• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

60 days and Attorney General William Barr.

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
There is a long-standing practice for Attorneys General to avoid either opening new cases or taking significant actions in on-going cases which have political implications during the 60 day period prior to an election. This protects the Attorney General from charges of taking sides in an election.

The 60 day period starts within a day or two, depending on how you are counting.

This can be seen as a test of whether Attorney General William Barr considers his loyalty to the office he holds and the United States of America above his loyalty to President of the United States of America Donald Trump. [Ed.: There are, of course, other interpretations, but none come readily to mind at the moment.]

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Last edited:
There is a long-standing practice for Attorneys General to avoid either opening new cases or taking significant actions in on-going cases which have political implications during the 60 day period prior to an election. This protects the Attorney General from charges of taking sides in an election.

The 60 day period starts within a day or two, depending on how you are counting.

This can be seen as a test of whether Attorney General William Barr considers his loyalty to the office he holds and the United States of America above his loyalty to President of the United States of America Donald Trump. [Ed.: There are, of course, other interpretations, but none come readily to mind at the moment.]

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

What new or on-going cases do you think have political implications?

Do any directly involve Biden or Trump?

This can be seen as a test of whether Attorney General William Barr considers his loyalty to the office he holds and the United States of America above his loyalty to President of the United States of America Donald Trump. .

lol, yeah, there is a question. lol

It is extremely obvious that Barr will break this norm. Wouldn't be surprised if Barr put Biden in handcuffs during the third debate.

There is no such policy in the DOJ. However, the political implications of investigations upon specific candidates being investigated is understood in both direction. It would be as much a problem to announce an investigation on somebody right before an election than it would to announce one on somebody right after an election.

Barr has stated Biden is not under investigation. So there is no need to be concerned about any announcement that would impact Mr. Biden himself.

One need only watch a few minutes of this interview.....

It is extremely obvious that Barr will break this norm. Wouldn't be surprised if Barr put Biden in handcuffs during the third debate.

I would laugh my ass off. But then again we have precedent with Comey and the Hillary investigation. So hey that whole thing went up in smoke last last time around. So there is that.

Trump and the gop has crapped all over precedence, I expect more of the same.

When is the Durham report coming out? October?

Sure; like Barr gives a **** about tradition ... or ... the law for that matter.

I thought Barr said he was going to investigate the plane full of thugs that flew simultaneously to and from D.C.

When you put "I don't think anything we'll do will violate our policy" into the same bucket as "I don't know if voting twice is a crime," then it's pretty much guaranteed that whatever he's going to do in the next sixty days is going to violate the spirit of the policy.

When you put "I don't think anything we'll do will violate our policy" into the same bucket as "I don't know if voting twice is a crime," then it's pretty much guaranteed that whatever he's going to do in the next sixty days is going to violate the spirit of the policy.

Watching the body language and facial expressions, I think the fix is in! Cheshire Cat has bupkis on Bill Barr.......

Watching the body language and facial expressions, I think the fix is in! Cheshire Cat has bupkis on Bill Barr.......

The subtext of that interview was pretty obvious: "This is not a conversation or a debate; we're gonna do what we wanna do."

The subtext of that interview was pretty obvious: "This is not a conversation or a debate; we're gonna do what we wanna do."

“.....and whatcha gonna do about it?”

He'll do whatever Punkinhead tells him to do.

I thought Barr said he was going to investigate the plane full of thugs that flew simultaneously to and from D.C.

Okay. Does that directly involve Biden or Trump?

Or does that only involve anarchists and rioters?

If you are talking about the Russia Hoax, it is a political crime and is at it’s very core a political case as any case can be. The fabricated case was aimed at overturning the 2016 election, and caused much administration energy to be directed at defending the presidency against this crime. The agreement was not meant for a crime such as this.

So suck it up. Durham has the moral authority to **** all over the Democrats on behalf of honest anti-coup Americans.

So to my TDS friends, BOHICA, over and over.

If you are talking about the Russia Hoax, it is a political crime and is at it’s very core a political case as any case can be. The fabricated case was aimed at overturning the 2016 election, and caused much administration energy to be directed at defending the presidency against this crime. The agreement was not meant for a crime such as this.

So suck it up. Durham has the moral authority to **** all over the Democrats on behalf of honest anti-coup Americans.

So to my TDS friends, BOHICA, over and over.

What is the legal definition of a "political crime?"

He looks like Ralphie....

tenor.gif

They have oct surprises planned. Scam indictments, scam traps, scam smears. They have some kind of scam already in the works.

They have oct surprises planned. Scam indictments, scam traps, scam smears. They have some kind of scam already in the works.

Is that supposed to be an answer to my question?

Okay. Does that directly involve Biden or Trump?

Or does that only involve anarchists and rioters?

It has political implications, which was your original criteria. I don't accept mobile goal posts.:mrgreen:

It has political implications, which was your original criteria. I don't accept mobile goal posts.:mrgreen:

Anything can have political "implications". I asked if it directly involves Biden or Trump.

Anything can have political "implications". I asked if it directly involves Biden or Trump.

You posted:

It has political implications. Never mind that it's silly.

Back
Top Bottom