it's being used right now.

The USG has ****ed over Latin America for a long time. That Raygun criminal was probably the worst. Quit your sniveling.

Talking in platitudes or something?

See for yourself(wink)

Cmon, Luther. Let's talk turkey. Do you honestly believe there is only 'one woman' that "is of the opinion" we should not house, clothe, and feed these needy children?

I mean, I think we can take in some amount of economic refugees, but the entire system is very broken. I know a few people that came here on work visas, fallowed the laws, yet were still deported when their employment ended, tho the were eastern European, so take from that what you will.

What I don't like, and what I do not want to see is our immigration system being used as a tool for forced social change, as it's being used right now.

I mean, I think we can take in some amount of economic refugees

Like we did during the Great recession?

Like we're when we're handing out Trillions in COVID relief now?

Cmon, Luther. Let's talk turkey. Do you honestly believe there is only 'one woman' that "is of the opinion" we should not house, clothe, and feed these needy children?

No, they're a minority is all(wink)

It was one Women who come up with the poem on the statue of liberty(wink)

Talking in platitudes or something?
Look at the Wikipedia page on USG regime change in Latin America and get a clue.

No, they're a minority is all(wink)
How about you? Would you turn a hungry child away, and leave it to possibly die, because of money? I couldn't do that, personally.

Argentina

In Argentina, military forces overthrew the democratically elected President Isabel Perón in the 1976 Argentine coup d'état, starting the military dictatorship of General Jorge Rafael Videla, known as the National Reorganization Process, resulting in around 30,000 forced disappearances. Both the coup and the following authoritarian regime was eagerly endorsed and supported by the United States government[citation needed] with US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger paying several official visits to Argentina during the dictatorship.[5][6] Among the many human rights violations committed during the period were extrajudicial arrests, mass executions, torture, rape, disappearances of political prisoners and dissenters,[7] and illegal relocations of children born from pregnant women (both pregnant before their imprisonment or made pregnant by the continuous rape).[5][7] According to Spanish judge Baltazar Garzón, Kissinger was a witness to these crimes.[8]

How about you? Would you turn a hungry child away, and leave it to possibly die, because of money? I couldn't do that, personally.

Please write your personal check out to: The poor Refugee Children's Fund

Back
Top Bottom