• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5th Circuit rules planned parenthood may be defunded, and also that they’re liars

Citizens' United had to do with campaign contributions.

As far as TARP, minimum wage, and the rest, I'm OK with that. It's not the taxpayers place to fund things for which the government has no delegated authority to establish.

Libertarian.

I'll talk more with you when you've hit your thirties.

PP is taxpayer funded. That means taxpayers are being forced to provide something to a woman that involves a body she says is solely her with which to make choices. Why is public money being used to fund things that are claimed to be a private matter?

Because without it, millions of women will go without vital medical care, on account of it being unafordable.

Which you don't care about. Only the strong survive, and all that.

Because without it, millions of women will go without vital medical care, on account of it being unafordable.

Which you don't care about. Only the strong survive, and all that.

That doesn't justify forcing people to pay for things related to a woman's choice about her body when she's said what she does is no one else's business. The argument women make is that what they do is a private matter. That being the case, it should be privately funded not publicly funded.

If you bleeding hearts actually cared as much as you claimed to care, no one would go without those things. When the need arose, you'd get together and personally fund them for women that didn't have the money. That would prove you cared. As it stands now, your claims are nothing but talk.

Since the standard that what a woman does with her body is her choice has been established, what comes with that is the responsibility to personally fund everything related to that choice. I don't care because the standard that women wanted and now have told me I no longer have to care.

Libertarian.

I'll talk more with you when you've hit your thirties.

No, I've found that most Libertarians are hypocrites.

You should have talked to be 25 years ago but I suspect at that time you were a mere child still crapping green and sucking tit for milk.

PP is taxpayer funded. That means taxpayers are being forced to provide something to a woman that involves a body she says is solely her with which to make choices. Why is public money being used to fund things that are claimed to be a private matter?

All title X clinics including PP clinics are partly funded by taxpayers.

Family planning may be a private matter for each family but congress knew many families were under educated about family planning and many others could not afford meds , testing, etc. By making clinics availed and more affordable the government could have save the taxpayers a lot of money.

A little history about the title X clinics:

The Title X Family Planning Program, officially known as Public Law 91-572 or "Population Research and Voluntary Family Planning Programs", was enacted under President Richard Nixon in 1970 as part of the Public Health Service Act.

Title X is the only federal grant program dedicated solely to providing individuals with comprehensive family planning and related preventive health services. ... Its overall purpose is to promote positive birth outcomes and healthy families by allowing individuals to decide the number and spacing of their children.

With family planning fewer unplanned pregnancies occur and healthier children are born .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_X

All title X clinics including PP clinics are partly funded by taxpayers.

Family planning may be a private matter for each family but congress knew many families were under educated about family planning and many others could not afford meds , testing, etc. By making clinics availed and more affordable the government could have save the taxpayers a lot of money.

A little history about the title X clinics:

With family planning fewer unplanned pregnancies occur and healthier children are born .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_X

There you go assuming taxpayers should pay nor and/or later. If it's a private matter as you admit, it's not a public responsibility to provide any support to someone who claims their choice is no one else's business.

If someone can't afford it, that's their problem, not mine or any other taxpayer. However, if you feel they need help so much, help them with your money and stop claiming compassion because you support others being forced to do what you refuse to personally do.

Have you ever wondered why so many people continue to be irresponsible. It's because when they act that way, others are forced to pick up their slack. They don't learn to get better. They learn to that when they do it again, and again, and again, . . . and again, people like you will support forcing people like me to pay for it. No one owes them a thing. We're not their ATM. If they want it, let them earn it or do without.

I never cited Malthus and Erlrich. A country cannot reap crops sewn with GMO modified grains when there's no water and no soil in which to grow it in the first place. Global warming is a reality and in 20 to 40 years there will be no soil left to grow crops in, not enough water to sustain the growth if there were and definitely not enough food to feed the world's populations, that's for certain. Developing nations are currently consuming more than their land can provide so we're seeing great famines in parts of the world. An increasing population will make the situation even more dire for millions of people.

The question comes down to one thing. How many people can our planet actually support? Our planet isn't expanding. There is only so much space on this earth, not to mention only so many resources like food, water and energy – that can support a human population. So a growing human population most certainly poses some kind of a threat to the well-being of everyone living on planet Earth

Apparently quality of life is not high on pro-life people's priorities in general.

Living in a toxic toilet with zero privacy may appeal to some...but it's hard to imagine until you see people articulate their opinions.

He said he did not even ask them so how is that "allowing"?
Al you are doing is showing you do not know of what he spoke.
He spoke of things they allow. Not that he grabbed them by the *****. If you want to know how he obtained such knowledge, ask him, but do not put words into his mount he did not say.

There you go assuming taxpayers should pay nor and/or later. If it's a private matter as you admit, it's not a public responsibility to provide any support to someone who claims their choice is no one else's business.

If someone can't afford it, that's their problem, not mine or any other taxpayer. However, if you feel they need help so much, help them with your money and stop claiming compassion because you support others being forced to do what you refuse to personally do.

Have you ever wondered why so many people continue to be irresponsible. It's because when they act that way, others are forced to pick up their slack. They don't learn to get better. They learn to that when they do it again, and again, and again, . . . and again, people like you will support forcing people like me to pay for it. No one owes them a thing. We're not their ATM. If they want it, let them earn it or do without.

I made no assumtions I just gave you little history of the reasoning congress used when congress voted to partly fund title X programs. Nixon signed it into law .

Congress decides where our taxes go. Not you nor I.

First off this was not a conservative bench....
They were conservatives...show otherwise.
Were they? I have no idea. I'll use my epic Google skillz to find out.

Warren E. Burger: Conservative
William O. Douglas: Civil Libertarian
William J. Brennan Jr.: Liberal
Potter Stewart: Centrist-Right
William Rehnquist: Conservative
Byron White: Conservative
Thurgood Marshall: Liberal
Harry Blackmun: Liberal
Lewis F. Powell Jr: Conservative

It's worth noting that 3 of those 4 Conservatives voted for RvW, while 1 voted against.

Last edited:

It's worth noting that 3 of those 4 Conservatives voted for RvW, while 1 voted against.

Yes, I posted elsewhere it was a 7-2 vote for.

Burger was absolutely not a conservative. Maybe in name only, it wasn’t until Rehnquist became Chief Justice and some Reagan appointees got on the court that we started getting conservative jurisprudence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burger was absolutely not a conservative. Maybe in name only, it wasn’t until Rehnquist became Chief Justice and some Reagan appointees got on the court that we started getting conservative jurisprudence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, not taking your word for any of that when the record indicates otherwise.

I made no assumtions I just gave you little history of the reasoning congress used when congress voted to partly fund title X programs. Nixon signed it into law .

Congress decides where our taxes go. Not you nor I.

Irrelevant who signed it.

Those in Congress that claim what a woman does with her body that support funding Planned Parenthood has proven him/herself to be a hypocrite and someone that doesn't believe in personal responsibility.

Irrelevant who signed it.

Those in Congress that claim what a woman does with her body that support funding Planned Parenthood has proven him/herself to be a hypocrite and someone that doesn't believe in personal responsibility.

False.

Saving taxpayers money was the goal. The woman still has a choice.

False.

Saving taxpayers money was the goal. The woman still has a choice.

False. The best way to say money when it comes to situations where the woman making the choice can't afford to support the child(ren) SHE chose to have is to not provide her and the child(ren) with things funded by taxpayers. Again, SHE made the choice to not have an abortion and keep the child. No one forced her to do so. That means the responsibility to support those children is HERS and HERS alone since the decision was HERS and HERS alone.

Why do you think the taxpayers should fund the results of a choice they were told was none of their business?

False. The best way to say money when it comes to situations where the woman making the choice can't afford to support the child(ren) SHE chose to have is to not provide her and the child(ren) with things funded by taxpayers. Again, SHE made the choice to not have an abortion and keep the child. No one forced her to do so. That means the responsibility to support those children is HERS and HERS alone since the decision was HERS and HERS alone.

Why do you think the taxpayers should fund the results of a choice they were told was none of their business?

When a woman uses birth control she is saying no to pregnancy.

You may be all for letting children starve if the parents can’t afford to feed them but our congress/country has decided differently
. Title X was voted on by congress as a way to save taxpayers money.

Your rant is noted but it fails miserably.

You may be all for letting children starve if the parents can’t afford to feed them but our congress/country has decided differently

Not when birth control isn't 100% guaranteed and not when entities like the FDA have approved certain birth control medicines (i.e - Ortho Tri-Cyclen) for things like acne.

I'm all for the women you're willing to have the sole decision have the sole responsibility. That you think otherwise proves you oppose that concept.

If financial support is provided each time women CHOOSE to have children they can't afford, that's not saving money. It's costing more unless you have the same mentality many of them seem to have that having another child when you can't feed the ones you have will make it cheaper.

Your excuses are noted for what they are. Irresponsible enabling of freeloaders that refuse to take care of themselves and the results of the children they chose to have.

Not when birth control isn't 100% guaranteed and not when entities like the FDA have approved certain birth control medicines (i.e - Ortho Tri-Cyclen) for things like acne.

I'm all for the women you're willing to have the sole decision have the sole responsibility. That you think otherwise proves you oppose that concept.

If financial support is provided each time women CHOOSE to have children they can't afford, that's not saving money. It's costing more unless you have the same mentality many of them seem to have that having another child when you can't feed the ones you have will make it cheaper.

Your excuses are noted for what they are. Irresponsible enabling of freeloaders that refuse to take care of themselves and the results of the children they chose to have.

You misunderstand the US Constitutional right to privacy.

Right to privacy regarding Reproduction and or abortion means the woman and her doctor have the choice to decide whether or not to continue her pregnancy. Often she may involve her husband, her clergy or anyone else she wishes to consult with.

It is also important to note that women often chose diffent options ( abortion or birth ) at different times in their life.

Over 60 percent of women who seek abortions have at least one child they are raising.

Also most women in the US whether they can afford them or not have 1.8 children.

At least he's consistent. He doesnt give a damn about the unborn or born children.

Just his pocketbook.

that's honest.

Back
Top Bottom