• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5th Circuit rules planned parenthood may be defunded, and also that they’re liars

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.na...antles-planned-parenthood-talking-points/amp/

Basically the State of Texas may defund planned parenthood over the videos showing their bloodstained hellscape practices of selling body parts, the court also noted testimony showing the videos were accurate and not deceptively edited, countering a false claim that PP apologists uncritically repeated.

The fact is, regardless of opinions on abortion, PP possesses way more political power then any single group should have, they have long counted on favoritism to openly violate many regulatory and criminal laws, and leftists who have long used regulatory laws to stifle businesses, suddenly become Austrian School economists just for their very own donor, odd huh?

Here's the problem. My wife went to PP for a couple few years while in college and after. Never got an abortion. Abortions are a tiny portion of their operation. You're going to be punitive to all the good they do...because sometimes, they perform abortions.

Texas. Go figure.

Damn Texans and their respect for rule of law and virtuous moral behavior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If laws were broken then fine. Investigate away. File charges. Take them to court.

Uhhh yeah that’s what’s happening, keep up

The "virtuous moral behavior" part is where Texas can go stuff it.
Virtuous moral behavior is a good thing. Killing people is objectively wrong, full stop except in self defense or properly sanctioned penalty

It's not government's job to determine it's citizens' "moral behaviour". I'm not applying my statement specifically to abortion, but in general. Mind your own P's & Q's. We have more moral do gooders than we need, particularly of the religions variety (of which I suspect this is law is the result).

Here's the problem. My wife went to PP for a couple few years while in college and after. Never got an abortion. Abortions are a tiny portion of their operation. You're going to be punitive to all the good they do...because sometimes, they perform abortions.

My friend's daughter was off parent insurance and had a positive PAP smear. She was in the county system. First it took weeks to get the positive result. She took and appointment weeks away just to have them tell her that it would be many weeks to start treatment. She was freaking out. She is told she essentially has cancer (actually a precancer, but still)and she has to wait for up to two months for treatment. The Nurse Practitioner told her to look into Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood was able to start a series of treatments in under two weeks. Even after she graduated college and had a great job she stuck with Planned Parenthood until she started her family.

My friend's daughter was off parent insurance and had a positive PAP smear. She was in the county system. First it took weeks to get the positive result. She took and appointment weeks away just to have them tell her that it would be many weeks to start treatment. She was freaking out. She is told she essentially has cancer (actually a precancer, but still)and she has to wait for up to two months for treatment. The Nurse Practitioner told her to look into Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood was able to start a series of treatments in under two weeks. Even after she graduated college and had a great job she stuck with Planned Parenthood until she started her family.

Fake news. Funded by the sale of bloody aborted fetuses.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.na...antles-planned-parenthood-talking-points/amp/

Basically the State of Texas may defund planned parenthood over the videos showing their bloodstained hellscape practices of selling body parts, the court also noted testimony showing the videos were accurate and not deceptively edited, countering a false claim that PP apologists uncritically repeated.

The fact is, regardless of opinions on abortion, PP possesses way more political power then any single group should have, they have long counted on favoritism to openly violate many regulatory and criminal laws, and leftists who have long used regulatory laws to stifle businesses, suddenly become Austrian School economists just for their very own donor, odd huh?

That is such bull**** the NRA holds far more power and they have been more corrupt. Your comments are bull**** and I for one am glad you are leaving the US. You have what, 10 more months now before we finally get rid of you?

Are you actually implying the GOP and their base has morals. If you say yes, I say grab all the ***** you can.

Here's the problem? To you, maybe. To others it clearly is not.

Are you actually implying the GOP and their base has morals. If you say yes, I say grab all the ***** you can.
Well before you do all that grabbing, you make sure it is what they are allowing you to do, as was originally stated.

Well before you do all that grabbing, you make sure it is what they are allowing you to do, as was originally stated.

Are you now saying it's ok for the president to do it and the good christians will accept that but not good if I do it?

Are you now saying it's ok for the president to do it and the good christians will accept that but not good if I do it?
Really?
What was so hard for you to understand that the President spoke of what they allowed to be done, and hence you should make sure they are allowing you to do it if you engage in such behavior?

Virtuous moral behavior is a good thing. Killing people is objectively wrong, full stop except in self defense or properly sanctioned penalty

Virtuous moral behaviour is subjective. Abortion does not kill people.

This is relevant how?

So that's the difference? Bill was dishonest about his infidelity?

What the **** does Bill have to do with what I spoke of?

Trump was married. Allowed or not, he was engaging in infidelity. Which is typically the barb hurled at Bill.

Trump was married. Allowed or not, he was engaging in infidelity. Which is typically the barb hurled at Bill.

So in other words, Bill has not a damn thing to do with anything I said.
Right?

Actually the court made no determination as regards the video.

What the court said was that the district court erred in accepting testimony about the veracity of the video from the plaintiffs because that same testimony was not offered in the administrative proceeding that was used to defund PP. Based on that the court sent the case back to district court for consideration with the plaintiff’s new testimony excluded.

No people are killed during abortions. THat would be murder and clearly, abortion is legal and a morally acceptable choice (just how morally acceptable is using govt force to make women remain pregnant against their will?)

You of course can hold any opinion you wish but you cannot force it on others. The unborn are not people. THey are not counted in the census, they do not have a single right that they can exercise independently of the mother so they clearly are not 'equal'.

U.S. Code: § 8 “Person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual” as including born-alive infant

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/1/8

(a) In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words “person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual”, shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.

(b) As used in this section, the term “born alive”, with respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or extraction from his or her mother of that member, at any stage of development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a result of natural or induced labor, cesarean section, or induced abortion.

Really? There are times where killing people is entirely justfiable: war, self-defense, abortion. So your statement is objectively incorrect.

That you disagree about abortion indicates that you place the life of the unborn ahead of that of women...hardly a moral high point.

Unless you reduce the entirety of a life to a heartbeat, breathing, basic physiology that all but the the lowest organisms perform.

I value quality of life myself. Not just numbers, not just bodily functions.

No people are killed during abortions. THat would be murder and clearly, abortion is legal and a morally acceptable choice (just how morally acceptable is using govt force to make women remain pregnant against their will?)
Abortion is only legal because of judicial activism, you can’t play the “well it’s legal card” when courts seeded with leftist judges are usually trying to overturn the will of the people’s elected legislators at every turn.

You of course can hold any opinion you wish but you cannot force it on others.
I never advocated an opinion be made illegal, only an action.
The unborn are not people.
saying this doesn’t make it true.
THey are not counted in the census, they do not have a single right that they can exercise independently of the mother so they clearly are not 'equal'.
all of this can be changed by legislation once we get another Supreme Court seat. Also dependency does not create a right to terminate, otherwise the elderly or physically disabled or infants could be “aborted” for the convienence of the caretaker. That is a morally repugnant argument.

U.S. Code: § 8 “Person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual” as including born-alive infant

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/1/8

Again, you support this argument with complete self interest, in many countries the law is different, it used to be different in the US. You would never support the legal definition if it were changed to see a baby was a person

Really? There are times where killing people is entirely justfiable: war, self-defense, abortion. So your statement is objectively incorrect.

I said that actually.

That you disagree about abortion indicates that you place the life of the unborn ahead of that of women...hardly a moral high point.
no, it actually means I place them equally.
Unless you reduce the entirety of a life to a heartbeat, breathing, basic physiology that all but the the lowest organisms perform.
By this same argument infanticide should be a right.

I value quality of life myself. Not just numbers, not just bodily functions.
Me too, thankfully I wasn’t murdered in the womb and so my quality of life is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom