• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5M Americans have missed second vaccine dose: report

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

More than 5 million Americans have missed getting their second coronavirus vaccine dose, indicating a growing trend that could endanger the U.S.’s efforts to return to normalcy.

The New York Time reports that the rate of people missing their second dose of the Pfizer of Moderna vaccine has more than doubled since the beginning of the national vaccine rollout. Five million people accounts for about 8 percent of those who received a first dose of the Prizer or Moderna vaccine.

Several people interviewed by the Times said they were afraid of the vaccine's side effects, while others told the newspaper they felt protected by one dose.
===========================================================
This sort of thing could be expected with any vaccination program needing 2 shots. I got mine. Every one else has the right to do what they want except when it negatively impacts public health.

That is lower than I expected!

It's hard to believe that half the Repubs (males only?) are not going to get shot. Looking at what Trump has done I can better understand the rise of Hitler.

It's hard to believe that half the Repubs (males only?) are not going to get shot. Looking at what Trump has done I can better understand the rise of Hitler.
Unfortunately the world is full of stupid

TBH I was eager to get the 2nd dose and start getting back to normal life.

Aside from scheduling problems - like not being able to get away from work - I can’t fathom why someone would get the first and not the second.

At least getting only one dose of pfizer or moderna gives some protection (i think the number was 60% efficacy or something like that - similar to flu vaccines) so there is that.

More than 5 million Americans have missed getting their second coronavirus vaccine dose, indicating a growing trend that could endanger the U.S.’s efforts to return to normalcy.

The New York Time reports that the rate of people missing their second dose of the Pfizer of Moderna vaccine has more than doubled since the beginning of the national vaccine rollout. Five million people accounts for about 8 percent of those who received a first dose of the Prizer or Moderna vaccine.

Several people interviewed by the Times said they were afraid of the vaccine's side effects, while others told the newspaper they felt protected by one dose.
This sort of thing could be expected with any vaccination program needing 2 shots. I got mine. Every one else has the right to do what they want except when it negatively impacts public health.
The Biden administration is doing a terrible job of messaging concerning the Vaccine and Covid immunity. They spent the election season promising they could end the Pandemic, wear a mask, wash hands, distancing, until we can get vaccinated. Now we are getting vaccinated and being told that even fully vaccinated they still must wear a mask and distance. People are skeptical about these promises and whether they were ever more than phony baloney. Even outdoors where the science says it's almost impossible to contract the disease, the democrat/Biden team are insisting on mask. It just smells out of wack.

When they make promises and they fall flat and then they tell you it looks like you will need a yearly booster. Why believe this propaganda.

The Biden administration is doing a terrible job of messaging concerning the Vaccine and Covid immunity. They spent the election season promising they could end the Pandemic, wear a mask, wash hands, distancing, until we can get vaccinated. Now we are getting vaccinated and being told that even fully vaccinated they still must wear a mask and distance. People are skeptical about these promises and whether they were ever more than phony baloney. Even outdoors where the science says it's almost impossible to contract the disease, the democrat/Biden team are insisting on mask. It just smells out of wack.

Getting vaccinated is not an excuse to go off & do whatever you want.

When they make promises and they fall flat and then they tell you it looks like you will need a yearly booster. Why believe this propaganda.
Propaganda? You get an annual flu shot, I hope. Flu is caused by a different virus but if you want to avoid coming down with this in the future you'll get revaccinated in a year.

There are valid reasons to continue to wear a mask even when vaccinated. Two that come to mind:

You don’t receive full protection until 2 weeks after the 2nd vaccine so wearing a mask in the interim makes sense,

The jury is still out on how well the vaccines stop transmission so if you are routinely around people who aren’t vaccinated and you’re going out in punnlic you should wear a mask in public to reduce the chance of spreading the virus to people you interact with who aren’t vaccinated.

There are valid reasons to continue to wear a mask even when vaccinated. Two that come to mind:

You don’t receive full protection until 2 weeks after the 2nd vaccine so wearing a mask in the interim makes sense,

The jury is still out on how well the vaccines stop transmission so if you are routinely around people who aren’t vaccinated and you’re going out in punnlic you should wear a mask in public to reduce the chance of spreading the virus to people you interact with who aren’t vaccinated.
I think the most valid reason is that the spreaders will claim they are vaccinated and not wear masks. The last thing we want to do now is give them another way to get out of mask wearing.

i got my second shot a couple days ago. i have been a bit tired and sore, but that's about it. it beats having COVID by many orders of magnitude.

I know quite a few people who had their second dose scheduled at a distant site, found a closer opportunity but could not find a way to cancel the second appointment. I hope these scenarios are not counted in the 5M tally.

For the record, I have had both of my vaccination doses, the last one more than two weeks ago. I have not been tested for the virus and so do not know if I am a carrier. I still wear a mask in public, retain physical distances of 6 feet from others as best I can and wash my hands frequently. It's a small thing to do to help ensure that I do not transmit the Covid-19 virus to anyone else. I should like to think that it's part of what we mean by being a good neighbor.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

I wonder how many haven't gotten the 3rd booster shot?

For the record, I have had both of my vaccination doses, the last one more than two weeks ago. I have not been tested for the virus and so do not know if I am a carrier. I still wear a mask in public, retain physical distances of 6 feet from others as best I can and wash my hands frequently. It's a small thing to do to help ensure that I do not transmit the Covid-19 virus to anyone else. I should like to think that it's part of what we mean by being a good neighbor.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
Don't forget the 2nd mask, the face shield and the booster shot.

If I remember correctly, from beginning of the vaccine roll out it was stated that the potential for transmission was a reason why pandemic measures were going to still be in place until we get a large percentage of the population vaccinated. Where there seems to be the rub is the unknown around transmission efficacy and the desire of returning to normal.

stupid is as stupid does.jpg

Yeah, I agree. I got my first one as soon as I could, getting the second one mid-month, May.

The second one is the one with the government microchip that makes you a servant of Bill Gates.

i got my second shot a couple days ago. i have been a bit tired and sore, but that's about it. it beats having COVID by many orders of magnitude.
Got my second (Astra Zeneca), yesterday-with no side-effects unlike the first dose which gave me mild flu-like symptoms for an hour or so, and left an itchy spot on my arm for a week. Scary stuff, right?

Back
Top Bottom