• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

51% Favor Government Shutdown Until Congress Cuts Health Care Funding

the two largest times of economic expansion this century happened after the JFK cuts and after the Reagan cuts you cant dispute those facts

only reason they was able to have such high tax rates in the 1950s because we where the only major economy left standing after the war it was like being the only store in town and could charge what ever they wanted

Reagan caused massive debts we are still dealing with, and huge expansion of government. Pot meet Kettle

Reagan caused massive debts we are still dealing with, and huge expansion of government. Pot meet Kettle

Reagan? LMAO.Did your political science "professor" tell you that?..Might as well throw in Washington and Lincoln, too.
That's such a vague charge as to be meaningless..."so and so caused massive debts".

Name those debts Reagan created and explain how we're still dealing with them.

Name one president who has actually downsized government.

Provide links.

Reagan? LMAO.Did your political science "professor" tell you that?..Might as well throw in Washington and Lincoln, too.
That's such a vague charge as to be meaningless..."so and so caused massive debts".

Name those debts Reagan created and explain how we're still dealing with them.

Name one president who has actually downsized government.

Provide links.

lol when was his debt paid off

lol when was his debt paid off

Am I to understand that your rationale for justifying wrongdoing today is wrongdoing in the past?

When and how much was the last budget obama submitted? When and how much was the last budget congress approved?

List those debts you allege that Reagan created and explain how we're still dealing with them.

Name one president who didn't expand government?

Am I to understand that your rationale for justifying wrongdoing today is wrongdoing in the past?

When and how much was the last budget obama submitted? When and how much was the last budget congress approved?

List those debts you allege that Reagan created and explain how we're still dealing with them.

Greetings, P.Kersey. :2wave:

While I understand that it is not always easy to admit you were wrong, we all have been at some point in our lives. Blaming others for our mistakes is cowardly, IMO, and most people feel that way, especially when the truth is glaringly apparent. No wonder trust in this administration is eroding, and if lost, it's almost impossible to regain. The world is watching. :shock:

Wow you are not aware of the debt Reagan left??? Again I must ask how old are you. The facts are over the last 30 years Republicans have been in control and expanded government by leaps and bounds. I refuse to believe you have not run across this in all your "research". I feel I do not need to post such basic facts here. Now if you are so blind a simple google search will pull up everything you need to know! riolleyes

My impression,

The Republicans should rejoice in having this nicely timed option of shutting down the government, should play up the reality that, despite all the calls of gloom and doom, the sequester has given us necessary cuts in government, even gave the boob a chance to take credit for reductions in deficits... and forces a more judicious use of our military, or himself will have to call for defense increases... should he not husband this limited resource better than previous, seeing as the peace prize winner increased our involvement in a conflict deftly neglected under the GW admin [Afghanistan ]...and then the boob went on to get himself, and us, involved in Libya...yet not so much in Mali [ is the president prejudiced or is that wonder only reserved for a Republican if white president?] and was gung- ho just a mere two weeks prior, itching to strike Syria...prior to the red line/chem weapons 1 2 punches we hit ourselves in the mouth with the off the cuff remarkably bad remarks made by our fearless leader and his sketch-etary of state, kerry [ is it just me or is he looking a bit ill of late...maybe I'm just seeing him more on a constant basis and noticing more how he usually might look...but I digress...]...

Yes, the government has shut down plenty of times, no need to worry... get out in front...tell the folks why you are doing it, to cut overreaching expenses and to kill a plan that is like a planned rendezvous of the Hindenburg and the Titantic, oooooohhhh the huuUUuumanity!?!??!!

Also predict exactly how Obama will spin it, or try, to his advantage...even if they are wrong about predicting how they will not be wrong about predicting that he will try to spin it...then there will be heightened attention on the matter to see if the Republicans called it correctly, even if the Rs don't swish it, they can count the basket. And nobody but the diehards wants this barreling down the wrong track train-wreck, obamacare, obvious with so many bailing off the train, the defections on just that side, noticeably unions and the Congress/staff... I mean is this more a mix of Monty Python or Shakespeare in its depth of tragic farce?

Besides, as stated, we have had plenty of govt shutdowns in the past, a couple/few in Reagan years comes to mind...big deal, embrace it, bring American a bit back on kilter, its gotta be done sometime or there just might be trouble, big big touble, in the rapids directly ahead...need to at least steer away from the major boulders...

Hhmm…according to an article that was written in the Wall Street Journal this week by Kkkarl. “60% of independents oppose BOcare.

And… “58% of independents also say they oppose defunding BOcare if that risks even a temporary shutdown. “

Now you’re blundering into the mid-terms saying WTF/WhoTF needs independents anyway .Go gettem tiger.:thumbs:

Wow you are not aware of the debt Reagan left???
You brought it up, not me. List them.

Again I must ask how old are you.
Older than you, I wager. Nevertheless...don't try to change the subject. Support your claim with facts.

The facts are over the last 30 years Republicans have been in control and expanded government by leaps and bounds.
List some examples...and list some of the expansions democrats have engineered. You made the claim...support it.

I refuse to believe you have not run across this in all your "research".
Doesn't matter what I've run across or what you believe or refuse to believe...If I posted something and didn't support it and then retreated when challenged you'd never let that slide...support your claims.

I feel I do not need to post such basic facts here.
Stop trying to evade. Support your claims.

Now if you are so blind a simple google search will pull up everything you need to know! riolleyes

I'm not blind, my dear. ad hom won't give you enough cover to hide behind or distract anyone. You made the claims, not me. Support them.

are you serious you want to pass on a CNN poll as a reliable unbais poll you got to do better then that

they just asked who would get blamed not if they are right or wrong for doing so

and it is almost 2 weeks old

Says the guy who posted Rasmussen.

51% Favor Government Shutdown Until Congress Cuts Health Care Funding - Rasmussen Reports™

majority of America has the Republicans back .
this is why Harry Reid is scared ****less and will pull every trick in the book to keep the house debt ceiling bill to ever reach the senate floor because he might not have enough opposing votes for it not to pass. remember there is an election coming in 2014 there is a lot of democrat seats in red and purple states that will be challenged and they will go on record for the 2nd time in support of Obama care if they oppose the house bill and will lose their seat for supporting such an unpopular law
So what? The president's job is to do what's right, not what's popular.

51% Favor Government Shutdown Until Congress Cuts Health Care Funding - Rasmussen Reports™

majority of America has the Republicans back .
this is why Harry Reid is scared ****less and will pull every trick in the book to keep the house debt ceiling bill to ever reach the senate floor because he might not have enough opposing votes for it not to pass. remember there is an election coming in 2014 there is a lot of democrat seats in red and purple states that will be challenged and they will go on record for the 2nd time in support of Obama care if they oppose the house bill and will lose their seat for supporting such an unpopular law

We'll see.

If the GOP shuts down the government and hurts the USA's credit rating, etc. I predict that will have a negative impact on the GOP.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

You brought it up, not me. List them.

"The nominal national debt rose from $900 billion to $2.8 trillion during Reagan's tenure, an average national budget deficit per year of $237.5 billion, as compared to an average national budget deficit per year of $56.9 billion during Carter's tenure."

Reaganomics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
US Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP United States 1900-2010 - Federal State Local Data

In before "Wiki doesn't count." 2nd link is the cited link.

Says the guy who posted Rasmussen.

then pick a poll any poll you want they all say the same thing America hates Obama care
and not just by one or two points we are talking about 10 points or more

Public Approval of Health Care Law
Rasmussen Reports* 9/14 - 9/15 1000 LV 43 53 Against/Oppose +10
ABC News/Wash Post 9/12 - 9/15 1004 A 42 52 Against/Oppose +10
CNN/Opinion Research* 9/6 - 9/8 1022 A 39 57 Against/Oppose +18
FOX News* 9/6 - 9/8 900 RV 35 54 Against/Oppose +19
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 9/5 - 9/8 1000 A 31 44 Against/Oppose +13
USA Today/Pew Research 9/4 - 9/8 1506 A 42 53 Against/Oppose +11
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

and will you look at that your beloved CNN shows one of the the worse hate for Obama care

and will you look at that your beloved CNN shows one of the the worse hate for Obama care

I swear, you guys have a bigger woody for throwing CNN at "liberals" than anyone actually has for watching it. Why do you insist that CNN is "beloved" to anyone? CNN is crap.

then pick a poll any poll you want they all say the same thing America hates Obama care

Polls do not tell the whole story, because the methods of taking polls varies.

What questions were asked in the polls, that also matters

"The nominal national debt rose from $900 billion to $2.8 trillion during Reagan's tenure, an average national budget deficit per year of $237.5 billion, as compared to an average national budget deficit per year of $56.9 billion during Carter's tenure."

US Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP United States 1900-2010 - Federal State Local Data

I'm sure the little girl thanks you for bailing her out of doing the dirty work of supporting her claim with data....but what you've actually done is prove she was wrong. Funny...

Look at 98, 99, 2000 and 2001..Isn't that interesting..

Look at 2009 and 2010..Largest increase IN U.S. HISTORY...VERY interesting. I wonder what the numbers for 2011 and 2012 are?

I'm sure the little girl thanks you for bailing her out of doing the dirty work of supporting her claim with data....but what you've actually done is prove she was wrong. Funny...

Look at 98, 99, 2000 and 2001..Isn't that interesting..

Look at 2009 and 2010..Largest increase IN U.S. HISTORY...VERY interesting. I wonder what the numbers for 2011 and 2012 are?

You wanted Reagan debt information, I posted it. What you do with it is your business.

Of course, there's a reason debt increased exponentially in 2009 and 2010. I'll leave it to your oh-so-experienced self to figure out what major world event came around the same time.

Universal healthcare woulda been much more poplar but we have to go with what we got-for now;gotta take baby steps. kinda like when Medicare and SS was implemented back in the day.:2wave:

and if Reagan is such a bad man for his $237.5 billion deficit per year what does that make Obama with his 1 trillion deficit per year

the word for today boys and girls is Hypocrisy

You wanted Reagan debt information, I posted it. What you do with it is your business.

Of course, there's a reason debt increased exponentially in 2009 and 2010. I'll leave it to your oh-so-experienced self to figure out what major world event came around the same time.

and Reagan did not have a similar situation when he came into office? some could argue it was worse what Reagan inherited. Reagan had run away inflation and higher unemployment to deal with than Obama

its best for you to stop with the Reagan Obama comparisons you will look foolish

Last edited:
Universal healthcare woulda been much more poplar but we have to go with what we got-for now;gotta take baby steps. kinda like when Medicare and SS was implemented back in the day.:2wave:

love your logic it is the same logic as saying the only reason why that gasoline didn't put the fire out but made it worse is because you did not throw enough on it

I favor a government shut down for awhile. Doesn't scare me since I don't need them to pay my rent or buy my food.

I always amuses me how often Americans express how much they dislike Obamacare, but then show support for almost every actual provision in it. Except for the individual mandate, because that's how you pay for all the other benefits.

Back
Top Bottom