• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

51% of U.S. Muslims want Sharia; 60% of young Muslims more loyal to Islam than to U.S

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Really, what did you expect? A considerable portion of U.S. domestic and foreign policy is based on the assumption that Islam in the U.S. will be different: that Muslims here believe differently from those elsewhere, and do not accept the doctrines of violence against and subjugation of unbelievers that have characterized Islam throughout its history. But on what is that assumption based? Nothing but wishful thinking. And future generations of non-Muslims will pay the price.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/10/...young-muslims-more-loyal-to-islam-than-to-u-s

Re: 51% of U.S. Muslims want Sharia; 60% of young Muslims more loyal to Islam than to

And obama is on track to allow a MILLION Muslims into the US........he's changing America alright like he promised....but not for the better!

His goal as I view it from his actions....is to RUIN America!

Re: 51% of U.S. Muslims want Sharia; 60% of young Muslims more loyal to Islam than to

jihadwatch. Oh please. There is no creeping sharia. That's Kudzu. And neither trump the Constitution.

Are you goign to provide an actual source or no?

I wonder what percentage of Christians in the US would say they put their faith before their country. I wonder what percentage of Christians in the US would say yes if you asked them, "Do you think our laws should be based on God's law?"

I have no idea what the answers would be. But I would be curious.

Really, what did you expect? A considerable portion of U.S. domestic and foreign policy is based on the assumption that Islam in the U.S. will be different: that Muslims here believe differently from those elsewhere, and do not accept the doctrines of violence against and subjugation of unbelievers that have characterized Islam throughout its history. But on what is that assumption based? Nothing but wishful thinking. And future generations of non-Muslims will pay the price.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/10/...young-muslims-more-loyal-to-islam-than-to-u-s

Run away! Run away! Turn the light on at night! They're out to get me! I'm terrorized! Run away! :shocked2::afraid:

There is no data to support the claims of jihadwatch.org.

I know a lot of Christians that put their faith before their loyalty to the US too.

By the time they have a majority they will want sharia as much as Christians have written law according to the ten commandments.

Before posting you should first determine if what the article claims is truthful or propaganda..........

In this case it is the latter...........

The one like provided as Pew Research returns an IBD page Investment Research - Stock Quotes, Stock Tips, Options Center - IBD - Investors.com.......... seems to have trouble with truth as does Donald

And your source has been described in Saudi Newspaper: "Jihad Watch (Spreads) Nazi Propaganda in Order to Link Islam with Terrorism"

More so..................... most Moslems come to the US to flee sharia law............

So what?

Who cares?

Lots of far right evangelicals would like to get the U.S. government off of Wall Streets back and into every American bedroom,controlling every American's private life. That's not going to happen.Not today,not tomorrow,not ever.

Wait and see.

Oh, sure, I'm going to buy the poll results of a group calling itself "Jihad watch".

jihadwatch. Oh please. There is no creeping sharia. That's Kudzu. And neither trump the Constitution.

Kudzu? I like that - gotta use it myself sometime, especially after having seen how it just creeps and covers and chokes everything in sight. What's more, a few acres covered by kudzu is great for breeding every kind of snake and spider on the planet - scary stuff.

By the time they have a majority they will want sharia as much as Christians have written law according to the ten commandments.

By the time they have a majority hell will have frozen over and everything will be sunshine and lolipops, so no-one will care.

I am a Christian first, and everything else is less important. Even in the Marine Corps it was God, Country, Corps.
I wonder what percentage of Christians in the US would say they put their faith before their country. I wonder what percentage of Christians in the US would say yes if you asked them, "Do you think our laws should be based on God's law?"

I have no idea what the answers would be. But I would be curious.

It amazes me how many people don't understand the words:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing [sic] in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Scare tactics gets the conservatives all fired up. IIRC it all started when Fox News heard about those pesky Muslim taxi drives in Denver.
It amazes me how many people don't understand the words:

Which page? Do you know?

You can start on page 6.

There's a chart titled, "Young Muslims: More Observant, More Radical", and a discussion of the same in the page's text.

But I would also recommend searching the document for the number "30" because the entire report is littered with different statistics related to those under that age.

Full disclosure here, I saw, "Jihad Watch" and like most everyone else figured it was going to be a bunch of nonsense, but the numbers as Pew reports them are actually pretty surprising, maybe even staggering.

15% of young Muslims under 30 think suicide bombings are justified, and 7% take a favorable view of al Qaeda.

Now, that's certainly not every Muslim, not even most, but if, as according to another Pew report, there are 3.3 million Muslims in the U.S. and 36% of those are between the ages of 18-29 you're looking at about 200,000 who think suicide bombings are justified and about 100,000 who view al Qaeda favorably.

If even a small fraction of those can be radicalized (assuming they aren't pretty radical already) you're looking at a couple hundred more Boston.San Bernardino/Orlando style attacks.

And all of that assumes that every Muslim who was polled was being 110% honest.

I doubt that the guys who are considering attacks if even only as a possibility at some distant point in the future, or those who are seriously planning on doing something violent, are going to raise their hands and say, "Yeah, I hate you people, support suicide attacks like the one I'm considering, and will commit my attack in the name of al Qaeda".

I know a lot of Christians that put their faith before their loyalty to the US too.

I put my faith ahead of all elected leaders, totally based on life experience. The worst part about governments is they have people in them, who sooner or later become corrupt. It is a matter of natural law, whether it be the Boy Scouts, the local Christian church(s), town government, there will be ego, empire building, patronage and corruption.

How I learn to see that and be able to avoid that, is a matter of growing in faith.

As you can imagine at my age my opinion on gender differences, rights and privilege come not from laws made by egotistical prima donnas, but by experiencing life and applying your faith, increasingly, ahead of whatever.

When I first got clean and sober, I would easily have been classed as every "ist" and "izer" on the planet. But I had to accept the people who were placed in my path for any form of support; truthfully I was so filled with rage people feared me. It came when all I had was an obese lesbian woman whose story touched mine; her becoming the first to actually hug me and befriend me. Then there was a Biker for Jesus who was all leather, tattoos and hair.

It was sharing our goal in faith that brought us together.

Christianity gets a bad rap because there are bad Christians and there has been a general, overall hijacking of the content of the the most studied/disputed works in the world, the Bible. Not to preach, but the guy I call God reached out and saved this alcoholic's life, AS WELL AS the lives of street whores, gays, transgendered, lesbians, jailbirds and even this coke-addled drunk, who was allowed to become their friends.

So when you hear guys like Ted Cruz, know that he is to Christianity what ISIS is to Islam; the man is an idiot to call on God to help him win an election.

Wut the **** is "jihadwatch.org"?

Idk, a website where they watch jihadis?

is that something like BabyWatch, or a puppy cam? Maybe it's like Baywatch and everyone is wearing slinky red swimsuits.

You can count me as part of that list... But I also understand that if I face choice between following God or my country and I choose to follow God, I will pay the penalty for doing so. I don't ask anyone to change the laws based on nothing more than my Faith, but I may work to change them to see this nation be a better place.

Back
Top Bottom