• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

52 reasons to leave the eu!

After reading the first reason, I didn't read any. The EU is too under-controlled. Its government is not the problem. The fact that the members of the EU will never have a united front is the problem. Look how slow the EU was to bail Greece, and then you see some serious problems.

UNDER-controlled?!

Blimey! The fact there is no 'united front' is because people and governments are so diverse. The nations and cultures of Europe were so firmly rooted by 1957 that only Communist-style oppression can force the oil to mix with the water.

Put it this way - how oppressive would the measures have to be to force the three main political parties here to become the automatons you think the EU people should be?

Hmmm, a suspiciously full-sounding account of the EU budget, though it does eminate from an EU-affiliated sugar factory. I'm no whizzkid financial scientist (and even if I was I'd have a job peering through the mist) but a few bits and bobs float my way.

With figures like that I'm sure the EC's auditors would be keen to sign off the books with a cheery smile and a happy whistle:

EU budget rejected by the European Court of Auditors – again – Telegraph Blogs

Not that there's any shortage of lolly. It's only taxpayers' money: YouTube- EU Power-Eaters Also To Devour Your Cash!

Taxpayers to plug £100m hole in MEP pension fund created by financial crisis and fraud - Telegraph

And besides, if all is indeed in apple pie order then the likes of Neil Kinnock would be wasting his time firing all those fraudbusters:

YouTube- Epidemic EU Fraud and Debt No Barrier To Eurocrat Wage Claims!

(Note: Youtube videos contain stacks of extra evidence of EU monkey business to Google for.)

BBC News | EUROPE | EU fraud: a billion dollar bill

Fraud adversely affecting the budget of the European Union: the forms, methods and causes

EU budget: Naming and Shaming of Member States allowing fraud - New Europe

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Eu fraud costs £1million a day

Boils down to this rotten apple pie: Ironies Too: EU Budget . The 134 billion euros fraud!

But still, perhaps the figures shown are calculations made against the money planned to go in. And you can do anything with that mountain: The true costs of E.U. membership for every British household - UK Independence Party

And even if it's not exactly 95% lost, there's still a breathtakingly high amount not accounted for - the kind of pile you keep hospitals open with: http://www.openeurope.org.uk/research/budget.pdf

Even Euro fetishists say there's still much work to be done in making the EU a benign force for total good. Well, we can start by having them hand back supreme executive power to its component states, act solely as diplomatic and trading agents to improve trade and international relations, quash its obsession with standing nose-to-nose with the US, letting nations have their own money back as well as halting the mad expansionism set to take its frontiers into the Middle East.

How about the UK loophole then? Its about 13% of GDP, the budget deficit.
The EU is the only state in the west that doesnt run a deficit.

How about the UK loophole then? Its about 13% of GDP, the budget deficit.
The EU is the only state in the west that doesnt run a deficit.

Firstly, the EU isn't a state. Pipe dreams and realities - there is a very clear line that separates the two.
Lastly, love how you excluded the UK from this "EU state" you talk of. Whatever suits you, eh?

We hate the fact we are in the EU as much as you do. But we are in it nonetheless.

Was planned though. Different states have wanted them, though a common EU-'compatible' ID card would be to them as preferable as the driving licences. However, public uproar delayed it, regardless of the waffle about national security the politicos use.

Google:

National identity card (United Kingdom) - Wikipedia, the free ...
During the UK Presidency of the EU in 2005 a decision was made to "agree common standards for security features and secure issuing procedures for ID cards ...
en.wikipedia.org/.../National_identity_card_(United_Kingdom) - Cached - Similar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identity_card_(United_Kingdom)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1061761/British-identity-cards-covered-EU-symb'ols.html

'EUCCP' citizens turned into manageable units of the Superstate: http://www.idcardandyou.co.uk/europe.html

Last edited:
Goodness. What is it with people hating people because they wish to make their lot easier and better for themselves.

EU is a good thing. A lot of people are sacrificing a lot so that more can prosper.

I suspect it wouldn't have anything to do with some people not in the EU not wanting the competition of a unified Europe that is powerful and prospering.

Pssh. Euro-crazies can't hold a candle to American crazies.

I suspect it wouldn't have anything to do with some people not in the EU not wanting the competition of a unified Europe that is powerful and prospering.

We were never asked, barring the misleading 1975 referendum which merely asked us to remain inside the EEC, sold to the people as a Common Market.

We were never consulted about a vast prime tier of government which we can't leave without being put through hell on Earth, unable to legislate in a way 'offensive' to our new masters, we have to take the huge draining of money with diminishing hope of rebate on surplus, have to suffer the gradual imposition of rubbish like a replacement flag and army and national anthem, you name it.

There's no reason why we can't have the original group of intimate sovereign European nations trading with one another and the world for mutual benefit, as the politicians used to always say. All this crap like Common Purpose and a special EU president and foreign policy, etc, is just not needed.

Goodness. What is it with people hating people because they wish to make their lot easier and better for themselves.

EU is a good thing. A lot of people are sacrificing a lot so that more can prosper.

The EU is under constant attack from free market fundamentalists who hate the thought of something superior to deregulation and devaluation in the free market.

Ask all the victims of corporate deregulation who died horrible deaths due to lack of standard and care, so to suit corporate profit and greed on the deaths of tens and hundreds of thousands of people. Now that is the wrong way to go.

Drinking corporate poisoned water and breating corporate poisoned air to have a few extra dollars is not my thought of a good society.

It was the corporates who sank the Titanic as well.

(The chairman of the board said 'Let's have more speed', and the Captain said 'Alright then mate'.)

Just look what they've done: http://www.webtek.no/titanic/Images/titanic6.jpg. Good job we've got the EU to see that'll never happen again!

...And with Cameron in there'll be more of the same I tell ya!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom