• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

50 Texans drink bleach

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Following 46 cases of bleach ingestions in the North Texas Poison Center region since the start of August, experts are again warning people that drinking the chemical won’t prevent COVID-19.

The organization pointed to “misleading and inaccurate information circulating online about how to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” for an uptick in poisonings.

Almost 50 North Texans Drank Bleach This Month, Poison Center Warns ‘Stop, It Won’t Cure COVID’ – CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

Trumpets, you can't live with them, you can't get rid of them.

It's a problem.

Trump supporters, nothing more needs to be said.

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

Texas....'nuff said.

My city water is full of it.

If you have convinced yourself to drink bleach to fight coronavirus then there is absolutely no helping you.

This is the specifically the kind of person we do NOT want to see get together with another idiot and ultimately make a bunch of little idiots.

I am curious how that number compares to bleach-drinking incidents prior to Trump's comments? I am sure there is some level of bleach-drinking on a consistent basis due to suicide attempts, but wouldn't surprise me if a large number of them now are connected to what Trump said.

Welcome to Trumpistan, folks!

Welcome to Trump's America.

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

Was there anyone who seriously considered drinking bleach, for whatever reason, before Trump said to drink it? I doubt that there were many. There are two kinds of people who drank bleach: 1.) People who don't know that ingesting bleach is deadly and who don't read the warnings on the container. 2.) People who know that they should not drink bleach but do it anyway because Trump said so.

All of the COVID-related deaths Trump caused weren't enough. He wanted to cause more misery by convincing people to drink bleach. Still there are people supporting him.

Was there anyone who seriously considered drinking bleach, for whatever reason, before Trump said to drink it? I doubt that there were many. There are two kinds of people who drank bleach: 1.) People who don't know that ingesting bleach is deadly and who don't read the warnings on the container. 2.) People who know that they should not drink bleach but do it anyway because Trump said so.

All of the COVID-related deaths Trump caused weren't enough. He wanted to cause more misery by convincing people to drink bleach. Still there are people supporting him.

Saw this... it may be one or two more election cycles before we turn Texas blue given this new information... [emoji1]

I am curious how that number compares to bleach-drinking incidents prior to Trump's comments? I am sure there is some level of bleach-drinking on a consistent basis due to suicide attempts, but wouldn't surprise me if a large number of them now are connected to what Trump said.

Trumpsters. Always looking to make up an excuse!

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

Unbelievable! Should try Scotch or Vodka. LOL! Moonshine which could be over 100 proof. Might go blind but might work.

Was going to say the figure sounded low, but it's just since Aug 1, so Texas has another week to set a record.

Saw this... it may be one or two more election cycles before we turn Texas blue given this new information... [emoji1]

Who knows I saw one poll today that had Biden leading trump by 1 point here, which is really just a tie, but it may be closer than many people think. He loses Texas and he loses the election, period.

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

People who drink bleach will reap what they sow. I say good riddance. Of course I have drank bleach. When not sure about a water source add some bleach to the water. That was army training. Of course Trump was in charge of the army then.

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

My question would be, what is the age demographic for these 50 people?

Doing some more reading, 12 people of the 46 sought medical attention, and several of the cases were not intentional -- tied to the increased use of cleaning products.

Source found here.

"We do know that there’s a lot of misinformation through the media, through the internet, so that can also be a contributing factor where people are misinformed and hear it from a neighbor or a friend and think it sounds like a good idea when it could potentially be dangerous," she said.

She said the majority of the nearly 50 calls were not severe cases, but 12 people did seek medical attention.

Holloway said not all the cases are intentional.

"We do know that more people are using these products more than ever before and typically when we have more of those products, using products, we see more exposure, more accidents will happen," Holloway said.

Doing some more reading, 12 people of the 46 sought medical attention, and several of the cases were not intentional -- tied to the increased use of cleaning products.

Source found here.

Do we have us the latest Covington or Smollett? You would think the libs would learn their lesson by now.

What I don't get is why people think these are Trump supporters who drank the bleach? Trump supporters think this is a hoax. They aren't concerned about getting C19. These people have to be liberals who drank the bleach.

Do we have us the latest Covington or Smollett? You would think the libs would learn their lesson by now.

What I don't get is why people think these are Trump supporters who drank the bleach? Trump supporters think this is a hoax. They aren't concerned about getting C19. These people have to be liberals who drank the bleach.

Or there could be young toddlers included in the numbers. Regardless, if you're an adult and you drink bleach intentionally, your a dumb ass. If you also rely on social media for your news feed .. you're a dumb ass. If you're not a smart donkey, you're a dumb ass.

I would guess most bleach drinking incidents, in any year, are accidental, and not intentional, no matter the goal.

Remember when people were eating Tide Pods?

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

Reminds me of Andrew Cuomo's wife.

Trumpets, you can't live with them, you can't get rid of them.

It's a problem.

Do you have any evidence that the people who drank bleach are Trumpets?

LOL, who else would?

Good God, normal folks won't drink bleach!

Why, because there are absolutely no stupid Democrats? And all those idiots drinking bleach in Iran must have been "Trumpets" too, because that's the only way anyone would ever consider drinking bleach, right?

Back
Top Bottom