• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

55 mph speed limit

Would you drive 55 to burn less fossil fuel

• I believe in AGW and would drive 55 to reduce my carbon foot print

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I believe in AGW but would not drive 55 to reduce my carbon foot print

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
My question was meant to be should we bring 55 back as law not would you drive slower than the law. Funny part is the warmers are running from this thread, I wonder why.:lol:
eh, idk. idc.
I think that there are some numbers which would help me make my decision. But Idc to look for them.
For most of my driving the difference between 55 and 70 is a matter of only a few minutes--one of the many, many reasons why I don't speed or do crazy lane switching.

The big differences would come from truck lines etc who drive on the interstate much, much, much more than I do.

Bad poll choices for this Conservative. I'm one of those "unenlightened knuckle draggers" who's still waiting for the Day After Tomorrow to get here.

Do you believe you'll get better gas mileage on a flat Earth or a round Earth? :mrgreen:

Do you believe you'll get better gas mileage on a flat Earth or a round Earth? :mrgreen:
It depends on where you start.
If you start on top of the round earth and drive toward the bottom, you can coast a lot. But if you start at the bottom and are headed to the top, it's all uphill. In which case, driving on something flat should yield better mpg than driving uphill.

Back
Top Bottom