• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

53 people infected as a result of Millinocket wedding and reception

Depraved indifference flavors your reply.... indifference to the consequences on others, resulting from either tort ....
Causing panic in an enclosed area by falsely calling out an alarm; fire! Inflicting serious illness on caregivers or first responders
obligated to render medical assistance to those you assert some imaginary right to spread pandemic infection to.

Are you saying depraved indifference does not apply because you are prepared to pay the consequences for committing a tort
by exercising an asserted right to spread wittingly or unwittingly, Covid-19 ?

There is nothing depraved about supporting other people's power to follow their own conscious. We are a nation of individuals, not the Borg Collective.

It would be nice if everyone on here would come together to condemn the BLM two month superspreader event.

I would blame the protesters if the evidence led to that conconclusion.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when the evidence that wearing masks outside did cut the risk of the spread of Covid 19.

I agree it doesn’t make sense. But it seems that is what happened.

That and probably the fact most BLM protesters were young and those who were not young and healthy bodied had enough sense to stay inside where it was safer.

Last edited:
People assume the risk. Choice is theirs and theirs alone to make.

It is NOT theirs alone to make when it affects other people. They are selfish stupid people who just don't give a sh**.

If you're infected you're already sick. That's what an infection is; a sickness. Furthermore you already know you can be asymptomatic (infected and unaware), while spreading the disease to everyone you meet. What does it take to get you people to listen?

Only when they themselves become sick and die will they listen. A sorry state of affairs we have in America.

It would be nice if everyone on here would come together to condemn the BLM two month superspreader event.

Studies have been done showing no major transmission due to the protests. You look it up, I don't have time to do stupid peoples homework.

There is nothing depraved about supporting other people's power to follow their own conscious. We are a nation of individuals, not the Borg Collective.

You can follow your own conscious all day long as long as you don't get other people sick. If people like you had listened to the guidelines set forth a long time ago, we probably wouldn't be having this debate right now. It's funny how almost every other country has done it.

The one problem I see is Trump and Trump supporters. Shame on all of you.

Trumpians

I think we past that a long time ago, when woke healthcare workers by the thousands signed off on the "protests" because they were more important than not spreading covid.
When mayors paint "murals" that act like Bat Signals to the rioters, there will never be an expectation they will condemn the mass gatherings that have spread into the streets for 4 months now.

Rational thinking
I would blame the protesters if the evidence led to that conconclusion.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when the evidence that wearing masks outside did cut the risk of the spread of Covid 19.

I agree it doesn’t make sense. But it seems that is what happened.

That and probably the fact most BLM protesters were young and those who were not young and healthy bodied had enough sense to stay inside where it was safer.

It seems every day that the abyss lying between reality and the TRUTH becomes deeper and wider.

during a pandemic, two months may be a lifetime -this USA Today article is from June
Coronavirus surges aren't linked to Black Lives Matter protests

But neither protests nor more people leaving home explain the surge of new COVID-19 cases, a USA TODAY analysis of counties with at least 100 cases has found. Residents of counties with growth of 25% or more over the previous two weeks left their homes at the same rate as people in counties without a surge of new infections, according to cellphone location data compiled by the company SafeGraph.

And large protests were as common in counties without outbreaks as in others – although those events could have seeded the virus broadly, and could still lead to outbreaks.

More recently, those librul academic types have been looking at the subject - Are protests helping spread the virus?
RACIAL JUSTICE PROTESTS WERE NOT A MAJOR CAUSE OF COVID-19 INFECTION SURGES

The racial justice protests earlier this summer were not the driving force behind a spike in U.S. COVID-19 infections that some public health officials feared they would be, perhaps because the marches were outdoors where it is harder for the virus to spread, according to one of the first studies to examine a possible link.

A new survey by researchers from Northeastern, Harvard, Northwestern, and Rutgers universities covered nearly 40,000 people who participated in national demonstrations against police brutality and white supremacy. Protesters were disproportionately younger individuals whose lives were profoundly disrupted by the pandemic in fundamental ways, such as lost work or reduced wages.
[. . .]
“We’re not saying the protests didn’t cause more cases, an assessment that will require substantial, additional analyses” he added. “It’s just that if they were the key drivers, then you would expect the places that had the most protesters to have the biggest surge, and, in fact, the opposite is the case.”

One possible explanation may lie in the increasing scientific consensus that indoor proximity may be the dominant path in the transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

“As such,” the study found, “it is possible that proximity outdoors might not have a major impact on spread.”

There do appear to be exceptions to the idea of protests not being virus-spreading centers
subscription only - Orange County reaches 800 coronavirus-related deaths as anti-mask protest goes on in Costa Mesa - Los Angeles Times

For some reason, I think we will be seeing more cases as a result of the Sturgis rally. This one wedding in Maine, with 65 attending, has now spread to people who weren't at the wedding or reception; the one death so far was a person who wasn't in attendance.

Every story like this is always false. They have no way to know where a person was infected. Rather, this is just the new Fascist atheist Democratic Party's 24/7 war on Christianity like the fascist organization it is.

Every Christian should vote straight Republican in every election for every office as if their lives and that of their fellow Christians depends upon it - because it does.

Fifty-three people are infected at a wedding. Zero are infected at the commie riots. One of those is bull****. There's no way they can both be true.

Fifty-three people are infected at a wedding. Zero are infected at the commie riots. One of those is bull****. There's no way they can both be true.

WHO made the claim that "Zero are infected at the commie riots"? Once again you seem to be throwing bull**** at a wall in your house - gotta be getting a bit stinky in there.

Every story like this is always false. They have no way to know where a person was infected. Rather, this is just the new Fascist atheist Democratic Party's 24/7 war on Christianity like the fascist organization it is.

Every Christian should vote straight Republican in every election for every office as if their lives and that of their fellow Christians depends upon it - because it does.

Every attempt at a rebuttal that you post is always false! See how easy it is to post something with zero relationship to reality - OK, I think my posts have some relationship to reality and have been known to admit it when I have been mistaken - not something that some seem capable of performing. One might think the tweets of Trump are causing his minions to follow the same path of lying on an hourly basis - I don't know for sure, just going by the reactions I can read when people post debunks of Trumpie claims.

There are 2 groups of people they will NEVER test in relation to covid-19

1. Fascist Democrat protesters

2. WalMart shoppers

People assume the risk. Choice is theirs and theirs alone to make.

There's a campfire ban where I live. Fire season. Is it my choice to make whether I take the risk or not?

Literally claiming attending a BLM protest is a vaccine against covid-19 - and there are Democrats they actually believe this. :lamo

Just can't make this **** up...lol.

Trumpians

Rational thinking

It seems every day that the abyss lying between reality and the TRUTH becomes deeper and wider.

during a pandemic, two months may be a lifetime -this USA Today article is from June

More recently, those librul academic types have been looking at the subject - Are protests helping spread the virus?

There do appear to be exceptions to the idea of protests not being virus-spreading centers
subscription only - Orange County reaches 800 coronavirus-related deaths as anti-mask protest goes on in Costa Mesa - Los Angeles Times

As if painting BLM large enough to be read by satellites isn't an attractive nuisance. The intellectual dishonesty just gets deeper and deeper.

Every 'christian' needs a reality check. There are no 'gods', no 'miracles', no talking snakes, no four-faced beings driving flaming chariots. But 'christians' are quite happy to point to their book and state, with a straight face, that a ghost can make a virgin pregnant because, 'it says so, right there'. Hilarious; and they say that liberals are dupes?:lamo

Every 'christian' needs a reality check. There are no 'gods', no 'miracles', no talking snakes, no four-faced beings driving flaming chariots. But 'christians' are quite happy to point to their book and state, with a straight face, that a ghost can make a virgin pregnant because, 'it says so, right there'. Hilarious; and they say that liberals are dupes?:lamo

Thank you for making my point with your religious bigotry hate-mongering message. Your claim? You are infinitely smarter and despise 99.9% of people who have ever lived and 95% of people living now as that is the percentages that believe in god or gods.

Thank you for making my point with your religious bigotry hate-mongering message. Your claim? You are infinitely smarter and despise 99.9% of people who have ever lived and 95% of people living now as that is the percentages that believe in god or gods.

Bigotry? Nope, just pointing out how utterly absurd worshipping something that doesn't exist is.

Not quite amigo:

Earlier this month, I came across a fascinating opinion survey by the Pew Research Center’s Global Attitudes Project. The report asked people in forty countries whether belief in God is necessary for morality. Mostly, the results aren’t surprising. In advanced democracies, such as those in Western Europe, people say by at least a two-to-one margin that morality is not linked to belief in God—presumably, they think non-believers in God can be moral. In the developing world, the opposite is the case, with citizens of Muslim and poorer Catholic countries overwhelmingly saying the two are linked. And as might be expected, the United States is an outlier among developed countries, with a majority (53 percent) asserting the necessity of belief in God to anchor morality.

But then there is China, which at 14 percent has the lowest percentage affirming the need for belief in God of any country surveyed—even lower than in the secular democracies of Western Europe.

Chinese Atheists? What the Pew Survey Gets Wrong | by Ian Johnson | The New York Review of Books

Edit to add: To be honest, as it turns out I cherry-picked that.

Last edited:
WHO made the claim that "Zero are infected at the commie riots"? Once again you seem to be throwing bull**** at a wall in your house - gotta be getting a bit stinky in there.
Need more spaghetti! (It's more cohesive than his "arguments".)

Back
Top Bottom