• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

52% of People Who Didn't Vote in 2016 Say They're Voting in 2020 for Biden

uptower

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

So about half the electorate didn't vote at all. Half of them now say they will, for Biden.

But if even a third of those who now say they will vote come out, that's tens of millions more for Biden. No wonder the GOP wants to stop people voting at all. 20% more than say they'll go for Trump. If only half of these show, it's still millions more for Biden.

Preliminary data was released Wednesday from a national tracking poll by the University of Southern California (USC) Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences. It found that 52 percent of those who did not vote in 2016, but plan on voting in 2020, are backing Biden, compared to 32 percent for Trump. A further 16 percent said they would vote for a third-party candidate.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I see it. I hope that participation is way up, though, and preferably by mail.

So about half the electorate didn't vote at all. Half of them now say they will, for Biden.
But if even a third of those who now say they will vote come out, that's tens of millions more for Biden. No wonder the GOP wants to stop people voting at all. 20% more than say they'll go for Trump. If only half of these show, it's still millions more for Biden.

Yeah ... good luck with that calculation ... :lol:

Yeah ... good luck with that calculation ... :lol:
Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. That implies a 75% voting participation rate. But, I'd love to see it!

No one wants to stop people from voting.

Talk's cheap: Believe when they show up.

Preliminary data was released Wednesday from a national tracking poll by the University of Southern California (USC) Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences. It found that 52 percent of those who did not vote in 2016, but plan on voting in 2020, are backing Biden, compared to 32 percent for Trump. A further 16 percent said they would vote for a third-party candidate.

Key words, and I can't find any indication of how many people that is.

You should stop and think, 52% of the people who did not vote, one rounded out only equals 50%, so that leaves 50% elsewhere, two these are people who did not vote, some of them did not like any choices but many of them are lazy and would not have voted anyways..

52% of those who did not vote is like getting opinions on best job to work for with 52% of the never employed giving an answer, or people too lazy to get a drivers license giving an oppinion on the best car to drive.

For the most part the non voters last election are likely to be non voters this election, as only a small number did not vote out of hate of all choices, and the majoirty did not vote because they thought it was a waste of time, or they were just lazy, and if they were lazy then they will probably be lazy now.

All trump supporters in this thread are anti-voting.

We shall see. That's be something like a 75% turnout nation wide. I'll believe it when I see it.

Weird stat.

Many people who voted for Hillary in 2016 may sit out this election, or vote for Kanye. Or even Trump.

I actually received a poll text message today, and it asked me if I would be voting to re-elect Trump or not. I had to press 1 or 2. I replied no :lol:

I have never received a text like that before

I'll believe it when I see it. I hope that participation is way up, though, and preferably by mail.

3 absentee ballots requested today. 2 new registered voters :)

I actually received a poll text message today, and it asked me if I would be voting to re-elect Trump or not. I had to press 1 or 2. I replied no :lol:

I would never reply to a Trump text. No way. I'm still trying to block Trump emails from when I requested rally tickets.

Sounds like a crappy pollster but atleast it was not a push pollster, that uses fake polls for smear campaigns, or sometimes actually polls to determine the effectiveness of a smear campaign, or the worst the ones who actually post polls even though they did not really poll just to make themselves look semi legit.

If that was all that was asked it was a crappy pollster, while a push pollster would ask something like would you vote for biden knowing he raped children or would you still vote for trump knowing he was selling earths oxygen to russia for profit.

3 absentee ballots requested today. 2 new registered voters :)

My wife and I will be requesting ours soon. I want to get it done early.

I would never reply to a Trump text. No way. I'm still trying to block Trump emails from when I requested rally tickets.

Why do you think it was from Trump? There is no way that campaign has my phone number

Why do you think it was from Trump? There is no way that campaign has my phone number
When I read your post, for some reason I assumed it was from Trump. Regardless, I don't respond to unsolicited stuff like that. Once they know they've got a 'live one', whoever they are, they can start bombarding you with texts/emails, and sell your number or email addy to get you on other contact lists.

If Trump is re-elected, the emotional melt down on the left and never Trumpers will be frightening. Their reaction in 2016 was just a prelude.

There’s a discrepancy in the linked article’s headline and the text of the article. Note that the text says:

“It found that 52 percent of those who did not vote in 2016, but plan on voting in 2020, are backing Biden, compared to 32 percent for Trump. A further 16 percent said they would vote for a third-party candidate.”

Note the text “but plan on voting in 2020” is missing from the headline. I don’t see anyplace in the article where they indicate what percentage of non voters plan to vote in 2020. Did I miss it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will see.
The majority of the people polled say Biden won’t make it to the end of his first term. If people liked Harris so much why didn’t they vote for her during the campaign?
People may not want a Harris presidency.
I think the black community will give Trump at least 20% of the vote. Blacks are moderate not far left. If 20% come out for trump Biden is in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom