• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

59% say release medical records what's wrong with her?

I think it is more important to know if the candidate will survive the term than to see what tax rate somebody paid.

Why are so many priorities so screwed up these days?

Does it say that in the Constitution?

And you have no way of knowing - medical records are your past, not your future. If people want presidents who are in tip top shape they should be pushing to void the age requirement. Middle Aged people have health issues sometimes. Deal with it.

Same here.

Since when is top health a requirement for the presidency? It's disgusting that people are so snipish.

Yes, and anyway, how many septuagenarians have top health? Anyone who has lived that long has some issue somewhere.

Same here.

Since when is top health a requirement for the presidency? It's disgusting that people are so snipish.

If it's not a requirement for you, well and good. But the age and health of a candidate for President have always been important considerations for most voters. Mrs. Clinton's supporters like to point to Franklin Roosevelt. But Roosevelt's polio did not concern many voters because they did not see it--certainly not in 1932, 1936, or 1940, when he was 50, 54, and 58--as something that might cause him to die in office. He was clearly vigorous and energetic. Many voters may have been concerned about FDR's health in 1944, but with the U.S. at war, they were probably more concerned about "changing horses in the middle of a stream."

Mrs. Clinton seems to have some disorder that affects her brain. The repeated falls, the momentary lapses in speech and blank staring, the facial twitches, and the reports of severe headaches all suggest that. It's hard to believe, in light of recent incidents and the continual presence of a man who seems to be there to respond to some sort of health crisis, that anyone would not be concerned about her medical fitness for the presidency. Clinton's supporters must have a lot of confidence in Sen. Kaine.

If it's not a requirement for you, well and good. But the age and health of a candidate for President have always been important considerations for most voters. Mrs. Clinton's supporters like to point to Franklin Roosevelt. But Roosevelt's polio did not concern many voters because they did not see it--certainly not in 1932, 1936, or 1940, when he was 50, 54, and 58--as something that might cause him to die in office. He was clearly vigorous and energetic. Many voters may have been concerned about FDR's health in 1944, but with the U.S. at war, they were probably more concerned about "changing horses in the middle of a stream."

Mrs. Clinton seems to have some disorder that affects her brain. The repeated falls, the momentary lapses in speech and blank staring, the facial twitches, and the reports of severe headaches all suggest that. It's hard to believe, in light of recent incidents and the continual presence of a man who seems to be there to respond to some sort of health crisis, that anyone would not be concerned about her medical fitness for the presidency. Clinton's supporters must have a lot of confidence in Sen. Kaine.

Doctor for the Day - did you sleep at Holiday Inn Express?

So a bunch of couch potatoes are the ones able to make decisions by looking over someone's medical history? Gee - let me come to your house and have my bad back looked at. So you're here declaring you've never lost your train of thought, gotten confused? Or even fallen? I'm calling bull**** on that.

I've seen her speeches and other public moments numerous times. I'm not voting for her, but it's not for medical concerns.

Doctor for the Day - did you sleep at Holiday Inn Express?

So a bunch of couch potatoes are the ones able to make decisions by looking over someone's medical history? Gee - let me come to your house and have my bad back looked at. So you're here declaring you've never lost your train of thought, gotten confused? Or even fallen? I'm calling bull**** on that.

I've seen her speeches and other public moments numerous times. I'm not voting for her, but it's not for medical concerns.

As I said, if knowing Mrs. Clinton's medical history is not a requirement for you, well and good. Apparently, though, it's something a majority of likely voters would like to know.

As I said, if knowing Mrs. Clinton's medical history is not a requirement for you, well and good. Apparently, though, it's something a majority of likely voters would like to know.

Look - if you want to judge candidates by their health, then do so without demanding their health records.

No one has the right to DEMAND that. You're not a caregiver or provider - those are the only people EVER to have rightful access to such things.

I don't think Trump is mentally competent enough to handle the Presidency, don't even need to look at health records to determine that. I think, health wise, he'd probably get thumbs up from all his doctors... but he's a ****ing nutjob.

Republicans are again asking questions about Hillary Clinton's health, while Democrats continue to insist that Donald Trump release his tax returns. Most voters still believe major White House hopefuls should make public recent tax returns, but now most also think they should release their medical records, too.
Most Want to See Clinton, Trump Tax Returns, Medical Records - Rasmussen Reports™

Tax returns are relevant, since they reveal ethical or unethical claims, the percentage of taxes paid, details of which sectors you're involved with. When you want to be in charge of taxes for individuals, they have an interest in knowing about YOUR taxes, too. The public has a right to know other things that may be revealed in tax returns.

Medical records, though, are private. The public has no right to force or demand someone release them. The public has no inherent interest in whatever info they contain.

There might be an exception, as in the case of Dick Cheney, who had serious heart trouble. In such a circumstance, a high level elected official may choose to reveal a part of a record to support his claim that his health problems are manageable and will not affect his job performance. Cheney did not release any medical records, that I recall.

It was apparent that Reagan was having mental problems in his second term. He did not release any medical records, that I recall, to support the position that he had all his mental faculties. (We now know he had Alzheimers by then...though it may not have been diagnosed yet.)

Even if she has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, like the Trumpeteers would like you to believe, we're better off with a president Kaine than a president Trump.

Don't jump on me for saying this, but if Hillary were to win the election, I would rather have Tim Kaine as president and if Trump were to win the election, I would rather have Pence as president. So, I don't care about their medical issues. What difference does it make if she has a brain tumor or Trump has a brain tumor?

Her medical records are private and she should not be asked to provide them. (I can't believe I'm siding with Hillary on anything,... but here we are).

Tax returns I don't have an issue with.

Tax returns are also private.

I think much of America has lost their collective minds, and we wonder how we got stuck with Trump verses Hillary. Slowly we fall............

LOLZ. That's funny.

This election season isn't about issues. It's about mudslinging.

That's certainly true this time around, more than other times. And it applies to Clinton to, not just Trump. She can sling mud with the best of them, although you could certainly argue that Trump is a little better at going into the trenches and being more vulgar.

Her medical records are private and she should not be asked to provide them. (I can't believe I'm siding with Hillary on anything,... but here we are).

Tax returns I don't have an issue with.

Agreed.

HIPPA laws and all aside, a person's health is their personal and private business.

I can't remember just now, but there were a handful of Presidents that dropped dead in their first year or less.

As an aside: Karma was taking care of us when Truman beat Dewey. It turns out Dewey would have died in office and left Good ol' Douglas (Nuke Em") McArthur as Prez.

Last edited:
Look - if you want to judge candidates by their health, then do so without demanding their health records.

No one has the right to DEMAND that. You're not a caregiver or provider - those are the only people EVER to have rightful access to such things.

I don't think Trump is mentally competent enough to handle the Presidency, don't even need to look at health records to determine that. I think, health wise, he'd probably get thumbs up from all his doctors... but he's a ****ing nutjob.

No voter has to justify his decision to anyone. Anyone who doubts Mrs. Clinton's physical fitness for the presidency can simply not vote for her. And her failure to publish her health records will probably encourage quite a few people to do just thiat. Whether voters have an legal right to see those records does not matter.

Agreed.

HIPPA laws and all aside, a person's health is their personal and private business.

I can't remember just now, but there were a handful of Presidents that dropped dead in their first year or less.

As an aside: Karma was taking care of us when Truman beat Dewey. It turns out Dewey would have died in office and left Good ol' Douglas (Nuke Em") McArthur as Prez.

If, by a handful, you mean one.

That's certainly true this time around, more than other times. And it applies to Clinton to, not just Trump. She can sling mud with the best of them, although you could certainly argue that Trump is a little better at going into the trenches and being more vulgar.

Mud slinging is a way of life in politics, and Hillary has been in politics for a long time. When it comes to Trump, all she has to do is pick up his own words and sling them back at him. There's no shortage of mud.

Not if they want to be President, their health, just like their age, is an issue.

If she is medically unfit to serve its a PROBLEM. The job is taxing, just look at how much it has aged Obama.

Last edited:
No voter has to justify his decision to anyone. Anyone who doubts Mrs. Clinton's physical fitness for the presidency can simply not vote for her. And her failure to publish her health records will probably encourage quite a few people to do just thiat. Whether voters have an legal right to see those records does not matter.

Yes - which is how it should be.

Not if they want to be President, their health, just like their age, is an issue.

If she is medically unfit to serve its a PROBLEM. The job is taxing, just look at how much it has aged Obama.

I personally don't think this is a good argument for voting for Trump instead of Hillary. We already know that he has some screws loose. And, the same things have been said about Ronald Reagan and he did just fine healthwise during his presidency, even surviving an assassination attempt. Having said that, it you are going to harp about Trump not releasing his tax returns, which probably won't reveal a darn thing that we couldn't have already guessed, then releasing your health records, especially when you do seem to have some kind of health issues, seems to be more important information for the voting public to know than information on Trump's returns.

What difference does it make if she has a brain tumor or Trump has a brain tumor?

Because brain tumors can make people do funny things:

Common cognitive changes and personality-related problems and difficulties experienced by patients with brain tumors are usually associated with:

Language and Communication: Difficulty with verbal fluency; speaking, reading, and/or writing.

Emotion and Personality: Psychiatric symptoms such as depression, anxiety, or obsessive-compulsive behaviors; changes in emotional control such as irritability, mood swings, or withdrawal; socially inappropriate behavior; and/or denial that behavior is a problem.

Learning and Memory (particularly short-term memory): Difficulty processing, storing, and remembering information; short-term memory loss.

Attention and Concentration: Confusion, easy distraction, difficulty multitasking and planning.

Executive Functioning/General Intellectual Abilities: Decreased reasoning ability, impaired judgment, inability to connect cause and effect.

Mood Swings and Cognitive Changes | American Brain Tumor Association

Good point. Even so, there are people who drop dead from a heart attack without displaying any symptoms at all.

But matter not. I think you are correct, and I have changed my viewpoint on this.

If they are running for Prez, then, yeah, we the people need to know if they are in good health. It does become our business then.

Because brain tumors can make people do funny things:

And Trump keeps doing funny things without a brain tumor.

At least, not one we know about.

No, he probably doesn't have a brain tumor. It's most likely he's just a nutter.

Back
Top Bottom