• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

6 Popular Trump Myths

CriticalThought

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes truth. I want a thread to challenge the 6 biggest lies Trump promotes about himself to his followers.

1. Trump has done a lot.

He hasn't. His biggest accomplishments are a tax cut for the wealthy and two SCOTUS justices that any conservative president could have gotten confirmed. Everything else is executive actions or rule changes that bear little long term weight.

2. The economy is doing well because of Trump.

It was doing very well before him and he has not produced anything near the growth he promised.

3. Trump is a patriot.

He is a nationalist who sold out our country's elections to Russia to bolster his campaign.

4. Trump stands up to the Democrats.

Trump only appeals to a base of supporters who equate Democrats with being innately evil. He capitulates to the Democrats often but hides it behind a lot of tough Twitter talk about them being obstructionists unwilling to work with him.

5. Trump fights the establishment and drains the swamp.

He has done more for the wealthy, elite, and well connected at the expense of everyone else than perhaps any other president. The government is not significantly smaller, more efficient, or less corrupt under Trump.

6. Trump is a victim of the media and deep state.

Trump is subject to the same freedom of press and bureaucracy as any politician, he just whines way more about it so it seems like he is being targeted.

Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes truth. I want a thread to challenge the 6 biggest lies Trump promotes about himself to his followers.

1. Trump has done a lot.

He hasn't. His biggest accomplishments are a tax cut for the wealthy and two SCOTUS justices that any conservative president could have gotten confirmed. Everything else is executive actions or rule changes that bear little long term weight.

It was doing very well before him and he has not produced anything near the growth he promised.

3. Trump is a patriot.

He is a nationalist who sold out our country's elections to Russia to bolster his campaign.

Trump only appeals to a base of supporters who equate Democrats with being innately evil. He capitulates to the Democrats often but hides it behind a lot of tough Twitter talk about them being obstructionists unwilling to work with him.

He has done more for the wealthy, elite, and well connected at the expense of everyone else than perhaps any other president. The government is not significantly smaller, more efficient, or less corrupt under Trump.

Trump is subject to the same freedom of press and bureaucracy as any politician, he just whines way more about it so it seems like he is being targeted.

And yet he's going to win a landslide victory in 2020. Go figure...

1. Trump has done a lot.

Actually I got a big tax cut and my income is only the third tier ($51,800 - $82,500). I more than doubled the amount of money I kept via both the lowered tax withholdings and the doubled standard deduction. So the tax cut wasn't just for the rich.

Meanwhile he also did all this: Donald J. Trump's Accomplishment's List | MAGA PILL

Moreover, Obama (yes the prior President comes up again) did much of HIS work via Executive Order.

Typical response from your side of the argument. Trump didn't do anything to create the economic boom. It's all thanks to Obama (according to Obama himself) or other factors. :roll:

3. Trump is a patriot.

I am a nationalist, as I love the USA and it's basic cultural and political achievements. BTW, didn't you read the memo? Trump did not sell out our election to the Russians. Get over the TDS from losing the election already.[/QUOTE]

Pure personal opinion, wrong of course...but you are entitled to it anyway. :shrug:

Again, a simple matter of opinion. Subject to disagreement.

IMO, it is becoming clear that he has been the victim of a "deep state" plot to undermine his Presidency via the Collusion hoax. A hoax perpetrated by members of the FBI, DOJ and Intelligence agencies. You know, that infamous "insurance policy" we are learning more and more about?

Yes, he is subject to freedom of the press. That has nothing to do with not being a target. Clearly he has been the subject of a massive anti-Trump media campaign which has lied, misinformed, slanted, and otherwise done everything to make him look as bad as possible, even when he has done something any other President would have been lauded for (Like efforts to negotiate with N. Korea).

However, having said all of this I have to reiterate. You are entitled to your opinion, but opinion is not truth. It is merely how one looks at facts through the lens of their own confirmation and assumption biases.

Last edited:

Okay, let's look at these lies, eh?

1. Trump has done a lot.

EO's and regulations are part of the tools the President has at his disposal. Every President uses them. Cooperation from Congress is desired by every President, but Congress doesn't always cooperate. The fact that Trump has made extensive used of EO's and regulations and that Congress doesn't want to cooperate with Trump very much doesn't mean he hasn't "done a lot". The facts say he has.

See here: Donald J. Trump's Accomplishment's List | MAGA PILL Now that is a lot of stuff!!

It was doing very well before him

And it's doing even better now.

and he has not produced anything near the growth he promised.

And just think...if he'd have the cooperation from Congress he needs, he would be exceeding his promises.

3. Trump is a patriot.

Mueller disagrees with you about your selling out nonsense. Get over it.

Besides, being a nationalist does not preclude a person being a patriot. In fact, I would contend that a Nationalist is more of a patriot than a globalist.

Ask Nancy about Trump standing up to the Dems. (if you can expect an honest answer from her, that is) First, it was "NO MONEY FOR THE WALL" from her. But after a while, it was "OK. HERE'S A COUPLE BILLION."

We have quite a number LESS of Congressional Elites around now, so yeah...I'd say he's been fighting and draining.

Now this is just blind ignorance on your part.

Three key mainstream media outlets offered 90 percent negative coverage of President Donald Trump and his administration during their evening newscasts in 2018, according to a report released Tuesday by the Media Research Center (MRC).

It’s no secret that mainstream media reporters and pundits haven’t been thrilled with the Trump administration — and the president often rails against the “fake news media” and their biased coverage.

But MRC listened to and analyzed evening newscasts from purportedly unbiased networks — ABC News, CBS News and NBC News — and found the coverage to be “incessantly hostile” midway through Trump’s first term in office.

Mainstream Media Coverage of Trump Was 90 Percent Negative in 2018

Keep in mind that this is only about 3 network organizations and their evening newscasts. It says nothing about the "cable" organizations...which I would guess are closer to 98% negative.

But what should really chap your ass is this from that same study:

Although the networks offered unrelentingly negative Trump coverage last year, the president’s approval rating rose slightly, from 40 percent to 42.7 percent from 2017 to 2018, according to the RealClearPolitics average.

Sucks, doesn't it?

Anyway, I think you should learn the difference in meaning between "myth" and "truth".

Okay, let's look at these lies, eh?

EO's and regulations are part of the tools the President has at his disposal. Every President uses them. Cooperation from Congress is desired by every President, but Congress doesn't always cooperate. The fact that Trump has made extensive used of EO's and regulations and that Congress doesn't want to cooperate with Trump very much doesn't mean he hasn't "done a lot". The facts say he has.

See here: Donald J. Trump's Accomplishment's List | MAGA PILL Now that is a lot of stuff!!

And it's doing even better now.

And just think...if he'd have the cooperation from Congress he needs, he would be exceeding his promises.

Mueller disagrees with you about your selling out nonsense. Get over it.

Besides, being a nationalist does not preclude a person being a patriot. In fact, I would contend that a Nationalist is more of a patriot than a globalist.

Ask Nancy about Trump standing up to the Dems. (if you can expect an honest answer from her, that is) First, it was "NO MONEY FOR THE WALL" from her. But after a while, it was "OK. HERE'S A COUPLE BILLION."

We have quite a number LESS of Congressional Elites around now, so yeah...I'd say he's been fighting and draining.

Now this is just blind ignorance on your part.

Keep in mind that this is only about 3 network organizations and their evening newscasts. It says nothing about the "cable" organizations...which I would guess are closer to 98% negative.

But what should really chap your ass is this from that same study:

Sucks, doesn't it?

Anyway, I think you should learn the difference in meaning between "myth" and "truth".

You lost any credibility once you hit the Meuller comment. And I quote...

“while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him”

Pretty clear. So you get the **** over it. You back a crook who asks people to lie for him but who are smart enough not to do it.

Pretty clear. So you get the **** over it. You back a crook who asks people to lie for him but who are smart enough not to do it.

That Mueller quote you present pertains to obstruction...not collusion.

Dismissed.

1. Trump has done a lot.

False. Tax cuts affect 80-90% of all workers.
Critical Thought said:

False, it was limping along at best, averaging less than 2% growth for Obama's entire term. HE EVEN TOLD US slow growth was the new normal.
CriticalThought said:
3. Trump is a patriot.

Total ****ing lie. Mueller couldn't find it.

CriticalThought said:

NONSENSE. pure bull****.
CriticalThought said:

BULL****. He added more than a half-million new manufacturing jobs, created more job openings than people to fill them - driving up wages. Reduced the numbers of unemployment claims, and set new records in unemployment rates for minorities.
CriticalThought said:

Bull****. 90-95% of Trump's press coverage is negative. The sins of Comey, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Strzok, Page and Rosenstein are just coming to light.

Based on the about I recommend you change your screen name to UncriticalSpewer.

Why do you like being lied to by the guy?
Based on your OP seems like worrying about why someone else has been lied to is ironic given the magnitude of lies you spew as "truths".

1. Trump has done a lot.

3. Trump is a patriot.

people.jpg

Your quote is typical LW denial. Mueller phrased it in classic lawyer style. He found Trump "not guilty" of collusion, just as defendants in trials are never found "innocent", just "guilty" or "not guilty". Mueller, and most of us know that it's difficult if not impossible to prove a negative.

False. Tax cuts affect 80-90% of all workers.
False, it was limping along at best, averaging less than 2% growth for Obama's entire term. HE EVEN TOLD US slow growth was the new normal.
Total ****ing lie. Mueller couldn't find it.

NONSENSE. pure bull****.
BULL****. He added more than a half-million new manufacturing jobs, created more job openings than people to fill them - driving up wages. Reduced the numbers of unemployment claims, and set new records in unemployment rates for minorities.
Bull****. 90-95% of Trump's press coverage is negative. The sins of Comey, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Strzok, Page and Rosenstein are just coming to light.

Based on the about I recommend you change your screen name to UncriticalSpewer.

I think you have drank the Kool Aid if you believe any of that is true. The first claim about affecting "80 to 90% of workers" is false. Most people got a tax cut but the benefit was so weighted to the favor of the wealthy and corporations that I now pay a higher effective tax rate than companies like Verizon, Comcast, and Kraft Heinz. But some old lady gets a few dollars more every month and you treat it like Trump made it rain on the poor.

Based on your OP seems like worrying about why someone else has been lied to is ironic given the magnitude of lies you spew as "truths".

I know the truth burns you but your Orange Idol is lying to you.

Your quote is typical LW denial. Mueller phrased it in classic lawyer style. He found Trump "not guilty" of collusion, just as defendants in trials are never found "innocent", just "guilty" or "not guilty". Mueller, and most of us know that it's difficult if not impossible to prove a negative.

Of course he isn't guilty of collusion. There is nothing illegal about profiting off selling out the integrity of a nation's elections. It is just a ****ty thing to do and speaks to the integrity of the man and his followers. Obstruction...we can sort that out when he is no longer president. Telling people to lie for you and break the law in the process is not a good color, but if you want to defend that behavior then feel free. This man is already more corrupt than the Clintons, so you might as well own it all the way.

Why do you think posting false Democratic Party talking points - repeating for the 1,001 time what other partisan Democrats have posted - accomplishes anything and merited a new thread? Why do you like Democratic Party and talking heads lies?

Of course he isn't guilty of collusion. There is nothing illegal about profiting off selling out the integrity of a nation's elections.
Nor any proof.

CriticalThought said:
It is just a ****ty thing to do and speaks to the integrity of the man and his followers. Obstruction...we can sort that out when he is no longer president. Telling people to lie for you and break the law in the process is not a good color, but if you want to defend that behavior then feel free. This man is already more corrupt than the Clintons, so you might as well own it all the way.
LOL, wonderfully vapid speech. :roll:

Why do you believe those crazy 6 big lies you just told. Failure to accept the man has done a good job and the economy is in the best shape in decades is why democrats are setting themselves up for another big disappointment in 2020.

1. Trump has done a lot.

3. Trump is a patriot.

You should have titled your post something like The Propagandists' Guide to Denial for TDS Victims[emoji2398].

And your lot has the moxi to call President Trump a liar? [emoji849] -- "What next?"

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom