• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5G

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The big cellular providers are hawking their new phones that are “5G Ready.” Isn’t this like selling someone a performance car that will do 250mph, while most places in the country limit the speed limit to less than a third of that?

Faster data throughput does not equal automobile speed limits.

I'm really ignorant about technical things like this, and I've been waiting for my service provider to send me something about 5G, but they still haven't. Like Ramoss said, it's just not available all over the country, yet.

I'm really ignorant about technical things like this, and I've been waiting for my service provider to send me something about 5G, but they still haven't. Like Ramoss said, it's just not available all over the country, yet.

It is possible to look at your area, and see where it's covered. I looked at AT&T, and it actually covered more area that I thought it would/

However, I don't need it.

It is possible to look at your area, and see where it's covered. I looked at AT&T, and it actually covered more area that I thought it would/

That's the thing with me, too, Ramoss. I just don't feel I need it, either--especially if it means a higher monthly rate.

And there's different levels of what us yanks are calling '5G', with two of the three being undecidedly less than true 5G. IOW, it's technical marketing!

That's the thing with me, too, Ramoss. I just don't feel I need it, either--especially if it means a higher monthly rate.
I very much underutilize my cell phone. I know there are a lot of apps that can be added, but the more apps you use, the bigger the security risk.

The big cellular providers are hawking their new phones that are “5G Ready.” Isn’t this like selling someone a performance car that will do 250mph, while most places in the country limit the speed limit to less than a third of that?

Not the fault of the mobile phone makers that the US is behind on 5G...The phones are made for a world wide rollout, and are future proofed. Even Apple is jumping on the wave, which is unusual as they only just (relatively speaking) added 4G :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom