• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

52 reasons to leave the eu!

Republic_Of_Public

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
What the politicians are embarassed to have us know:

1. The European Union's six constitutional treaties build a dictatorship.

2. The EU has the laws of a police state - enforced after the Lisbon Treaty, from 1st January 2009.

3. The EU's 120,000 regulations will bring us a soviet style command economy and abject poverty.

4. Unelected EU dictators will control the nuclear weapons of former nations of Britain and France.

5. The EU 's six treaties will compel us to hand over all our armed forces to the EU.

6. Our armed forces and police have been told they will swear a new oath to the EU, or be fired.

7. The EUs 120,000 regulations will rigidly control our personal lives - more than any nation in history.

8. EU regulations now cost us £100 billion a year. (Better Regulation Commission annual report 2005)

9. When enforced, those regulations will destroy most of our 4.5 million small businesses.

10. Up to 13.5 million will be unemployed after EU regulations close small businesses.

11. The 120,000 regulations will make us subject to continual arrest (SOCPA 2005).

12. There are now 3,095 "Crimes against the EU state" on the British statute book.

13. We will be stopped on the street for continual checks on our EU ID cards after 2009.

14. The EUs Constitutional treaties replaced the British Constitution on 1st January 2009.

15. The EU treaties will close our Westminster Parliament after its 5 years expire on 5th May 2010.

16. The EU's Road Pricing and then ID chips will keep the state informed of our exact position.

17. Huge taxes/fines by the EU's Road Pricing, Congestion Charging and global warming policies.

18. The EU Regionalisation Plan will abolish England and our 48 counties in favour of 9 EU regions.

19. The 9 EU regions will report direct to Brussels, not to Westminster, which will be defunct.

20. The EU Regionalisation Plan will abolish our 19,579 councillors.

23. British common law mainly replaced by EU corpus Juris by 1992. Government is now above the law.

21. Police have shot 30 innocent people dead since 1992 and have not been successfully prosecuted.

22. 1,100 deaths in police custody since 1992 and no successful prosecutions.

24. Police Shoot to Kill policy now in force; illegal under British common law, OK under EU corpus juris.

25. EU conceived in Germany from 22nd June 1940 as the EEC - speech by Hermann Goering.

26. First EEC conference Berlin University 1942, 13 nation summit Berlin 1943 run by von Ribbentrop

27. After fall of Germany, the Germans switched the EU from a Nazi to a communist basis in1946.

28. Hitler's Deutsche Verteiderungs Dienst Intelligence Department (DVD) still controls EU development.

29. Edward Heath, Geoffrey Rippon, Roy Jenkins recruited by the DVD in 1958 as saboteurs.

30. DVD has arranged finance to put pro-EU ownerships into British newspaper groups.

31. EU has been sabotaging Britain with German Frankfurt School techniques since the 1950's.

33. The EU's main subversive organisation in Britain, Common Purpose, was run from the ODPM.

34. The EU's Common Purpose has trained 30,000 local leaders for "the post democratic era"

35. Common Purpose has been inside the NHS for 20 years, controls it, and has wrecked it.

36. Common Purpose has 400 staff inside the BBC censoring out anti-EU news and and current affairs.

37. Common Purpose has staff in hundreds of local newspapers censoring out anti-EU news

38. Common Purpose is transferring power from councillors to the unelected council executives.

39. Common Purpose has built the EU gravy trains inside local and national government.

40. Common Purpose has built most of Britain's 8,500 quangos costing us £167 billion pa

41. These quangos bribe compliant, pro EU local officials and businessmen with £150,000+ salaries.

42. EU quangos are the reason your council tax is going through the roof.

43. The EU is utterly corrupt and cannot account for 95% of its expenditure (yes, ninety five % lost)

44. The EU has over 200,000 offshore bank accounts from which it pays bribes.

45. We now lose £45 billion a year trading with the EU. Outside, we had an even balance of payments.

46. EU Constitution is similar to the Soviet. And EU Commissioners similar to Soviet Politburo members.

47. The EU parliament is a sham with no power - just like the old Soviet parliament.

48. The leadership of the Conservative Party has been controlled by the EU since the 1960's.

49. The Labour and Lib Dem leaderships EU controlled for 20 years - that's why your vote doesn't count.

50. The Amsterdam Treaty 1997 gave the EU control of our immigration, now running at 2.6 million pa.

51. Our infrastructure can't cope with the 10 million immigrants the EU has let in since 1997.

52. 380,000 highly qualified British emigrate annually to escape from the EU and its overcrowding.

Expose the EU dictatorship and its police state

VIDEO:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR83juHjCuo&feature=related"]YouTube- Britain On The Brink - Part 1 of 4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUFvx4kH1qw&feature=related"]YouTube- Britain On The Brink - Part 2 of 4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVEwUxu9Onw&feature=related"]YouTube- Britain On The Brink - Part 3 of 4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfE85JCqpBQ&feature=related"]YouTube- Britain On The Brink - Part 4 of 4[/ame]

Last edited:
One of the major goals of Nazi Germany was to unite all of Europe. But each country was suppose to have a government like that of the Nazi's in Germany. Maybe the EU is going to carry out Hitler's vision of a united Europe, but without the race being a major factor.

43. The EU is utterly corrupt and cannot account for 95% of its expenditure (yes, ninety five % lost)

44. The EU has over 200,000 offshore bank accounts from which it pays bribes.
The US can't account for over a trillion dollars each year it receives in taxes. So there is always going to be a level of corruption or some secret spending going on that the lawmakers don't want for the public to know.

Not even gonna attempt to disapprove this unsubstantiated paranoid drivel.

Not even gonna attempt to disapprove this unsubstantiated paranoid drivel.

All governments are growing scary these days. Consider what is going on at least..

I think the EU took a wrong step with the abolishment of unanimous voting in favour of majority voting, and with the introduction of a president/individual(s) who represent power.

All governments are growing scary these days. Consider what is going on at least..

Oh I do that on a daily basis, but that list is a load of crap.

I think the EU took a wrong step with the abolishment of unanimous voting in favour of majority voting, and with the introduction of a president/individual(s) who represent power.

Unanimous voting has been gone for over a decade. Yes it has been expanded but when it comes to critical areas there still is unanimous voting.

The "introduction of a president" who represents power is utterly false. The post of "president" has always been there. The only real difference is now the post is for 2.5 years instead of 6 months.

The "introduction of a president" who represents power is utterly false. The post of "president" has always been there. The only real difference is now the post is for 2.5 years instead of 6 months.

Plus instead of the presidency rotating between the member-states every 6 months, the President is a person selected every 30 months.

What the politicians are embarassed to have us know:

1. The European Union's six constitutional treaties build a dictatorship.

2. The EU has the laws of a police state - enforced after the Lisbon Treaty, from 1st January 2009.

3. The EU's 120,000 regulations will bring us a soviet style command economy and abject poverty.

4. Unelected EU dictators will control the nuclear weapons of former nations of Britain and France.

I think I don't even need to read the 48 next "reasons" :rofl

The big problem with "eurosceptics" is that they tend to be EXTREMELY misinformed and that they don't have any serious argument.

a single word is enough to debunk this: "subsidiarity".

Wrong. With unanimous voting, the whole system is paralized.

Oh I do that on a daily basis, but that list is a load of crap.

Yes, but its good to read anyways. Some of those things are valid points.

Unanimous voting has been gone for over a decade. Yes it has been expanded but when it comes to critical areas there still is unanimous voting.

I dont like the massive expansion of it.

Where does the position move in the future? Probably towards a same type of president as in the US, I would hate to see such corruption of politics. I actually hate the idea of a president at all. Commision president was just a figurehead of ideas and the leader of the civil servants and other commissioners.

I hate the idea of the expansion of the presidential term, I hate the idea that not all countries get to be part of the presidency anymore. It sucks to be honest. That used to be one of the great things about the EU, new fresh inspirations and thoughts every 6 months, from all countries, Germany, Luxembourg, Sweden or whoever, all of the. Now replaced with a fossil static figure president, and we may perhaps never see another president from Luxembourg, Sweden or Estonia. That is a huge loss.

Plus instead of the presidency rotating between the member-states every 6 months, the President is a person selected every 30 months.

HUGE loss in my eyes. The rotating presidency was great. All new countries with a presidential representation had great inspiration for their period of 6 months, and all voices was heard. Look at the Swedish presidency, Sweden has a huge voice for 6 months, and got to press their policy priorities. Now that will probably never happen anymore the same way.

Huge loss. So sad to see it happen. Alongside unanimous voting, it almost turns my view towards EU political institutions negative. Big step in the wrong direction.

Last edited:
a single word is enough to debunk this: "subsidiarity".

ok. :2razz:

Wrong. With unanimous voting, the whole system is paralized.

No it wasnt. The EU has been the most progressive and developing(reforming itself) government in the world the past 30 years. All was done with unanimous voting.

Its a nice site to see an elitist has enough brains to realize the EU is going down the toilet and bringing all of Europe with it.

One of the major goals of Nazi Germany was to unite all of Europe. But each country was suppose to have a government like that of the Nazi's in Germany.
One of the major goals of Alexander the Great was to unite Europe.

Maybe the EU is going to carry out Hitler's vision of a united Europe, but without the race being a major factor.
Maybe Martians will invade Europe.

The US can't account for over a trillion dollars each year it receives in taxes. So there is always going to be a level of corruption or some secret spending going on that the lawmakers don't want for the public to know.
Get real.

No it wasnt. The EU has been the most progressive and developing(reforming itself) government in the world the past 30 years. All was done with unanimous voting.

Yes but now we're 27! Do you think it's normal that countries like Malta or Luxemburg can veto everything?

It'll be a bizarre united Europe. No national flags, anthems or culture but you can keep a few trinkets like pounds and ounces. Even the Communists allowed at least an ersatz patriotism in the eastern bloc.

And the EU knows there's no need to stop people leaving the EU. As the relentless immigrant flood has shown, this is the best place to remain, even with dictatorship. And most people couldn't afford to go.

Mind and culture control, but you can piddle off whenever you like. Strange days indeed.

Yes but now we're 27! Do you think it's normal that countries like Malta or Luxemburg can veto everything?

There we go. The EU agenda in its full beauty.

Slowly erradicating the voices of its member state to create a more federal, sovereignless union for the sake of a more "efficient Democracy". If efficient Democracies involve cutting out the voices of the people, and stopping them from having a say as to what happens to or in their country, then its not a Democracy at all, is it?

Welcome to the new founded authotarian Europe.

Hitlers dream achieved, only under a different guise.

There we go. The EU agenda in its full beauty.

Slowly erradicating the voices of its member state to create a more federal, sovereignless union for the sake of a more "efficient Democracy".

It's the same in every democracy. In UK a simple majority is enough to pass a law, you don't block everything when a MP from a remote village in Scotland wants to vote against.

If efficient Democracies involve cutting out the voices of the people, and stopping them from having a say as to what happens to or in their country, then its not a Democracy at all, is it?

Welcome to the new founded authotarian Europe.

Hitlers dream achieved, only under a different guise.

ad-hitlerium fallacy

Normal. Hmm. No, but fair yes. Considering they have to implement the decisions.
The idea of unanimous voting is an idea where everyone CAN agree and have no reason to disagree. That creates strong politics. Majority voting doesnt. It creates more speed, but less agreeable politics, and not as good change.

My idea of the EU is a layered institution where ALL members have a say, where all members get to have the leading role, where all members can disagree, where other layers of the state can stop another part. That is what I always wanted, that was the major reason I saw the EU as something far more positive than other governments. Perhaps the process was slow, but it was solid.

Looking back, it hasnt been slow at all, like I mentioned the EU has been the most reformist government in the world the past 30 years, now it will spin out of control.

Normal. Hmm. No, but fair yes. Considering they have to implement the decisions.
The idea of unanimous voting is an idea where everyone CAN agree and have no reason to disagree. That creates strong politics. Majority voting doesnt. It creates more speed, but less agreeable politics, and not as good change.

My idea of the EU is a layered institution where ALL members have a say, where all members get to have the leading role, where all members can disagree, where other layers of the state can stop another part. That is what I always wanted, that was the major reason I saw the EU as something far more positive than other governments. Perhaps the process was slow, but it was solid.

Looking back, it hasnt been slow at all, like I mentioned the EU has been the most reformist government in the world the past 30 years, now it will spin out of control.

What you're talking about is a system where everyone has a veto right.

Look at the UN, only 5 countries have a veto right, yet this is enough to turn this institution into something 100% inefficient.

Now contrary to what certain posters seem to think, I think that everyone should be heard, but decisions have to be made too. You're right when you say that with a 27-vetoes system everyone has to be heard, but there are others mechanisms that ensure that everyone is heard in a simple majority system.

For instance, did you know that even when a simple majority is required at the commission, 80% of the times they still reach a consensus?

What you're talking about is a system where everyone has a veto right.

Yes. Thats how it should be.

Look at the UN, only 5 countries have a veto right, yet this is enough to turn this institution into something 100% inefficient.

The UN is something different alltogether. There is no veto right for everyone in the UN. You are talking about the security council, who represent the nuclear and militar power of the world.

Now contrary to what certain posters seem to think, I think that everyone should be heard, but decisions have to be made too. You're right when you say that with a 27-vetoes system everyone has to be heard, but there are others mechanisms that ensure that everyone is heard in a simple majority system.

Like what?

For instance, did you know that even when a simple majority is required at the commission, 80% of the times they still reach a consensus?

No, but thats not a very interesting point, and a poor excuse to excuse majoríty voting and single president as oppose to unanimous voting an rotating president.

No, but thats not a very interesting point, and a poor excuse to excuse majoríty voting and single president as oppose to unanimous voting an rotating president.

I explain you that most of the times everyone is heard and you call that a "poor excuse"?? :confused:

I explain you that most of the times everyone is heard and you call that a "poor excuse"?? :confused:

You didnt. You said.
bub said:

It's the same in every democracy. In UK a simple majority is enough to pass a law, you don't block everything when a MP from a remote village in Scotland wants to vote against.

A village isnt a country or a nation with its own national sovereign or national boarders that belongs to the people, or a seperate ethnic group even (so you cant use that) except for Cornwall who seek a form of autonomy.

ad-hitlerium fallacy

Is that elitist for "true".

Back
Top Bottom